T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like we're giving T a miss this year. The venue last year was a joke and the prices are extortionate. Heading over to Dublin to see the Roses on the 9th July. Can get return flights for cheaper than the bus to T.  Whole weekend all in looks like it will cost us less than a ticket to T alone.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I think they're more likely to do a night at Glasgow Summer Sessions if that happens again but yeah, wouldn't be too much of a shock if they headline again.

I think Biffy will probably do a few BIG headline shows next year (Glasgow Green/Murrayfield and a Wembley date I reckon) but won't do festivals. Would be a shock to see them at T again.

15 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Ooh I was thinking it was 2013 that Biffy headlined. A 2 year return would be shite, but Kasabian did it (2010 and 2012) and Calvin Harris would be a 2 year repeat as well. But as I say, I'm not expecting Biffy anyway.

I think 2017 will be a year that Biffy do Reading and T, T will probably need them by then as they seem to nees most of their headers by the 3 year mark and Reading won't think twice about it, next year too early though. 

FRIDAY
Stone Roses
Jake Bugg
Royal Blood
The Courteeners

Disclosure
Martin Garrix

Chvrches
Bloc Party

SATURDAY
Calvin Harris
Florence + The Machine
Ellie Golding
Catfish & The Bottlemen

Foals
Frightened Rabbit

Duran Duran / New Order
The Charlatans

SUNDAY
Coldplay
Bastille
The 1975 or someone else
John Newman

Deadmau5
The Weeknd

Nero
Mogwai

Thoughts?

You are probably not too far away with some of that. Jake Bugg might be relegated to third down on the main stage now though (popularity seems to have slightly dipped), or maybe he might play higher on another stage. Faithless are a fair shout to sub the Friday or Sunday I would say. Can only see Foals maybe doing the Saturday before a DJ if it doesn't turn out to be Florence. Duran Duran are a great shout actually. Last Shadow Puppets would play somewhere I'm guessing, although I'm not sure at what level they would be on the lineup. I am hoping Suede play, but I have no idea where they would be at T. Would depress me a bit if they were put early on the main stage watched by a small audience. Maybe 6-7pm King Tuts ?

3 hours ago, Alan_C said:

You are probably not too far away with some of that. Jake Bugg might be relegated to third down on the main stage now though (popularity seems to have slightly dipped), or maybe he might play higher on another stage. Faithless are a fair shout to sub the Friday or Sunday I would say. Can only see Foals maybe doing the Saturday before a DJ if it doesn't turn out to be Florence. Duran Duran are a great shout actually. Last Shadow Puppets would play somewhere I'm guessing, although I'm not sure at what level they would be on the lineup. I am hoping Suede play, but I have no idea where they would be at T. Would depress me a bit if they were put early on the main stage watched by a small audience. Maybe 6-7pm King Tuts ?

Possibly the slot Travis had a few years back

FRI
MAIN: The Stone Roses, Snow Patrol, Years & Years, Two Door Cinema Club, John Newman, The View
RADIO 1: Disclosure, Bloc Party, The Maccabees, Hannah Wants, Band of Skulls
TUTS: Major Lazer, London Grammar, Skepta, Ocean Colour Scene, Temples

SAT
MAIN: Calvin Harris, Florence + the Machine, The 1975, Rita Ora, Frightened Rabbit, Amy MacDonald
RADIO 1: Jake Bugg, Kaiser Chiefs, Haim, Happy Mondays, Circa Waves, Daughter
TUTS: New Order, Wolf Alice, The Enemy, Metronomy

SUN
MAIN: Mumford & Sons, Ellie Goulding, Bastille, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Jess Glynne
RADIO 1: Chase & Status, Chvrches, Example, The Lumineers, Phoenix, Slaves
TUTS: Knife Party, FFS, Editors, Hurts

15 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
MAIN: The Stone Roses, Snow Patrol, Years & Years, Two Door Cinema Club, John Newman, The View
RADIO 1: Disclosure, Bloc Party, The Maccabees, Hannah Wants, Band of Skulls
TUTS: Major Lazer, London Grammar, Skepta, Ocean Colour Scene, Temples

SAT
MAIN: Calvin Harris, Florence + the Machine, The 1975, Rita Ora, Frightened Rabbit, Amy MacDonald
RADIO 1: Jake Bugg, Kaiser Chiefs, Haim, Happy Mondays, Circa Waves, Daughter
TUTS: New Order, Wolf Alice, The Enemy, Metronomy

SUN
MAIN: Mumford & Sons, Ellie Goulding, Bastille, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Jess Glynne
RADIO 1: Chase & Status, Chvrches, Example, The Lumineers, Phoenix, Slaves
TUTS: Knife Party, FFS, Editors, Hurts

That line up would make me buy a ticket tommorow.

Btw happy Mondays were brilliant last night they have to headline tuts.

If Happy Mondays play I will not be missing that. Headline King Tuts? I would feel a right dirty bastard going to see Roses, New Order and Mondays as my three headliners in 2016! Would bloody enjoy it though! Would obviously prefer Mondays to play a bit lower, and another headliner I fancy on one of the nights.

22 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Biffy Clyro will do Reading, Leeds and Summer Sessions. That'd be my best guess. There seems to be this utter bullshit myth that it's too soon for them to do Reading and Leeds again. The only thing that'd stop it happening is not having a new album by that point.

I can't be sure, but I don't think they're doing R/L next year. I've had nothing to suggest them, and other stuff that suggests it's not them.

32 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Biffy Clyro will do Reading, Leeds and Summer Sessions. That'd be my best guess. There seems to be this utter bullshit myth that it's too soon for them to do Reading and Leeds again. The only thing that'd stop it happening is not having a new album by that point.

I feel him below is a lot closer. While you are correct, there is something stopping the festival making too soon of a repeat booking and not keeping it as fresh as possible, which is where waiting another year to book Biffy Clyro comes in.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I can't be sure, but I don't think they're doing R/L next year. I've had nothing to suggest them, and other stuff that suggests it's not them.

19 hours ago, devilman said:

Mondays played in 2012 and it was fantastic. Apart from there only being about 20 of us there for it. It was a shame. Still had a great time . It got busy towards the end when teh plebs that were arriving to see Licki Minge turned up.

Mondays were superb in 2012

we left to go and see elbow after then and had to fight through thousands heading to see nicki minage, that's when we knew the festival was totally changing, demographic wise, elbow had such a small crowd on the main stage it was embarrassing. They were still fantastic though