T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

Don't know how reliable this is (told by a mate who was told by a mate who was told by a mate etc) but supposedly the headliners are Roses, Calvin and Red Hot Chilli Peppers, with LCD soundsystem playing somewhere on the Saturday as well

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, irm96 said:

Don't know how reliable this is (told by a mate who was told by a mate who was told by a mate etc) but supposedly the headliners are Roses, Calvin and Red Hot Chilli Peppers, with LCD soundsystem playing somewhere on the Saturday as well

RHCP are a UK exclusive at Reading I think

5 hours ago, irm96 said:

Its reliable.

1 hour ago, CAMF111 said:

But would LCD Soundsystem really headline cochlea and co-healine T...?

They would be a radio 1/king tuts headliner at T

Not sure what to think of Roses, Chillis and Harris. Very much possible and big enough, just not at all inspiring, hopefully a decent undercard

Edited by Chiefski

6 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Not sure if this link has been posted before.

Perth and Kinross Council Review of T in the Park 2015

http://www.pkc.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=34209&p=0

• Noise the entertainment noise controls in place resulted in very few noise complaints

That alone should have the mug who thought strathallan is a good site a kick in the nads.

The fair was louder than slam :(

I'd be happy with Calvin and Chillis as the other two headliners. LCD Soundsystem would be a good booking, but for some reason I don't see T going in for them.

Stone Roses
Jake Bugg
Kendrick Lamar
Courteeners

Disclosure
The Weeknd

Chvrches
Jungle
---
Calvin Harris
Faithless
Ellie Goulding
The 1975

Royal Blood
Catfish & the Bottlemen

New Order
Bloc Party
---
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
LCD Soundsystem
Bastille
Last Shadow Puppets

Chemical Brothers
Major Lazer

Years & Years
Mogwai

1 hour ago, harryomatic said:

I'd be happy with Calvin and Chillis as the other two headliners. LCD Soundsystem would be a good booking, but for some reason I don't see T going in for them.

Stone Roses
Jake Bugg
Kendrick Lamar
Courteeners

Disclosure
The Weeknd

Chvrches
Jungle
---
Calvin Harris
Faithless
Ellie Goulding
The 1975

Royal Blood
Catfish & the Bottlemen

New Order
Bloc Party
---
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
LCD Soundsystem
Bastille
Last Shadow Puppets

Chemical Brothers
Major Lazer

Years & Years
Mogwai

Kendrick would sub, The Weeknd would headline that stage probably, Ellie isn't playing 3rd down again, Royal Blood would be lower, LCD would probably be closing a stage that isn't main, Major Lazer could probably headline that outright. The rest okay but too strong for T nowadays.

49 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Kendrick would sub, The Weeknd would headline that stage probably, Ellie isn't playing 3rd down again, Royal Blood would be lower, LCD would probably be closing a stage that isn't main, Major Lazer could probably headline that outright. The rest okay but too strong for T nowadays.

Would he really though? He's headlining Longitude this year. Their headline acts in recent years are more often than not lower than sub level at T. 2015: Hozier, Alt-J, Chemical Brothers. Hozier was 4th down main stage, Alt-J were second down on R1. 2014: Ben Howard, Disclosure, Massive Attack. Ben Howard headlined Tuts. Disclosure headlined R1. 2013: Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Kraftwerk. Phoenix were 2nd down in Tuts, Kraftwerk headlined Tuts. The evidence clearly suggests that the acts headlining Longitude are not sub sized acts at T. Yes, he subbed R&L last year, but so did Alt-J and BMTH, neither of which would be big enough to sub T.

The Weeknd could probably be higher, don't know much about him to be honest.

Ellie in that line-up should be below the 2 co-headliners so she would technically be a sub. However I couldn't think of a co-headliner so just popped Faithless in. I agree she's subbing on a normal day, but third down on a co-headline day. 

Royal Blood I think once album 2 comes out will be huge, and will be able to fill that slot, especially as the rock alternative to Calvin on main stage.

LCD Soundsystem could probably headline R1 yeah, but the only sensible slot would be against Calvin, and as they have strong electronic elements in their music, I thought it best not to put them against another electronic act. Hence, subbing being the only other available slot, and I think it would work well, much like Pulp in 2011.

Major Lazer are in a similar boat to Kendrick Lamar. Headlining Longitude, so could maybe headline R1, but wouldn't be a shock for them not to. Maybe a Tuts headliner.

Apologies for the essay length post, but hopefully that justifies my selections.

13 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Would he really though? He's headlining Longitude this year. Their headline acts in recent years are more often than not lower than sub level at T. 2015: Hozier, Alt-J, Chemical Brothers. Hozier was 4th down main stage, Alt-J were second down on R1. 2014: Ben Howard, Disclosure, Massive Attack. Ben Howard headlined Tuts. Disclosure headlined R1. 2013: Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Kraftwerk. Phoenix were 2nd down in Tuts, Kraftwerk headlined Tuts. The evidence clearly suggests that the acts headlining Longitude are not sub sized acts at T. Yes, he subbed R&L last year, but so did Alt-J and BMTH, neither of which would be big enough to sub T.

LCD Soundsystem could probably headline R1 yeah, but the only sensible slot would be against Calvin, and as they have strong electronic elements in their music, I thought it best not to put them against another electronic act. Hence, subbing being the only other available slot, and I think it would work well, much like Pulp in 2011..

I agree with all of your post apart from these bits. Kendrick was 4th down when he played in 2013 and is clearly a much bigger deal now, so subbing seems the obvious slot for him. 

While LCD Soundsystem have an electronic side to them there will hardly be any crossover between them and Calvin so I don't think putting LCD Soundsystem as Radio 1 headliners against him would be a bad idea at all.

Also I agree that Royal Blood aren't too low where you put them however I doubt they'll be around this summer as I imagine we'd have seen them on one of the already announced lineups either in Europe or America. I still think they'll release their album later in the year and then headline R&L on an exclusive in 2017.

19 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they're an 'English exclusive', which would give them room to play T.

15 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Even your own write up for it was UK Exclusive though.

The reading/leeds press release reads -  Taking to the main stage for what promises to be a phenomenal headline set as a FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE, Red Hot Chili Peppers.....

Edited by craigb

1 hour ago, harryomatic said:

The Weeknd could probably be higher, don't know much about him to be honest.

Ellie in that line-up should be below the 2 co-headliners so she would technically be a sub. However I couldn't think of a co-headliner so just popped Faithless in. I agree she's subbing on a normal day, but third down on a co-headline day. 

Royal Blood I think once album 2 comes out will be huge, and will be able to fill that slot, especially as the rock alternative to Calvin on main stage.

LCD Soundsystem could probably headline R1 yeah, but the only sensible slot would be against Calvin, and as they have strong electronic elements in their music, I thought it best not to put them against another electronic act. Hence, subbing being the only other available slot, and I think it would work well, much like Pulp in 2011.

Major Lazer are in a similar boat to Kendrick Lamar. Headlining Longitude, so could maybe headline R1, but wouldn't be a shock for them not to. Maybe a Tuts headliner.

Apologies for the essay length post, but hopefully that justifies my selections.

I doubt Faithless are going to co-headline T, they would sub it yes. Don't forget IOW have had headline and co-headline dance acts that only sub/headline 2nd stage at most major UK festivals, Download being an excption for The Prodigy as Van Halen fucked them over again.

31 minutes ago, craigb said:

The reading/leeds press release reads -  Taking to the main stage for what promises to be a phenomenal headline set as a FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE, Red Hot Chili Peppers.....

That festival exclusive could well mean generally, it doesn't state English and R&L are usually very clear if they're headers are English only. They didn't have The Libs as any exclusive due to T, Mumford was as they were and Metallica was as they were.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I agree with all of your post apart from these bits. Kendrick was 4th down when he played in 2013 and is clearly a much bigger deal now, so subbing seems the obvious slot for him. 

While LCD Soundsystem have an electronic side to them there will hardly be any crossover between them and Calvin so I don't think putting LCD Soundsystem as Radio 1 headliners against him would be a bad idea at all.

Also I agree that Royal Blood aren't too low where you put them however I doubt they'll be around this summer as I imagine we'd have seen them on one of the already announced lineups either in Europe or America. I still think they'll release their album later in the year and then headline R&L on an exclusive in 2017.

Yeah but he was also 2nd bottom. It was when the Friday still only had about 5 acts per stage. Makes it a bit trickier to judge the size of the slot.

I'll be gutted if there's no Royal Blood.

Stone Roses
Chase and status
Jess Glynne
Courteeners

Steve Angello
Royal blood

Chvrches
The editors

Calvin Harris/Disclosure
Faithless
Ellie Goulding
The specials

Madness
Bastille

New Order
Bloc Party

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
LCD Soundsystem
Primal scream
Alabama shakes

Chemical Brothers
Major Lazer

Years & Years
Little mix :)

Edited by Lor1

At the moment I'm thinking something like this

FRI
MAIN: 
The Stone Roses, Faithless, Courteeners, Jess Glynne, Frightened Rabbit
RADIO 1: Disclosure, Bastille, Example, Happy Mondays, Circa Waves
TUTS: Steve Angello, London Gramar, Gorgon City, Hurts

SAT
MAIN: 
Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Chvrches, Sia, Kaiser Chiefs, The View
RADIO 1: Jake Bugg, Two Door Cinema Club, The Maccabees, Hannah Wants, Slaves, Daughter
TUTS: Primal Scream, Jamie XX, Editors, Metronomy, Ocean Colour Scene

SUN
MAIN: 
Biffy Clyro, The 1975, Last Shadow Puppets, Catfish & the Bottlemen, John Newman, Nina Nesbitt
RADIO 1: Chemical Brothers, Major Lazer, Haim, Halsey, Jack Garratt, Miike Snow, The Enemy
TUTS: Years & Years, Wolf Alice, Skepta, Father John Misty, Savages