Hay fever

tHomBleached

Cured!

Weird but happens every year. I take fexophenadine before the fest along with nasal spray and eyedrops. By Friday I wasn't taking any and felt no ill effects at all.

We stopped at a McDonald's at 4am on Sunday and it was back with avengence.

Think it may just be that my body's got more things on its plate do be dealing with, but it's another reason why I love those 5 days more than anything on the planet. I get to (briefly) enjoy summer.

Cured!

Weird but happens every year. I take fexophenadine before the fest along with nasal spray and eyedrops. By Friday I wasn't taking any and felt no ill effects at all.

We stopped at a McDonald's at 4am on Sunday and it was back with avengence.

Think it may just be that my body's got more things on its plate do be dealing with, but it's another reason why I love those 5 days more than anything on the planet. I get to (briefly) enjoy summer.

That wasn't hayfever kicking in .It's was the McShit virus;)

I tend to lose one glasto day to it each year, sonetimes early and sometimes late, really random and not always the sunniest days either

i had it pretty bad on wednesday but bearable. Totally incapacitated me by teatime on thursday when it was mega hot. wasnt enough anti histemins in the world to dampen it down unfortunately.

By Friday the weather turned and it settled down loads after that fortunately

Is this fexophenadin prescription or over the counter? maybe i should upgrade from the loratadine tablets i buy online. Got to be non drowsy ones though?

any tips?

Funny reading these.... I was absolutely fine on site but coming home to London yesterday, I was a little wheezy which is my normal hayfever symptom.

Perhaps the festival is one enormous anti-histamine!

Or perhaps what most people take to be hayfever is actually an allergic reaction to urban pollutants rather than pollen.  The symptoms are identical, the levels of both increase in identical weather conditions, it's the cars not the trees that are making us ill.

Or perhaps what most people take to be hayfever is actually an allergic reaction to urban pollutants rather than pollen.  The symptoms are identical, the levels of both increase in identical weather conditions, it's the cars not the trees that are making us ill.

Exactly what occurred to me walking back from the station - interesting. 

I tend to lose one glasto day to it each year, sonetimes early and sometimes late, really random and not always the sunniest days either

i had it pretty bad on wednesday but bearable. Totally incapacitated me by teatime on thursday when it was mega hot. wasnt enough anti histemins in the world to dampen it down unfortunately.

By Friday the weather turned and it settled down loads after that fortunately

Is this fexophenadin prescription or over the counter? maybe i should upgrade from the loratadine tablets i buy online. Got to be non drowsy ones though?

any tips?

Prescription only, but most GPs will do so over the phone.

Completely non-drowsy and no side effects. You can drink on it which is a nice treat.

I usually chuck the kitchen sink at hayfever each year, steroid spray, eyedrops, fexophenadine tabs. Pirton doesn't really cut the mustard for me.

Hayfever is one of a group of allergic conditions that people grow into or out of, so you might have had no issues with it before and suddenly start suffering later in life (some believe there is a 7 year cycle to growing into or out of these allergies).  I had it chronic when I was a kid, cleared up in my 20s but here in an urban area when the temps and sun levels go up I get the same reaction.