T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

6 minutes ago, crowie said:

I've been told this afternoon New Order will be playing so would imagine they will be Tuts Sunday. Thank Goodness!

Reliable information? I know you did mention RHCP and LCD a month ago.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, harryomatic said:

There is still a chance I guess of Foals being announced for Saturday.

Calvin
Foals
Bastille

The 1975

Travis

Not really any reason to hold them back now though. I think Bastille will end up subbing as there's enough acts for that day already announced who will be 3rd/4th down on Main or high Radio 1 without Bastille being added to that.

If the headliners do end up being...

• Stone Roses//INSERT RADIO 1 POP-EDM HEADLINER//Jamie XX
  • Calvin Harris//The 1975//Travis
  • Chillis//LCD Soundsytem//New Order

It seems like they'll have got their audience split very wrong. Chillis/LCD/NO & then Calvin/The 1975 will both be competing for the same crowd.

Also Saturday in general looks dreadfully weak

7 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Geoff Ellis quotes on Efests site.

So I see.

2 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

There is still a chance I guess of Foals being announced for Saturday.

Calvin
Foals
Bastille

The 1975

Travis

Nah, they'd be there already. Can't believe Bastille have got a sub position, well I imagine they are subbing with TLSP 3rd anyway?

Just now, DGrant261 said:

It seems like they'll have got their audience split very wrong. Chillis/LCD/NO & then Calvin/The 1975 will both be competing for the same crowd.

1975 will get absolutely nothing up against calvin harris and travis

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

No way will Foals be announced!!! Reading sharing their acts this year are had enough with Disclosure and Chillis being there

Chilis isn't such a big deal, R&L do share headers sometimes with T.....why they didn't just announce them as an English Exclusive got only knows, it's Disclosure that's the one. If they were subbing both it wouldn't be that bad.

2 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

I quite like Saturday....minus the headers. At the minute it looks better than last years for me.....and it's only one wave of acts.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Chilis isn't such a big deal, R&L do share headers sometimes with T.....why they didn't just announce them as an English Exclusive got only knows, it's Disclosure that's the one. If they were subbing both it wouldn't be that bad.

I quite like Saturday....minus the headers. At the minute it looks better than last years for me.....and it's only one wave of acts.

Sharing is 1 thing and to allow the Chillis, OK i accept that but it they were to have Disclosure and Foals subbing!! No chance

Better announcement than I expected, 17 acts who I would definitely see which is a lot more than last year's first announcement:

The Stone Roses, Courteeners, Frightened Rabbit, The Coral

Bastille, The Last Shadow Puppets, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Kaiser Chiefs, Travis, Tom Odell, Shed Seven

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jake Bugg, Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Maximo Park, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Nightsweats, FIDLAR

Not the most impressive in terms of massive acts or rare acts but still lots I would go see.

No way can Bastille be subbing surely. Got to be someone else announced there, especially if they're sticking by the 'co-headliner' thing. I'd say I'm at 50% Biffy, 20% Foals, 20% Ellie Goulding and 10% Taylor Swift.

Just now, Alan_C said:

No way can Bastille be subbing surely. Got to be someone else announced there, especially if they're sticking by the 'co-headliner' thing. I'd say I'm at 50% Biffy, 20% Foals, 20% Ellie Goulding and 10% Taylor Swift.

Oh I hadn't even noticed Ellie Goulding wasn't there. I'll go for her being announced after her Hydro gig then.

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

I doubt they are having a co-headliner, they didn't really have one when they said they were even.