crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

No mentions of exclusives or anything for Foals when they were announced for R/L this morning. They're playing NOS and BBK on 7th and 8th of July, could be at T to play the lower co-headline slot on Saturday the 9th, or appear as sub/R1 headliner on Sunday perhaps.

I was just coming to post exactly this. The only thing is I think they're playing in France on the 10th, so that would make it 4 nights on the trot. It is a possibility though I suppose if they really wanted to do it, and the 'co-headline' slot would be perfect for them. I hope they do that slot if they play anyway.

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The press release says "8 exclusives announced so far" - tho it doesn't detail who and what.

I see. Well Chilis were meant to be one. Weren't Eagles of Death Metal, Imagine Dragons, Two Door and Parkway Drive all meant to be an exclusive in some or other? Still leaves 3, Foals could well be one I guess.

Just now, harryomatic said:

I see. Well Chilis were meant to be one. Weren't Eagles of Death Metal, Imagine Dragons, Two Door and Parkway Drive all meant to be an exclusive in some or other? Still leaves 3, Foals could well be one I guess.

Personally I've not looked at who the exclusives are.

But the eight I just quoted was in the press release we got embargo'd yesterday ... but the one we've just received has changed to be seven.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eagles of Death Metal, Imagine Dragons, Two Door Cinema Club, Fetty Wap, Parkway Drive and The Internet are the exclusives i've seen listed. i reckon Foals will be at TITP for sure

Foals defo aren't one of the acts being claimed as an exclusive, tho them doing T might only be guessed at - cos if they were doing just T and R/L, R/L would have claimed them as an 'english exclusive' (as that's what they do).

So it seems pretty clear that Foals will play another festival in England (Glasto seems by far the most obvious), which probably does mean something in Scotland too.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Personally I've not looked at who the exclusives are.

But the eight I just quoted was in the press release we got embargo'd yesterday ... but the one we've just received has changed to be seven.

The change could be Two Door as they were announced for Belladrum yesterday. All depends on the type of exclusives they are claiming it be it ie London, England & Wales, Scotland, UK etc

23 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

so it's looking like TSR, Foals and Calvin as the headliners?

That was hard to type, I really do feel for anyone who has already paid for t tickets

i imagine Foals would player lower than headliner at TITP, so RHCP are your other headliner (if we're going to believe the guy who said that and they they're not actually a Reading/Leeds exclusive)

I feel more worried for people who only concentrate on main stage headliners at festivals. I never had any hope that the other main stage headliners were going to be good this year other than Roses, so if it was Foals on the Saturday before the dance slot then that would be a very nice boost. If the rumour of LCD Soundsystem on the Saturday is true, and New Order play the Sunday then that is a nice set of options to have, without taking into consideration the other headliners we know of. You're never gonna get a great overall lineup at T. Looking elsewhere though, IOW and Readings headliners are hardly impressive so far are they?

Aye but we only know SR for definite then possibly Calvin/Foals and probably RHCP. There's still R1 and KT. Good chances of New Order, Primal Scream, LCD Soundsystem, possibly even Chemical Brothers.

Calvin Harris' schedule for his new DJ residency in Las Vegas from now until September.

http://omnianightclub.com/artist/calvin-harris/?utm_source=social-share-calvinharris&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=OMNIA-LV-Social#

Takes a weekend off once every couple of months. One of which is conveniently the weekend of T in the Park...

16 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Calvin Harris' schedule for his new DJ residency in Las Vegas from now until September.

http://omnianightclub.com/artist/calvin-harris/?utm_source=social-share-calvinharris&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=OMNIA-LV-Social#

Takes a weekend off once every couple of months. One of which is conveniently the weekend of T in the Park...

Brutal

19 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

so superstar DJs are now fat-Elvis?

This is the point that we should pause for a minute and realise we're all getting older. :P

4 hours ago, Neil Shaw said:

From Castlefield Bowl I'd like to see New Order, Last Shadow Puppets and Guy Garvey at T.

Yes please.

Last Shadow Puppets are doing the Sunday at Castlefield,. Possible that Last Shadow Puppets could headline King Tuts on the Saturday against Calvin? They would probably get a good crowd anyway but especially if they're up against Calvin, for the people who don't want that type of music. I didn't really think they would headline before, but the hype seems to be building up about their return. They could only really do the Saturday if they did headline, because they won't go up against Roses.

Would there be any chance that New Order would be Radio 1 headliners this time if they play? I would prefer King Tuts because they were brilliant in there last time, but they've got the Other slot at Glastonbury and the new album has got great reviews, so they're in a very good place. Wherever they play, its obviously the Sunday they would be doing.

I really want Foals to play, but I'm not very confident. I'm slightly more optimistic than I was a few days ago though with them having the Saturday of T free and playing in France on the Sunday. That really could only be before the DJ slot or headlining R1 though.

You could be right. I would love it if it did happen though. Possible 3rd top on the Friday main? Not sure if they'd get a slot quite as high as subbing Roses. The only thing is I've been thinking Courteeners will get the 3rd top slot on the Friday.