T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still seems odd to me the idea of Biffy having fallen from grace quite so quickly, I don't really buy it. Especially as a Scottish act (we know T loves to push Scottish acts) I can't see them subbing so soon. Would either headline Sunday outright, or do the Saturday with Calvin as co-headliners. 

T could make it a big ol Scottish day on main stage.

Calvin Harris

Biffy Clyro

Primal Scream

Twin Atlantic

Chvrches

Frightened Rabbit

Young Fathers

Fatherson

4 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Still seems odd to me the idea of Biffy having fallen from grace quite so quickly, I don't really buy it. Especially as a Scottish act (we know T loves to push Scottish acts) I can't see them subbing so soon. Would either headline Sunday outright, or do the Saturday with Calvin as co-headliners. 

T could make it a big ol Scottish day on main stage.

Calvin Harris

Biffy Clyro

Primal Scream

Twin Atlantic

Chvrches

Frightened Rabbit

Young Fathers

Fatherson

Be a good day that right until the end. Who is on 2nd headliner please? :)

No chance of that happening mind. I reckon it will be someone poppy below Calvin Harris.

They might go a bit strong on the Friday for the Roses crowd on the main stage.

Stone Roses

Primal Scream

Courteeners

Last Shadow Puppets

James

Personally I would hope Courteeners aren't playing anywhere near Roses mind as I am not a fan. The way T have been whoring the Roses booking about over social media you would expect T to be catering for their crowd over the weekend.

I can't see Primal Scream as high as sub.

As for Biffy Clyro into Calvin Harris, I'm actually leaning towards that more now with Biffy/FOB as a co-headline seeming likely too at RandL. They said they'd be doing more than one festival. That might mean Summer Sessions of course, but I'm going for T.

Primal Scream is just purely down to it being Roses and their past support slots for them, as well as them being Scottish of course. It's either that slot or Saturday KT headliner for them I reckon. I can only really think of PS or maybe Faithless out of obvious choices for that slot on the Friday out of who is available, touring and would suit going on before them. I think Faithless would be brilliant before them.

Biffy would be a good booking for ticket sales if on before Calvin but it just seems crazy that Reading might be sharing RHCP with T (BST want them as well), probably Foals with Glastonbury and maybe even T, Disclosure with loads of other festivals. Biffy aren't exclusive so there's nothing stopping it I suppose. Saturday is the only days Foals could possibly play so I'm hoping (but not expecting) them. 

4 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Primal Scream is just purely down to it being Roses and their past support slots for them, as well as them being Scottish of course. It's either that slot or Saturday KT headliner for them I reckon. I can only really think of PS or maybe Faithless out of obvious choices for that slot on the Friday out of who is available, touring and would suit going on before them. I think Faithless would be brilliant before them.

Biffy would be a good booking for ticket sales if on before Calvin but it just seems crazy that Reading might be sharing RHCP with T (BST want them as well), probably Foals with Glastonbury and maybe even T, Disclosure with loads of other festivals. Biffy aren't exclusive so there's nothing stopping it I suppose. Saturday is the only days Foals could possibly play so I'm hoping (but not expecting) them. 

So there definetly going with a dj on the Saturday night on the main stage then?

Just now, DomDom1984 said:

RandL don't tend to care about T bookings, so sharing acts with them won't really register with them. And I can't see Foals or Disclosure doing Glasto or at least any BIG festival now.

I'm not as confident on Disclosure but Foals are down as a SR for Glastonbury and their guitarist has said to at least one fan that they're playing there so I reckon it'll happen. Don't think Foals will do T though as I doubt they'd want to do 4 days in a row.

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

RandL don't tend to care about T bookings, so sharing acts with them won't really register with them. And I can't see Foals or Disclosure doing Glasto or at least any BIG festival now.

Foals aren't exclusive are they? I'm sure Glastonbury will have them booked this year, they tried last year for the Florence sub. I am sort of coming around to the thought that it might be Biffy doing that slot mind. It does make sense.

4 minutes ago, Lor1 said:

So there definetly going with a dj on the Saturday night on the main stage then?

Calvin's break in date's make it seem so obvious. I haven't been since 2012 but from stuff I've seen on TV the DJ seems to go down really well with the 'whoops there it is' crowd.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm not as confident on Disclosure but Foals are down as a SR for Glastonbury and their guitarist has said to at least one fan that they're playing there so I reckon it'll happen. Don't think Foals will do T though as I doubt they'd want to do 4 days in a row.

That's one of the other things that makes it doubtful, although I think they are doing 4 in a row during their tour, and the 4th day would be in Paris i think so not impossible.

2 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

That's one of the other things that makes it doubtful, although I think they are doing 4 in a row during their tour, and the 4th day would be in Paris i think so not impossible.

Good point, I thought they wouldn't want to do 4 in a row given Yannis was having some problems with his voice at the start of the tour but right enough they're doing 4 in a row later this month. Still don't think it'll happen but can't rule it out.

6 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Is it true that the tickets are going on sale at 5pm on the Thursday, the exact same time the lineup is announced? I'm sure I read  that somewhere. Seems an unusual move to me.

They sent an email round this morning with this video which says they're on sale at 5pm on the Thursday

Also in the email is a competition for something and the question is which of The Stone Roses, Courteeners or The 1975 are not from Manchester. I might be wrong but are all three of them not from Manchester? :lol:

16 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Huh? They haven't even been announced so how do you know they aren't exclusive? Unless you meant to say someone else.

They said in an interview they're doing a few UK festivals, so they can't be exclusive.

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

They sent an email round this morning with this video which says they're on sale at 5pm on the Thursday

Also in the email is a competition for something and the question is which of The Stone Roses, Courteeners or The 1975 are not from Manchester. I might be wrong but are all three of them not from Manchester? :lol:

I cringe at all communication from T on social media. They have got idiot's running their communication with customers. I can't take them seriously.

Are they hoping people refresh at 5pm and are so amazed by the lineup that they all rush to Ticketmaster?