Saturday

Main: Calvin Harris, Snow Patrol, Ellie Goulding

R1: Jake Bugg, Chvrches

Tuts: Frightened Rabbit

Sunday

Main: Blur, The 1975, Bastille

R1: Disclosure, New Order

Tuts: Knife Party

About as good an attempt as any there man, I'm not sure Bastille with a new album will settle for just a one place bump up though. Snow Patrol could easily be Coldplay mind, but I'm fairly sure Foo's won't be in the mix.

About as good an attempt as any there man, I'm not sure Bastille with a new album will settle for just a one place bump up though. Snow Patrol could easily be Coldplay mind, but I'm fairly sure Foo's won't be in the mix.

Hmm, I'm not sure Bastille are quite big enough to sub but I guess a new album might change that. I know Matt42's suggested they could headline the Other stage next year which again I'm not convinced by but they're probably a similar size to Rudimental.

Hmm, I'm not sure Bastille are quite big enough to sub but I guess a new album might change that. I know Matt42's suggested they could headline the Other stage next year which again I'm not convinced by but they're probably a similar size to Rudimental.

I'd argue that they're bigger than Rudimental. They're future headliners in my eyes. Subbing on the next album and then making the jump to headline on the 3rd wouldn't shock me.

I reckon Bastille 3rd from top on main is about right. I don't think The 1975 will get to sub level with a new album though. Maybe 3rd//4th down on main, or might make a reasonable Tuts headliner.

Really? I think 3rd down at a push but they'll presumably move up to arenas with the next album, going by how quickly their November Academy tour sold out the demand is certainly there. I can see them subbing T and R&L next year and headlining the Other stage at Glastonbury.

Bastille are 3rd top at the minute at Reading and that's without the new album officially out and taking off. I reckon they are closer to subbing Other next year but either way, Rudimental should not have been given headline, not at all.

Really? I think 3rd down at a push but they'll presumably move up to arenas with the next album, going by how quickly their November Academy tour sold out the demand is certainly there. I can see them subbing T and R&L next year and headlining the Other stage at Glastonbury.

I see The 1975 as 3rd as subbing Other Glasto. The Jamie T role.

I've always thought that Bastille were bigger than The 1975. Guess we'll have to see when the new album comes out, but I'd be surprised and a little disappointed personally if they were that high.

Bastille are 3rd top at the minute at Reading and that's without the new album officially out and taking off. I reckon they are closer to subbing Other next year but either way, Rudimental should not have been given headline, not at all.

I see The 1975 as 3rd as subbing Other Glasto. The Jamie T role.

Maybe, I think they're slightly bigger than Jamie T though.

I've always thought that Bastille were bigger than The 1975. Guess we'll have to see when the new album comes out, but I'd be surprised and a little disappointed personally if they were that high.

Yeah they're probably a similar size but there just seems to be more hype around The 1975. I might be overestimating them a bit but I reckon they could do 3rd down just now and the inevitable hits from their 2nd album will be enough to push them up to subbing.

Considering rudimental got a very big crowd for the other headline, I'd say it's warranted.

How did they let Radio 1 go to the dogs. I love 6music but Radio 1 used to be a decent standard. Think Foals will have a big part to play. Their new track is excellent and this will be their fourth album. The other three have been on the money. They are the great guitar hope. Remember hearing Cassius on George Lamb's 6 show a few years back. Been hooked since then

Foals are incredible. Best live band on the planet when they are in a tent/smaller space IMO. Love all the albums and the new track is massive aswell. Met the band at a SMD DJ set after they played Edinburgh a few years back and they were really nice lads who loved a shot or two! 

Not sure on their plans but TITP are really due a booking of The Horrors! Cancelled the last time 2011? and haven't been back since! 

Calvin Harris has new music being released in the next few days, so that's him confirmed for next year!

Main Stage
Muse
Jake Bugg

Bastille

Haim

R1 Stage

Disclosure

Axwell & Ingrosso

Madeon

Tuts
Imagine Dragons

James Bay
Spiritualized

Main Stage
Calvin Harris

Florence + The Machine
Royal Blood

The 1975

R1 Stage
Foals
Dizze Rascal

Ella Henderson

Tuts
Nero

Razorlight
Jungle

Main Stage

Blur
Emeli Sande or Ellie Goulding

Two Door Cinema Club

Catfish & The Bottlemen

R1 Stage

Deadmau5

Bloc Party

Tuts
Chvrches
Years & Years
Miles Kane

Calvin Harris has new music being released in the next few days, so that's him confirmed for next year!

Main Stage

Muse

Jake Bugg

Bastille

Haim

R1 Stage

Disclosure

Axwell & Ingrosso

Madeon

Tuts

Imagine Dragons

James Bay

Spiritualized

Main Stage

Calvin Harris

Florence + The Machine

Royal Blood

The 1975

R1 Stage

Foals

Dizze Rascal

Ella Henderson

Tuts

Nero

Razorlight

Jungle

Main Stage

Blur

Emeli Sande or Ellie Goulding

Two Door Cinema Club

Catfish & The Bottlemen

R1 Stage

Deadmau5

Bloc Party

Tuts

Chvrches

Years & Years

Miles Kane

Razorlight are not the same size as Years & Years and James Bay anymore

Has anyone seen anything about tickets? Usually out today are they not.

Not seen anything and usually they are advertising it pretty hard about now.

Despite the brave face they have been putting on about the problems I reckon they will be thinking long and hard about wether or not it can go ahead at strathallan again.

I honestly think they should take a year out next year. Would show that they've taken notice of all the negatives that happened and would mean they'd have a lot of time to get their shit sorted. 2 years should be long enough to prove to the fans and the council that they can in fact plan and organise a safe and secure festival with a good lineup. I've heard more people say they wouldn't return next year if it's at Strathallan than folk who would attend, so the ticket sales (if it were to go ahead) would be diabolical.

They need to downsize a bit, maybe take it down to 60,000 capacity and take a good look at stage setups and lineup placements. Also there are too many pointless fairground rides in the arena, that shitey Ghost Train took up a lot space which could've been used for more space to move about. Too many times there were people caught in a crush going back and forth from stages, and I think it's ridiculous having an alternating dance act then rock act then dance act again (e.g Afrojack > War on Drugs > David Guetta) as it means the sound guys have to keep changing the way the sound is (it constantly sounded shit at most stages), and the people who like the EDM DJs will have to keep going and coming back causing more crushes. If they just had a dedicated stage for that kind of music on a certain day then that would solve that problem. Maybe one day Radio 1 stage could be used for EDM/Electronic acts (that don't fit the Slam Tent) and King Tuts could be band orientated, then the next day switch the stages around or something.

There was also fuck all to do after the music finished. Last year we had the Slam Tent open a bit longer and the Palm Stage and some Silent Disco's etc. but absolutely nothing this year, that just caused large amounts of traffic coming out of the arena due to the tight as fuck walkway. That bottleneck area just came to a complete halt for way too long each night which caused people to get pissed off and rip barriers down, charge up the hill and was pretty dangerous for the people involved.

They also need to get their lineup out a lot sooner as people no longer trust T to book it in advance before any acts have been announced. At least 1/4 of the lineup before Xmas would give people an idea of what it'd be like and would potentially get more ticket sales in for the Xmas period. Drip feeding us announcements starting at the end of Feb is not the way to do it, especially after this year, as they will be looking at festivals elsewhere who will have most of their lineups out by that point.

If they took a year out then it would also give them time to figure out how to get around the bus/parking situation. Someone mentioned using the park & rides just outside of the area and use those as a point for dropping off, which could then use shuttle buses to get to and from the festival. If they do go ahead next year, they'll have to get it absolutely spot on or else the festival will most likely be finished after that. Taking time out would probably be taken in a positive way from most people, and could potentially save the festival from dying out. It's too big to go down the path of RockNess, so hopefully the fact they haven't mentioned anything about tickets for next year means they have decided to do the right thing and take a long hard look about what the next steps for T are.

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger