The Wrong Stage

maelzoid

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep the Glastonbury sheep were out in force. Oooo instagramers here's me at Fatboy slim.

Olivia lets get a selfie at Fatboy for Facebook.

I bet only a quarter of the crowd were really there for the music.

What are you on about? People love fat boy, he always put on a great show. He headlined last year and always gets massive crowds. Youre clueless.

DJ EZ on the WoW stage was ridiculous, left after 10 minutes after going in 40 minutes prior to have a good spot. Place was a safety hazard, people were spilling out back to Oxylers to get in.

Glad I didnt attempt this, thought Shy FX might be rammed as well

Skepta was dangerous at times, had a huge moshpit right next to me in an already overcrowded tent

and yeah Fatboy Slim was just insane. couldn't get anywhere near the stage - so far away in fact that i wasn't even sure if he'd started or not because the music was so quiet. absolutely mental. streams of people walking past our group saying 'don't even bother trying to get in there'

I honestly thought like an earlier post was about someone being at the wrong stage which did happen to these girls who were pushing through to get out before Pharrell. 

One of them said and was obviously pissed at her friends "Fucking great we've wasted all this time getting through this crowd only to be at the wrong fucking stage" Everyone who heard this just started laughing. I can imagine there was very little sympathy because they seemed like the London RAAAAAA Ben Howard crew. 

Yep the Glastonbury sheep were out in force. Oooo instagramers here's me at Fatboy slim.

Olivia lets get a selfie at Fatboy for Facebook.

I bet only a quarter of the crowd were really there for the music.

So many of those this year. Lost count the amount of times I saw them taking selfies and then uploading them straight to facebook, then buggering off to do it elsewhere. Not even bothering to watch whoever they just took the selfie of!

Virtually everything that was on the Gully.

That stage was a disaster, some amazing acts but got swallowed by the bass from the Blues, and just never seemed to attract the crowd - although I didn't go for the headliners). Gonne Choi had about 15 people.

That stage should become a tent somewhere near west holts/glade, it would be far far more successful, its a world music stage that's basically as far from west holts as its possible to be...bizarre.

Also Hot Chip were probably a bit too popular for west holts, it was rammed! (But that was a good thing)

There were about 5 people turned out for The Gully every time I walked past someone playing it. Definitely seemed a bit sad there in Silver Hayes.

Anyway for my suggestion, how about moving Sleaford Mods onto the pyramid? Bet the chair people would love them. ;)

The Diner in Shangri La - why is it there?

I love The Diner, as it has a great feel, and a brilliantly diverse selection of music, but this year I realised that by the time I have battled through the banging, full on crowds of Shangri La, it is just never going to happen for me again.

I really wish it was somewhere else in the festival where I could actually go to it and enjoy it.

Ooh I remember some beef someone posted years back about diner location - all mixed up with Lost Vagueness vs. Trash City I think? Were Trash City accused of 'stealing' it, along with the aeroplane nose? (I think this was a bit of a hysterical 'last straw' row before the guy in charge of LV was given his marching orders). This would make sense as I have an (admittedly hazy) recollection of the diner being closer to the theatre fields - possibly in Trash City itself - in 2007 (or possibly even 2005) but I'm not a reliable witness.

The diner's current location does kind-of feel like a nod to LV days but I'd also agree that I spend less time there these days as it's a mission to get to, and at the end of the SE corner 'conveyor belt' - much better when you could nip through from greenfields or along the railway. But then again, I quite like that it's still there in a 'defiant' sort of a way

Wow - Skepta - dangerously packed

Wow - DJ EZ - as above

was at Wow for Patrick Topping about 2hrs before JESuS and it was already heaving.

a much larger tent, or even a more traditional open-air stage would be a good idea for Silver Hayes. there's a lot of empty space in the middle that could be put to better use.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Think there is a fine line between crowded and unsafe, just because it's rammed doesn't mean it's technically unsafe!

Pretty sure Jamie T filled the other stage capacity, people stood all the way by the food stalls.

On the flipside, Vaccines got a tiny crowd.. should of been headlining the JP that night instead...

Nah, heavy rain during Vaccines - that's why. People sheltering/getting changed.

Jamie T had the Sunday evening sun on his side.

Edited by fingers_mark

Wow - Skepta - dangerously packed

Wow - DJ EZ - as above

was at Wow for Patrick Topping about 2hrs before JESuS and it was already heaving.

a much larger tent, or even a more traditional open-air stage would be a good idea for Silver Hayes. there's a lot of empty space in the middle that could be put to better use.

But an open air stage would result in what happened to Fatboy Slim. No-one can hear as sound level limited after dark / doesn't travel

I think it's hard because so much is dependent on weather. Gaz Coombes was very packed so much so that I was behind the sound desk and couldn't see him at all but think a lot of people were just chatting and enjoying the sunshine and probably hoping he'd play Supergrass songs which was a shame as i was really looking forward to him but he was one of the acts that was slightly spoilt for me by the din of other peoples constant chatter. 

Wow stage was always busy, Gully always empty. Which is a great shame as some brilliant acts played throughout the weekend. Would suit another location but I have no idea where!!

Had some people in front of me when Ben Howard walked out they asked where Pharell was .. Then opposite of the above story!

DJ EZ on the WoW stage was ridiculous, left after 10 minutes after going in 40 minutes prior to have a good spot. Place was a safety hazard, people were spilling out back to Oxylers to get in.

I was at the front on the barrier for EZ. I walked straight to the front 10mins into B.Traits set. The tent filled up pretty quick after that.

Although I thought Dreadzone smashed it on the Avalon Stage, I can't help thinking that the Glade PA would have been better for them. Certainly showed its weight at Alabama 3.

Had never heard of them til a mate wanted to go to see them. So I listened to a few tunes before the festival and thought it was decent. I thought they were great on Saturday.

Really enjoyable and a terrific atmosphere in the tent

Edited by FuzzyDunlop