T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

4 minutes ago, TheHiddenPassenger said:

I think it's more to do with the fact they drag out the lineup to build hype and then only announce a couple shite bands and expect folk to be cool with it. If they did it in bulks of maybe 8-10 acts every now and then I'd be okay with it but bigging up these announcements one by one just increases the disappointment.

True. They were quite strange names to announce really, if they were hoping for a boost in ticket sales. They're obviously gonna have much bigger/better to announce, so it would have made sense to at least drop a couple of more.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be genuinely pissed off if New Order don't play. Seen them headline King Tuts in 2012 and they were brilliant, they've got a top new album, and they offer a great alternative headliner to people who aren't interested in the likely shite that will be on the main stage. I think they will play mind.

Probably yeah. If you think of Twin Atlantic, they did a successful academy tour in 2014, then played the Hydro and a big London show in spring 2015, then headlined the R1 stage at T this year, all on their 2nd album. Chvrches have released their 2nd album, are playing an academy tour now and have announced hydro and London for Spring next year. Its an uncannily similar path

See there's still day tickets available for stone roses day. That's got to worrying from a sales perspective.  I'd have thought after the mad scramble for the manchester gigs, the tickets for Friday would have sold well. Maybe folks  from this year who said they won't return are sticking to their guns. 

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

See there's still day tickets available for stone roses day. That's got to worrying from a sales perspective.  I'd have thought after the mad scramble for the manchester gigs, the tickets for Friday would have sold well. Maybe folks  from this year who said they won't return are sticking to their guns. 

A group of about 30 of us went last year and I don't think there is any going next year. When it comes around a few always change there minds but will be no where near the 30+ that has been going over the past 6/7 years. That is down to the venue and the crowd that was in attendance last year.

18 minutes ago, Shanks18 said:

A group of about 30 of us went last year and I don't think there is any going next year. When it comes around a few always change there minds but will be no where near the 30+ that has been going over the past 6/7 years. That is down to the venue and the crowd that was in attendance last year.

Have to agree. Group I went with were only going out of habit. Line ups for us were deteriorating and change of venue sealed it. I didn't go and after the horror stories I'm glad I didn't. Certainly won't be back. Some of us went to Rock Werchter this year and it was fabulous 

2 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Probably yeah. If you think of Twin Atlantic, they did a successful academy tour in 2014, then played the Hydro and a big London show in spring 2015, then headlined the R1 stage at T this year, all on their 2nd album. Chvrches have released their 2nd album, are playing an academy tour now and have announced hydro and London for Spring next year. Its an uncannily similar path

My guess would be Radio 1 sub but heading it isn't out of the question given they've already given Disclosure that slot as well.

20 hours ago, Alan_C said:

I will be genuinely pissed off if New Order don't play. Seen them headline King Tuts in 2012 and they were brilliant, they've got a top new album, and they offer a great alternative headliner to people who aren't interested in the likely shite that will be on the main stage. I think they will play mind.

One of the best sets I've ever seen at T