T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

32 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

What do you think are weird positions so far? I thought it all seemed alright baring Tiesto potentially heading KTs

Travis headlining KT after playing at around 7pm in there only a couple of years ago. The Tiesto one is ridiculous if correct. Faithless could be potentially 3rd or 4th down in complete daylight on the main, and

I'm interested to see where Jake Bugg is gonna be on the Sunday. He doesn't warrant a high slot but has he fallen from sub to 4th down? 

Then theres New Order down as a SR but i don't see where they fit in, other than sub RHCP if Tiesto is in KT, but I just don't see it.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anyone else here receive an invite from TITP to one of the fan forums taking place around Scotland at the moment? I went along to the Edinburgh one yesterday, where Geoff Ellis and other senior members of DF were present to explain some of the changes they've made for this year's event and get feedback on what was bad/good last year, why, if folk thought the new changes would help. Have to say it was really informative and did a lot to ease many of my concerns about T at Strathallan.

Main headlines:
- Big shifts in the site layout. More space in both campsite and arena. Half of the campsite moved over to the west. All the main stages moved around in a combination that looks far better. No big pinch points that I could see.
- New traffic management plans. All buses come in from the south, drop off at what was the East Car Park last year, and head out to the east. All car traffic comes in from the north. There are weekend car parks to the north and west, and a dedicated drop off/pick up car park to the west. All car traffic head out to the south west, or north east. Basically separates buses from cars and hopefully will prevent huge tailbacks like we saw last year.
- Stewards will be briefed in a lot more detail and be instructed to emphasise providing answers and help and a good experience over just pushing people about.

Other Stuff:
- Geoff is hoping to bring back more Thursday entertainment, and small performances around the site beyond the main stages.
- Festival now has total control on the overall volume of fairground ride music so hopefully they won't bleed noise when acts are on. The rides are also for the most part much further from stages.
- Should be more variety and quality of food in the campsite.

They admitted they were pretty blindsided by having to deal with all the wildlife concerns and planning permissions difficulties last year, and that was a big part of why standards in other areas of the event slipped. They hope that now they have plans in place for ecology and have proven to council they can handle it, they can spend more time making the other things better.

If you've got any other questions about the meeting, I might be able to answer them.

Genuinely did feel a lot more confident about attending afterwards!

Very interesting, didn't know they had these meetings, any idea how often they are?

Was anything said about the connection from the campsite to the arena? Took me 45 minutes last year to walk from my tent to the main stage (I used the entrance next to the slam tent) and there seemed to be more arena entrances at Balado which made walking distances far shorter?

The idea I got was that they emailed certain folk who filled out the survey, and invited them to one of the sessions in either Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Dundee or Glasgow.

I asked about that as it took me a similar time to walk there. They said it would be the same length of distance/time because it's the same route. However they want to put more food places and maybe some little performances on along the way to make it a bit easier. Also I reckon it'll be less busy along that route this year seeing as a chunk of the camping has been shifted over to the west.

20 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Did anyone else here receive an invite from TITP to one of the fan forums taking place around Scotland at the moment? I went along to the Edinburgh one yesterday, where Geoff Ellis and other senior members of DF were present to explain some of the changes they've made for this year's event and get feedback on what was bad/good last year, why, if folk thought the new changes would help. Have to say it was really informative and did a lot to ease many of my concerns about T at Strathallan.

Main headlines:
- Big shifts in the site layout. More space in both campsite and arena. Half of the campsite moved over to the west. All the main stages moved around in a combination that looks far better. No big pinch points that I could see.
- New traffic management plans. All buses come in from the south, drop off at what was the East Car Park last year, and head out to the east. All car traffic comes in from the north. There are weekend car parks to the north and west, and a dedicated drop off/pick up car park to the west. All car traffic head out to the south west, or north east. Basically separates buses from cars and hopefully will prevent huge tailbacks like we saw last year.
- Stewards will be briefed in a lot more detail and be instructed to emphasise providing answers and help and a good experience over just pushing people about.

Other Stuff:
- Geoff is hoping to bring back more Thursday entertainment, and small performances around the site beyond the main stages.
- Festival now has total control on the overall volume of fairground ride music so hopefully they won't bleed noise when acts are on. The rides are also for the most part much further from stages.

They admitted they were pretty blindsided by having to deal with all the wildlife concerns and planning permissions difficulties last year, and that was a big part of why standards in other areas of the event slipped. They hope that now they have plans in place for ecology and have proven to council they can handle it, they can spend more time making the other things better.

If you've got any other questions about the meeting, I might be able to answer them.

Thanks for sharing Harry.

I haven't been for the last few years and won't be going this year either so I missed all of the chaos last year.

I think with the new site you'd expect there to be teething problems but from reports I've heard it was more than just that. It's good that they are taking these steps to reassure the fans however this was probably mandidated by the council as I know they had major concerns about granting a new license.

Found some info on the layout that they are planning for this year, thought there might be a few here that are interested.

Layout for 2015 was:TITP Layout 2015.jpg

Planned layout for 2016 is:
TITP 2016 Layout March.JPG

So changes that I can see are:

• Main Stage is moved to where the Slam Tent was, should give a much larger crowd area for this stage
  • 2nd Stage is moved east/right a bit
  • Slam Tent moved from NE/Top Right across the site to W/Left side, nearer to where the campsite entrance into Pink was
  • KTWWT moved to what was Pink 2 last year - big change
  • Most of the outlets/bars/stalls are now around the outside, so should be more space in the middle for people to move around, no chock points in the middle of the arena

Will post a bit more if work allows later :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, MinionDave said:

Found some info on the layout that they are planning for this year, thought there might be a few here that are interested.

Layout for 2015 was:TITP Layout 2015.jpg

Planned layout for 2016 is:
TITP 2016 Layout March.JPG

So changes that I can see are:

• Main Stage is moved to where the Slam Tent was, should give a much larger crowd area for this stage
  • 2nd Stage is moved east/right a bit
  • Slam Tent moved from NE/Top Right across the site to W/Left side, nearer to where the campsite entrance into Pink was
  • KTWWT moved to what was Pink 2 last year - big change
  • Most of the outlets/bars/stalls are now around the outside, so should be more space in the middle for people to move around, no chock points in the middle of the arena

Will post a bit more if work allows later :rolleyes:

Glad to see they addressed the squeeze at Cocktail Cocktail and King Tuts. Was a nightmare last year

That's the photo I took of the cartoon map at the meeting. Didn't post it earlier in case it changed heaps before the fest, but if that technical map is out there then must not be changing much.

Big squeeze point this year I think will be around Healthy T, which is between R1, Slam and Tuts. Looks fairly tight on the technical map compared to the cartoon one.

EDIT: the big black shape at the bottom is just a laptop in the way of the screen.

image.jpeg

Edited by harryomatic

On 19 March 2016 at 3:36 PM, harryomatic said:

Main headlines:

Other Stuff:

Is there going to be anything to do after 12 mate something like the palm stage a couple of years back???

Unlikely, from what I've seen the bars/entertainment is until midnight same as last year (with VIP bars until 1am).

The License was for three years, and with the issues of last year it's very unlikely for the times to be relaxed/extended, at least until the festival can prove itself at the new site.  The only way I can think that anything will be going on later is in the camp-site village if they can open a bar or two and have some of the fairground rides running.

There is also been quite a change at the top level re organising/planning, there will be a lot more people that can make decisions/changes as the weekend progresses than before (or I should say - that's what DF are saying will be in place).

ta, D

2 hours ago, MinionDave said:

Unlikely, from what I've seen the bars/entertainment is until midnight same as last year (with VIP bars until 1am).

The License was for three years, and with the issues of last year it's very unlikely for the times to be relaxed/extended, at least until the festival can prove itself at the new site.  The only way I can think that anything will be going on later is in the camp-site village if they can open a bar or two and have some of the fairground rides running.

There is also been quite a change at the top level re organising/planning, there will be a lot more people that can make decisions/changes as the weekend progresses than before (or I should say - that's what DF are saying will be in place).

ta, D

Cheers for the info

Fingers crossed they get something sorted.

They did say that they had a slightly later licence for the arena, though the main benefit of that which was mentioned was to give people more time to move around and exit correctly without getting lost once the day was over. Geoff was very keen on trying introduce more entertainment outwith the 6 stages so hopefully that can work in partnership with a later licence.

Majority of the new management people were at the meeting, they all did stress the importance of communication and informed decision making throughout the weekend behind the scenes. 

14 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

They did say that they had a slightly later licence for the arena, though the main benefit of that which was mentioned was to give people more time to move around and exit correctly without getting lost once the day was over. Geoff was very keen on trying introduce more entertainment outwith the 6 stages so hopefully that can work in partnership with a later licence.

Majority of the new management people were at the meeting, they all did stress the importance of communication and informed decision making throughout the weekend behind the scenes. 

When are they going to go public with all this mate?

They need to get it out there for all the people that's sitting on the fence.

No idea. Maybe when they put essentials guide and stuff out? The license side of stuff I mean. Management stuff would I imagine just be something that happens. Maybe they'll put an email out with some results from the focus groups. Who knows.

Edited by harryomatic