crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Zooropa said:

For me it's Travis all the way. A lot of my mates are going to want to see Calvin Harris though!

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I will be going to Travis as well, since they're up against them. Such a weak headliner compared to options on other days though. I don't know why they put Travis so high, they could have easily put them on 2nd or 3rd top on KT.

2 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I will be going to Travis as well, since they're up against them. Such a weak headliner compared to options on other days though. I don't know why they put Travis so high, they could have easily put them on 2nd or 3rd top on KT.

loads of albums and pretty sure they headlined T back in the day

Travis did have one of the largest/best Tuts crowds I've seen back in 2013. They've a new album coming out, and think the Scottish date of their upcoming tour sold out super quickly. Good alternative to Calvin (EDM) and The 1975 (R1 indie pop) for the audience that might be slightly older, or maybe in to The Stone Roses kind of genre.

4 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Travis did have one of the largest/best Tuts crowds I've seen back in 2013. They've a new album coming out, and think the Scottish date of their upcoming tour sold out super quickly. Good alternative to Calvin (EDM) and The 1975 (R1 indie pop) for the audience that might be slightly older, or maybe in to The Stone Roses kind of genre.

It does make sense when you put it like that. Just seems like a bit of a cheap option, when they haven't grew any bigger in them couple of years, and they would have happily accepted the same slot again. They will get a big crowd again against CH and 1975.

If I wasn't going to werchter this year I'd head back to T, obviously not back to say 2011 but it will never come close but when you compare it to V and Iow it beats them by miles. 

Travis were brilliant the other year and if I were going I'd be very happy with them as an alternative, much better to be in the tent headlining than middle main stage.

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/t-in-the-park-boss-on-learning-from-2015s-failures-booking-the-stone-roses-and-that-guy-in-the-tent?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Geoff Ellis interview. Main information in there is The Stone Roses are in the studio, Jess Glynne is high on main stage, Florence is only doing London, Major Lazer are subbing LCD.

10 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/t-in-the-park-boss-on-learning-from-2015s-failures-booking-the-stone-roses-and-that-guy-in-the-tent?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Geoff Ellis interview. Main information in there is The Stone Roses are in the studio, Jess Glynne is high on main stage, Florence is only doing London, Major Lazer are subbing LCD.

The guy is full of shit,in what world does he think the 1975 is a good headliner?LCD sound system will bomb headlining the sunday(my opinion)it would have been much better if they subbed RHCP and someone like deadmau5 was last on Sunday.

23 minutes ago, Paulk2904 said:

Travis in 2013 were one of the best sets I've seen at T. They were incredible as was the crowd. If I was going they would be a must see considering who they are up against. 

I've seen a lot of sets with a great crowd atmosphere at T and Travis set in Tuts was up there, as was there first appearance at Balado in Tuts about 98. The easy winner for the Saturday night headliner IMO.