T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been trying to sell my 2 Thursday-Sunday camping tickets for £380 but no fucks interested! Gonna have to cancel them I think. Just not enough there for me. Take my chances in the Glastonbury resale and never buy a ticket for T again.

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

Been trying to sell my 2 Thursday-Sunday camping tickets for £380 but no fucks interested! Gonna have to cancel them I think. Just not enough there for me. Take my chances in the Glastonbury resale and never buy a ticket for T again.

You'll get shot of them no bother when tickets are in hand.

Info on the planned opening times:

TITP opening times.JPG

Looks like they are at least planning something in the campsites for after the stages close, and perhaps something like the old Sunset Strip in some of the arena, only just found this info myself.

Also if anyone is interested the overall event plan is (if it works) attached to this post, 500k PDF file.

Note that the info I've posted is public knowledge and part of the planning application :) just a lot to dig through.

ta,  David

T_in_the_Park_2016_-_Event_Management_Plan_v2.pdf

6 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Just announced that Hot Dub Time Machine will be on in Tuts on Thursday night. Very good news, that's always good fun.

Darn, I get there on the Friday, thinking that nothing would be on on the Thursday....

Any idea if The Hot Dub Time Machine might have another slot later in the weekend as it is brilliant and don't want to miss it?

55 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Darn, I get there on the Friday, thinking that nothing would be on on the Thursday....

Any idea if The Hot Dub Time Machine might have another slot later in the weekend as it is brilliant and don't want to miss it?

Guttted cause I get there the Friday too,hopefully they'll get another slot preferably after travis or 1975

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2016 at 0:57 PM, aurorass said:

Do you recommend the festival? I'm looking for some as I missed Glasto :(

Depends what you're after.  It's nothing like Glasto and to be honest there's always a few secret sales in May for Glasto.  If you set up an alert on the see tickets page to let you know when it changes.

As for T, I had many a good year at Balado but was getting tired of the repetitive line ups and pop orientated way the festival was going, so I didn't bother going last year and wouldn't go to the new site unless there was a line up that suited me.  Calvin Harris every year just doesn't do it for me.

The problems with the new venue have been well highlighted and to be fair to Geoff, he appears to have listened and they're heavily promoting the changes to the site this year which will hopefully make it a bit better.  Traffic attending last year turned the surrounding area into a chaos zone and organisers basically did zero to help.  The roads, or lack of, around the site haven't changed so there's a chance the same problems will happen again.

If you like the line up and come prepared for traffic chaos it's worth a punt. You'd probably need to camp as there's hardly any off site options nearby.  The campsite itself is sometimes like a war zone without the sunshine.

It won't sell out, so if it was me, I'd wait and see if I could get a Glasto ticket and if not, you could always get a ticket for less than face value nearer the time.

Alternatively go to a festival abroad.  They're far cheaper, weather is generally better and it's more like a holiday.

I'm thinking of going for the day on Friday...few Qs

What's the latest bus out of there after the gigs stop on Friday? Website says return bus to Edinburgh at 00.30..just wondering is that the first or latest time you can leave?

Also what are the chances of getting into the camp-site afterwards with no camping wristband? Few mates are camping so would probably be looking to go back for a while for an afterparty!!

Is it likely the roses and Jamie XX will clash on Friday?

thanks in advance!

Edited by dod2790

35 minutes ago, dod2790 said:

I'm thinking of going for the day on Friday...few Qs

What's the latest bus out of there after the gigs stop on Friday? Website says return bus to Edinburgh at 00.30..just wondering is that the first or latest time you can leave?

Also what are the chances of getting into the camp-site afterwards with no camping wristband? Few mates are camping so would probably be looking to go back for a while for an afterparty!!

Is it likely the roses and Jamie XX will clash on Friday?

thanks in advance!

Not sure about the bus times. If the bands finish in the arena at midnight, I imagine that surely there must be buses leaving for longer than 30 minutes. Not 100% on that though!

You won't get in to the campsite without a camping wristband I'm afraid. It's the main thing security are looking for when everyone is heading in to the campsite.

Jamie XX and Stone Roses are both headlining their stages so they will be on the same time yeah. Might be that Roses start 20-30 minutes before Jamie XX and both finish at the same time depending on set lengths.

20 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Not sure about the bus times. If the bands finish in the arena at midnight, I imagine that surely there must be buses leaving for longer than 30 minutes. Not 100% on that though!

You won't get in to the campsite without a camping wristband I'm afraid. It's the main thing security are looking for when everyone is heading in to the campsite.

Jamie XX and Stone Roses are both headlining their stages so they will be on the same time yeah. Might be that Roses start 20-30 minutes before Jamie XX and both finish at the same time depending on set lengths.

Thanks man not too bothered about the clash. Jamie XX is playing in Dublin the week after so I'll get to see him then 

4 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Where's the listing re who is on what stage and when?

Can't work it out from the poster myself, but I know that at least a couple in my group really want to see both, so a clash would not be ideal.

Any idea about who is playing on what stage and when?

Edited by Copperface

2 hours ago, Copperface said:

Where's the listing re who is on what stage and when?

Can't work it out from the poster myself, but I know that at least a couple in my group really want to see both, so a clash would not be ideal.

Any idea about who is playing on what stage and when?

its not clear from the poster but there was an interview that said jamie xx is king tuts headliner on the friday and alesso is radio 1 headliner

On 20 April 2016 at 2:51 PM, harryomatic said:

Not true. It's easy to get into the campsite at the end of the day without a wristband. 

Although no one can say what this year will be like

1 hour ago, mattrik3 said:

Not true. It's easy to get into the campsite at the end of the day without a wristband. 

Although no one can say what this year will be like

Well guess what I'm meaning is that you're not meant to be able to, so I wouldn't plan your night around doing so just in case