crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

You're right that is what V have, but looks like T have it too.

What I don't know is whether it just means they're calling the Radio 1 stage that for one night or whether it's a genuinely different stage.

I see. Good shout on it being one day of R1; I think I read someone say that's what they're doing at V but I dunno if that's right.

Got me worried that they'll pull that shit with a whole day of the NME stage at R+L, so changing the dance stage to the SOD stage would be preferable.

Edit: well, not actually worried because I'm very unlikely to go to R+L either, it'd just be sorta tragic. :P

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

I like how they announced those acts on Annie Mac's show but failed to put her and Danny Howard on the poster. Good work T.

Their social media team really are quite inept at times.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I see. Good shout on it being one day of R1; I think I read someone say that's what they're doing at V but I dunno if that's right.

Got me worried that they'll pull that shit with a whole day of the NME stage, so changing the dance stage to the SOD stage would be preferable.

Edit: well, not actually worried because I'm very unlikely to go to R+L either, it'd just be sorta tragic. :P

Agreed, as someone who doesn't like any of those acts it would just remove a whole stage's worth of options of bands for me to see for that day if they did it on R1. Although if they largely kept the dance acts to that stage for the day and not on Main or Kings Tuts that would help things. 

Haven't decided yet whether I'll do either/both of TITP and/or R&L.

They should actually just make that stage the dance stage. Let the people who happily watch Calvin and Guetta ever year go there. Bands on the other two stages. It would probably actually help them sell more tickets, rather than have people up in arms.

Might have misheard on the radio, but I think it was mentioned that they'd take over from 7pm (or at least that's when they'd send it live on the radio) they'll probably just set up the screens and lasers on the radio 1 stage for then, and have each act on one after enough with very small or no intermissions

Edited by uninspired_user

36 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Rodrigo y Gabriela back on the Friday. Interesting that Tiesto isn't in this announcement, suppose there's still a chance he could end up as the Friday Radio 1 headliner?

Edit: Apparently not

Haha, just before I scrolled down as saw I thought Alesso has got to be radio 1 headliner, he was announced at the headliner for Creams last stage to be announced as well earlier. He is very good to be fair and decent live. Glad I don't have to make that choice on Friday. Reckon Tiesto might have been a misprint somehow.

Anyway:

The Stone Roses
Disclosure
Courteeners

Alesso

Jamie XX

Calvin Harris
Bastille
Jess Glynne
James Bay

The 1975
TLSP
Catfish and the Bottlemen

Travis

RHCP
Faithless
Chase and Status

LCD
Major Lazer

New Order (tba)

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Haha, just before I scrolled down as saw I thought Alesso has got to be radio 1 headliner, he was announced at the headliner for Creams last stage to be announced as well earlier. He is very good to be fair and decent live. Glad I don't have to make that choice on Friday. Reckon Tiesto might have been a misprint somehow.

Anyway:

The Stone Roses
Disclosure
Courteeners

Alesso

Jamie XX

Calvin Harris
Bastille
Jess Glynne
James Bay

The 1975
TLSP
Catfish and the Bottlemen

Travis

RHCP
Faithless
Chase and Status

LCD
Major Lazer

New Order (tba)

Come on, if Alesso was on a poster uploaded by mistake last night, then they wouldn't have coincidently misprinted Tiesto. They specifically said they would announce R1 today with KT still TBA. I'm cancelling. Keep my deposit.

7 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Come on, if Alesso was on a poster uploaded by mistake last night, then they wouldn't have coincidently misprinted Tiesto. They specifically said they would announce R1 today with KT still TBA. I'm cancelling. Keep my deposit.

Don't know where Tiesto would go? Bigger than Alesso and he's headlining Radio 1. There is no reason why Tiesto wouldn't have come tonight surely? Chvrches I would imagine are subbing Alesso.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Don't know where Tiesto would go? Bigger than Alesso and he's headlining Radio 1. There is no reason why Tiesto wouldn't have come tonight surely? Chvrches I would imagine are subbing Alesso.

The same reason there is still over 25 acts to announce I guess. They are obviously planning on announcing bits at a time. Tiesto does seem ridiculous in there, but it is clearly right if it was on that poster which has provided a correct headliner tonight.

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is it possible Tiesto is doing a closing set one night, on either of the two main stages? Not sure how feasible that is and why they wouldn't announce it earlier - just spitballing ideas for where he'd fit in

I don't see anyone playing after Stone Roses or RHCP, especially not RHCP due to licensing on the Sunday night. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see him headline King Tuts, though I imagine it would be exceptionally busy 

1 hour ago, uninspired_user said:

Given that the days were slightly wrong on the other poster could it be Calvin and Tiesto on the Sat to recreate the greater than tour? It would then bump Bastille down slightly as well

I'm assuming Tiesto is the special act tba for EDC UK on the Saturday so can't see him playing T that day.

2 hours ago, Alan_C said:

The same reason there is still over 25 acts to announce I guess. They are obviously planning on announcing bits at a time. Tiesto does seem ridiculous in there, but it is clearly right if it was on that poster which has provided a correct headliner tonight.

Oh I understand that, but there needs to be a place to announce him. He's much bigger than A&B who played 3rd down in Tuts a few years ago. The only thing I see is him playing under The 1975 so the crowd move from Radio 1 to main but as I sat that day is already stacked.

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I don't see anyone playing after Stone Roses or RHCP, especially not RHCP due to licensing on the Sunday night. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see him headline King Tuts, though I imagine it would be exceptionally busy 

I believe that guy who said New Order for Tuts header Sunday and given other places that's about all they could play. This makes me wonder for Glasto though if New Order will be the header for Other stage but not close it, very Pixies 2014 like booking. As said below kind of, if Saturday had two closers so to speak it would make sense but we would know.

1 hour ago, TheHiddenPassenger said:

I'm assuming Tiesto is the special act tba for EDC UK on the Saturday so can't see him playing T that day.

I'm not a big fan of his new stuff but I actually imagined that might be Alesso given he has a touring history with Axwell^ Ingrosso and is at T on the Friday. On the Saturday we already know Travis is Tuts, The 1975 are Radio 1 and there is plenty announced that day already that will fill main stags top 3/4 and Radio 1 sub/3rd.

I thought Chvrches might sub Alesso but then saw the lineup under him, tbf Annie Mac as that top two is pretty alright and Danny Howard isn't the worst. People that go are loving Oliver Heldens.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I believe that guy who said New Order for Tuts header Sunday and given other places that's about all they could play. This makes me wonder for Glasto though if New Order will be the header for Other stage but not close it, very Pixies 2014 like booking. As said below kind of, if Saturday had two closers so to speak it would make sense but we would know.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar happen, but with New Order closing the stage and them having another fairly big act below them like they did with Deadmau5/Ben Howard last year. Dentalplan mentioned getting Kendrick Lamar, and whilst I'm not sure they'll get him, something like that would work well

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar happen, but with New Order closing the stage and them having another fairly big act below them like they did with Deadmau5/Ben Howard last year. Dentalplan mentioned getting Kendrick Lamar, and whilst I'm not sure they'll get him, something like that would work well

I defo see something happening. Not sure I see New Order doing the same Pixies T slot and playing one higher at Glasto though, doesn't mean NO can't be billed as the header mind like Ben Howard.

2 hours ago, standfree92 said:

Would Tiesto go on before Calvin? 

He could yes but the font he was in on the poster would suggest he wasn't and with the other acts it would be very difficult to fit it, they could all fill top 3 on top 2 stages as it is.