FRI
MAIN: 
The Stone Roses, Faithless, Courteeners, Jess Glynne, Frightened Rabbit
RADIO 1: Disclosure, Bastille, Example, Happy Mondays, Circa Waves
TUTS: Steve Angello, London Gramar, Gorgon City, Hurts

SAT
MAIN: 
Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Chvrches, Sia, Kaiser Chiefs, The View
RADIO 1: Jake Bugg, Two Door Cinema Club, The Maccabees, Hannah Wants, Slaves, Daughter
TUTS: Primal Scream, Jamie XX, Editors, Metronomy, Ocean Colour Scene

SUN
MAIN: 
Biffy Clyro, The 1975, Last Shadow Puppets, Catfish & the Bottlemen, John Newman, Nina Nesbitt
RADIO 1: Chemical Brothers, Major Lazer, Haim, Halsey, Jack Garratt, Miike Snow, The Enemy
TUTS: Years & Years, Wolf Alice, Skepta, Father John Misty, Savages

Probably the most realstic, recent at least prediction. The Maccabees may be up on though and The 1975 could play one down from that.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno if I could personally see both Calv and Biffy headline the same year again; I know a two year repeat isn't really ever gonna be out of the question but two of 'em doing it would be a little odd. Also, I don't necessarily think that Saturday will have 'coheadliners' but I think there'll be someone there that they can market as something more than a 'sub', a little like Paolo Nutini being a special guest kind of thing - Disclosure would make most sense for that so just a shuffle around there. Another thing, didn't Steve Angello headline R1 on his last appearance? Because dropping to King Tuts would be a bit weird after that, unless his career has taken a downward turn - I don't have a clue who he is tbh.

I don't often follow random rumours and stuff and I'm always ready to rhumble but the geezer saying he'd heard Roses/Calvin/Chilis and then someone compelled to post for the first time in half a year to verify it makes me think there might be something to it.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno if I could personally see both Calv and Biffy headline the same year again; I know a two year repeat isn't really ever gonna be out of the question but two of 'em doing it would be a little odd. Also, I don't necessarily think that Saturday will have 'coheadliners' but I think there'll be someone there that they can market as something more than a 'sub', a little like Paolo Nutini being a special guest kind of thing - Disclosure would make most sense for that so just a shuffle around there. Another thing, didn't Steve Angello headline R1 on his last appearance? Because dropping to King Tuts would be a bit weird after that, unless his career has taken a downward turn - I don't have a clue who he is tbh.

I don't often follow random rumours and stuff and I'm always ready to rhumble but the geezer saying he'd heard Roses/Calvin/Chilis and then someone compelled to post for the first time in half a year to verify it makes me think there might be something to it.

I think they'd get away with the two year repeat thing given Calvin's a big ticket seller and they've already got The Stone Roses, to be honest I'd forgotten both Biffy and Calvin headlined the same year when I was making it which says a lot. Yeah that's a good shout on Disclosure actually, I agree they might look for a bigger sub for that day and they're the one of the few acts around who fit that. I thought Steve Angello subbed Radio 1 last time he played and he didn't play last year so just put him in as the token dance headliner for Tuts but just checked and you're right in that he headlined Radio 1.

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I think they'd get away with the two year repeat thing given Calvin's a big ticket seller and they've already got The Stone Roses, to be honest I'd forgotten both Biffy and Calvin headlined the same year when I was making it which says a lot. Yeah that's a good shout on Disclosure actually, I agree they might look for a bigger sub for that day and they're the one of the few acts around who fit that. I thought Steve Angello subbed Radio 1 last time he played and he didn't play last year so just put him in as the token dance headliner for Tuts but just checked and you're right in that he headlined Radio 1.

Steve Angello's position got moved due to a pullout. He was never originally billed as Radio 1 header, infact I think it was Tuts header and it didn't go down well that instead of maybe bumping the Radio 1 sub they moved a Tuts act over.

I'm pretty sure Angello was always billed as R1 headliner. Pixies were always meant to headline Tuts that night. On the original line up poster for 2014 on Friday, the names go: Biffy, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Bastille, Pixies, Steve Angello, Alesso etc etc. The only switch that occurred was Bastille and Imagine Dragons, but they were both on main stage.

22 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

I'm pretty sure Angello was always billed as R1 headliner. Pixies were always meant to headline Tuts that night. On the original line up poster for 2014 on Friday, the names go: Biffy, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Bastille, Pixies, Steve Angello, Alesso etc etc. The only switch that occurred was Bastille and Imagine Dragons, but they were both on main stage.

Nah he defo wasn't, what I think happened actuallt, it wasn't a Tuts move, it was just a Radio 1 header above them as I remember him subbing and people wanted a replacement rather than a bump up.

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Nah he defo wasn't, what I think happened actuallt, it wasn't a Tuts move, it was just a Radio 1 header above them as I remember him subbing and people wanted a replacement rather than a bump up.

T's first full line up announcement for 2014:

T's first post with this line up format:

At no point was there someone above Steve Angello for R1

21 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

At the moment I'm thinking something like this

FRI
MAIN: 
The Stone Roses, Faithless, Courteeners, Jess Glynne, Frightened Rabbit
RADIO 1: Disclosure, Bastille, Example, Happy Mondays, Circa Waves
TUTS: Steve Angello, London Gramar, Gorgon City, Hurts

SAT
MAIN: 
Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Chvrches, Sia, Kaiser Chiefs, The View
RADIO 1: Jake Bugg, Two Door Cinema Club, The Maccabees, Hannah Wants, Slaves, Daughter
TUTS: Primal Scream, Jamie XX, Editors, Metronomy, Ocean Colour Scene

SUN
MAIN: 
Biffy Clyro, The 1975, Last Shadow Puppets, Catfish & the Bottlemen, John Newman, Nina Nesbitt
RADIO 1: Chemical Brothers, Major Lazer, Haim, Halsey, Jack Garratt, Miike Snow, The Enemy
TUTS: Years & Years, Wolf Alice, Skepta, Father John Misty, Savages

pretty spot on prediction for me there. Would maybe add Foals in the mix that would be about it. 

15 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Steve Angello's position got moved due to a pullout. He was never originally billed as Radio 1 header, infact I think it was Tuts header and it didn't go down well that instead of maybe bumping the Radio 1 sub they moved a Tuts act over.

That was at v not t. 

On 23/01/2016 at 9:35 PM, Alan_C said:

RHCP are playing in Russia on the Saturday so the Sunday is the only day possible. I really can't see them doing T the next day. It is possible but doubtful.

don't forget there'll be something like a 5 hour time-zone benefit to their travelling, making it easier than it first appears to be.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I've just taken the trouble to read it, and I see you're talking cock as normal. :rolleyes:

How it is cock? The R&L information on efestivals for RHCP playing states a UK Festivals Exclusive, the writing is there.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/151204b.shtml

Edited by thewayiam

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

How come?

They were never booked at their powers before, they played the slam tent about 10 years ago when LCD Soundsystem was released and never played again. They are only going to play a couple of uk shows it seems, one of them isn't going to be TITP. With the punters that attend TITP nowadays, it would be a massive who? sort of booking, not going to happen

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They were never booked at their powers before, they played the slam tent about 10 years ago when LCD Soundsystem was released and never played again. They are only going to play a couple of uk shows it seems, one of them isn't going to be TITP. With the punters that attend TITP nowadays, it would be a massive who? sort of booking, not going to happen

They have that sort of booking every year and LCD playing this year wouldn't raise many eyebrows at all, especially as an alternative to Calvin Harris as it would seem to be. If man is gonna be right about RHCP (remains to be seen, obviously) then I can't see LCD and Calvin being wrong at the same time.

The SR, RHCP and Calvin line up would be perfect for 'a bit of everything' in terms of headliners: you'll get your bams along for CH, your mainstream rock fans for RHCP and it's the only SR Scottish date atm for their fans. If this is the line up I personally think slightly more tickets will be sold than in the last few years. Please note, I don't think it will sell out!

53 minutes ago, crowie said:

LCD are headlining Radio 1 on Saturday night. 

What's your oh so reliable source then? I don't and won't believe it until I see it 

Its a bastard if happens, I said last year would be my last ever TITP, and I'd have to go for a day to see LCD, but that won't happen so I'm still retired 

Edited by Mezhyp1

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

What's your oh so reliable source then? I don't and won't believe it until I see it 

Its a bastard if happens, I said last year would be my last ever TITP, and I'd have to go for a day to see LCD, but that won't happen so I'm still retired 

I don't think it's that strange a booking tbh. Sure, I wouldn't have expected them but as dentalplan said T always have these type of bookings and I'm sure they'll get a reasonable sized crowd.