T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regardless of what Geoff has said there they are still at Strathallan which has god awful access which would require far too much money to make better, prepare for 3-5 hours of queuing to get out <_<

My opinion titp 2016 won't happen,he knows he's fucked with that site and he will blame it on the rozzers and locals in February.

Total shambles titp is now,well done G E.

Green day

Flo/calvin

Mumfords

Slightly wishful thinking but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility

You wish Calvin Harris,flo and mumfords are headlining...fuck that.

Get the cash out get the roses back for a one off,green day and blur.

No more w*nkstain edm djs who attract every banger in central Scotland.

Most important thing for titp 2016 is the venue,I don't know one person who is going to go back to that shit tip next year.

Edited by Lor1

You wish Calvin Harris,flo and mumfords are headlining...fuck that.

Get the cash out get the roses back for a one off,green day and blur.

No more w*nkstain edm djs who attract every banger in central Scotland.

Most important thing for titp 2016 is the venue,I don't know one person who is going to go back to that shit tip next year.

I bet you the 80k CH ticket buyer will.

Aye but surely there comes a time when even the young uns get bored of seeing him every year.  80,000 is a mythical number to make it look like it's still a major attraction.  

Not sure, it's not as if he hadn't been booked like 5 years running or maybe more and still sold out his move upto closing main stage instantly basically.

It seems like T are trying to primarily attract 16-18yo school goers/leavers nowadays, and they probably aren't old enough to have seen CH enough to be sick of him.

I imagine the fest always have, but like the discussions that sometimes happen on here, the 16-18 yo school leaver listen to and buy into different from what they did when some on here were younger. It's all about edm/raving and dancing for them atm, that is the biggest seller, as apposed to the more rock/indie-rock that has died out a lot since.

Not sure, it's not as if he hadn't been booked like 5 years running or maybe more and still sold out his move upto closing main stage instantly basically.

I have no fucking idea what you are saying as the words make no sense BUT if you are saying they booked him 5 years in a row and it still sold out then you would be wrong. It hasn't sold out since 2011. 

I have no fucking idea what you are saying as the words make no sense BUT if you are saying they booked him 5 years in a row and it still sold out then you would be wrong. It hasn't sold out since 2011. 

Clearly DOES MAKES SENSE, you just choose OTHERWISE! He was booked to headline on his last visit, his day sold out no bother! It's VERY clear! 

I imagined you to argue it though as you don't seem to understand what has happened with music in the last few years, I think you still believe it's 2011.

Clearly DOES MAKES SENSE, you just choose OTHERWISE! He was booked to headline on his last visit, his day sold out no bother! It's VERY clear! 

I imagined you to argue it though as you don't seem to understand what has happened with music in the last few years, I think you still believe it's 2011.

Made absolutely no sense to me either. 

You said '80k CH ticket buyer' and there aren't 80,000 day tickets on sale so you can't blame people for misunderstanding you.

So it seems Red Hot Chilli Peppers are being announced for every European festival under the sun this morning. Anyone think they could appear at T?

My thinking is maybe not. Most dates seem to be in June. Although a massive band, perhaps have lost some of the 'mainstream' appeal of years past, that might make them less appealing to TITP.

Thoughts?

Wouldnt be surprised if RHCP were announced, think their stock has fallen to the point were they are probably just ok headliners than playing thier own stadium shows now, could say the same for Kings Of Leon who havent been in a while either. Flo and Biffy around at that point too.

So in the last survey they sent out Florence wasn't included as a headliner option but in the new one she is if anyone wants to read into that...

Anyway, I went for

Headliners - Radiohead, Florence, Coldplay

Other - QOTSA, Foals, Daughter, Death Cab for Cutie, The National, Sufjan Stevens, LCD Soundsystem, The Maccabees

Tried to keep it to acts who might actually be touring next summer although obviously we'll only get a few of those at most.

So in the last survey they sent out Florence wasn't included as a headliner option but in the new one she is if anyone wants to read into that...

Anyway, I went for

Headliners - Radiohead, Florence, Coldplay

Other - QOTSA, Foals, Daughter, Death Cab for Cutie, The National, Sufjan Stevens, LCD Soundsystem, The Maccabees

Tried to keep it to acts who might actually be touring next summer although obviously we'll only get a few of those at most.

Coldplay are doing a stadium tour and any fest they are likely to do next year in the UK is Glasto due to it being sold out and not really affecting sales. I don't see Radiohead doing T, Mumfords is a far more likely option.

Seems strange they send out a second survey.  First one obviously didn't give results they were looking for

"Oh bugger, Calvin and Mumford havent got enough votes!"

When you compare the 'headliner' list to the other selection, theres 1) some clear names they want picked and are really the most feasible for them 2) some names that would be headliners elsewhere and are not likely at all, but would be nice.

First Category (the headliners that they want or are more likely to be booked)

Biffy Clyro, Calvin Harris, Disclosure, Flo+The Machine, Snow Patrol, The Killers, Kings of Leon, Mumford and Sons, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift (especially if her and Calvin are still a thing then)

thats your basic headline rotation there, with Kasabian not there due to being last year, then maybe Eminem, Rihanna, Robbie Williams if you want to stretch it, any other name on that is special one off

Second Category (acts that could have been on the headliner list)

Aerosmith, Arcade Fire, Depeche Mode, Dr Dre, Drake, Elton John, Kanye West, katy Perry, Kiss, Lady Gaga, Radiohead, Rod Stewart amongst others,

Theres very little logic tbh, they'll have the name they want and probably already booked.

For what its worth, I've picked

Radiohead, Taylor Swift, Bruce Springsteen

Aerosmith, Jack White, Elton John, Florence + The Machine, Faithless, Lana Del Ray, Ryan Adams, Chemical Brothers

no expectations like