T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

Blur had been listed on that page since shortly after this year's T, but the rumour's page had been turned off (I'm not sure why, I didn't do it).

When the rumours page was turned back on, Blur re-appeared. So I checked with Scott about why it was there, he checked back with the source about whether it was still likely, and was told 'no' - so it was removed.

It's not something to get excited about.

ah ok, cheers for the clarification Neil

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are all Friday day tickets going on sale Friday or is it like weekend tickets where they go on sale in batches?

Don't fancy camping after last year but want to go for the Roses but with both Etihad gigs on sale at the same time I can't afford it yet, was hoping more would go on sale February time?

Are all Friday day tickets going on sale Friday or is it like weekend tickets where they go on sale in batches?

Don't fancy camping after last year but want to go for the Roses but with both Etihad gigs on sale at the same time I can't afford it yet, was hoping more would go on sale February time?

Reckons it's limited so yeah it'll be a batch thing if that's right.

I might be tempted it I could be sure of a decent lineup elsewhere, but last year was horrendous. Haven't been back since 2012.

it's my worry too

the line up the last time the roses played was terrible, bought tickets thinking it would be a sell out and was so disappointed on the line up reveal day. Roses were great! New order were the band of the weekend for me though

it's my worry too

the line up the last time the roses played was terrible, bought tickets thinking it would be a sell out and was so disappointed on the line up reveal day. Roses were great! New order were the band of the weekend for me though

The Roses and New Order was fucking fantastic and made the effort worthwhile, but TITP is not good enough as a festival to spend hundreds of pounds with a mostly shit lineup. I would have thought New Order are a decent shout again this year, and I certainly wouldn't complaint about seeing them again either with their new album which I love. It's the shit that makes up 80% of the lineup I worry about.

Just looking at Ticketmaster and they're all types of tickets on sale on Friday. Does this mean more of the lineup will be revealed this week? They always reveal stuff early now don't they due to them not selling out?

Just looking at Ticketmaster and they're all types of tickets on sale on Friday. Does this mean more of the lineup will be revealed this week? They always reveal stuff early now don't they due to them not selling out?

Only headliners I think - the main lineup thing still comes later on. I think the logic behind the limited amounts of weekend tickets going on sale would be to offload some weekend tickets to people who didn't manage to get an Etihad ticket or a Friday day ticket - also limited in supply.

Only headliners I think - the main lineup thing still comes later on. I think the logic behind the limited amounts of weekend tickets going on sale would be to offload some weekend tickets to people who didn't manage to get an Etihad ticket or a Friday day ticket - also limited in supply.

So we're expecting the other headers buy the end of this week?

The TITP Twitter feed seem to has some sort of 'personality' now and it's looking to me like there might be a name tonight or tomorrow if you have a look. They're posting loads of lemons and someone has asked for another headliner and they've retweeted asking 'how many lemons you got?'. Reads to me like more is coming anyway.

Nah that ain't what I meant. I mean some headliners come out earlier now like The Libertines and Arctic Monkeys coming at around this point in the last couple of years. Would be surprised to see any more by the end of the week.

Edited by dentalplan

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually contemplating getting a weekend ticket. The prices hotels are in Manchester, I feel I'd be getting better value for money at T. The only problem is the lineup. I'm risking a few hundred quid getting angry the moment I see The Killers and Calvin Harris added to the lineup. I mean headliner wise, after the Roses I can't see much further than The Killers, Coldplay, Florence or Muse. Not that I'd be so bothered about one of them if New Order headlined the King Tuts again.

Can`t see an option now on Ticketmaster to buy a Friday day ticket ? 

The links are up for tomorrow but not for day tickets. Sure it will be sorted by 9.30am. 

on their social media sites it says day tickets are "coming soon" so they are probably coming on sale with the next batch

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually contemplating getting a weekend ticket. The prices hotels are in Manchester, I feel I'd be getting better value for money at T. The only problem is the lineup. I'm risking a few hundred quid getting angry the moment I see The Killers and Calvin Harris added to the lineup. I mean headliner wise, after the Roses I can't see much further than The Killers, Coldplay, Florence or Muse. Not that I'd be so bothered about one of them if New Order headlined the King Tuts again.

Would guess at 2 or 3 of Florence, Calvin and Mumford for the remaining headliners.

I'm expecting that. Calvin doesn't really matter too much because the chances are the late Saturday slot will be someone shite anyway. I could live with Florence or Muse. Mumford and The Killers can bugger off.

Will there be the extended licence again on Saturday? If so we're looking at 4 headliners, as with the past two years we've had Paolo and Calvin and then Libs and Avicii (all worthy headliners) on the Saturday. If so i'll say Florence could be the first Saturday headliner with Calvin (or some DJ) closing Saturday with Muse or Foo's on Sunday

22 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

Will there be the extended licence again on Saturday? If so we're looking at 4 headliners, as with the past two years we've had Paolo and Calvin and then Libs and Avicii (all worthy headliners) on the Saturday. If so i'll say Florence could be the first Saturday headliner with Calvin (or some DJ) closing Saturday with Muse or Foo's on Sunday

Flo and Calvin are very likely to be two of them. Foo's won't be. I'd possibly suggest Coldplay as the Sunday closer, I could seen that happening with them doing that instead of a stadium up there ala The Roses.