NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

8 minutes ago, mooro said:

Once left Glasto on the Monday,  had a shower at home, packed a case and flew to Ibiza from Gatwick that evening.  Got  a lot of love from my fellow passengers when they spotted my wristband. 

All was good until I came home.  Holy double come down, Batman. 

I find it the best way to recover from Glastonbury. I go back to work feeling refreshed and full of excitement to tell my colleagues everything we got up to. 

@H.M.V which clamping are you gonna try? Don't they all have air bed type things? I took a camp bed this year, never again, it weighed as much as the tent and not as comfortable. Ideal to store my kit under tho 

I was maybe thinking camplight as they're prepitched and top of pennards. 

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I once went hard for five days. Went a little bit light-headed!

Get a good self-inflating mat. Much comfier than a deflating airbed. Glamping? And whining about the cold the other week? I don't think you're Irish at all!!

Just a little lightheaded. You do disappoint. You're no longer my boyfriend! 

9 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Morning beautiful people! I'm exhausted, been running around Glastonbury all night in my head! When will the dreams stop I wonder?! 

T-Day.  Then you start dreaming of next year's running around.

9 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Morning all. Wow there is a round yellow thing in the sky, that I've not seen for weeks and weeks .... Have a great day all 

I know, it's really quite unnerving when it appears!

Happy Booby Tuesday all :)

Hope everyone's having a suitably productive (ish) Tuesday.  I haven't.

In the last week I've gone through the following thought process:

"It was a bit of a slog this year" and "will probably just do brother in law's 40th at Benicassim next year"

"I'll get myself in the queue for T-Day just in case anything changes"

"I wonder how I can make my money stretch to do both next year"

"I'm going next year"

I'm now planning how I would approach it as a solo festival goer as all of my usual crowd will be doing Benicassim.  And I'm quite excited by the prospect!

"It was a bit of a slog this year" and "will probably just do brother in law's 40th at Benicassim next year"

"I'm going next year"

I'm now planning how I would approach it as a solo festival goer as all of my usual crowd will be doing Benicassim.  And I'm quite excited by the prospect!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

"I'm going next year"

I love this Quark

Seriously thinking of going solo(ish) next year and camping - loved it this year but the last few years I'm getting more and more selfish with my festival experience but feeling guilty about it , I'd love to go solo, meet up with friends when I wanted and see where the rest of the time took me. I love hacking it to a stage only for something to catch my eye and end up doing something else and can't do that with everyone in tow

8 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I love this Quark

Seriously thinking of going solo(ish) next year and camping - loved it this year but the last few years I'm getting more and more selfish with my festival experience but feeling guilty about it , I'd love to go solo, meet up with friends when I wanted and see where the rest of the time took me. I love hacking it to a stage only for something to catch my eye and end up doing something else and can't do that with everyone in tow

That's pretty much my thought process about it word for word FF. I think it's mainly because my musical tastes are so different from the rest of my group,and certainly the only one interested in leftfield or the green fields. I go off on my own quite a bit anyway, so it wouldn't be a massive leap during the day.

I think that late nights and coming back to camp would be a bit odd, but maybe that's the sacrifice!

2 hours ago, Quark said:

That's pretty much my thought process about it word for word FF. I think it's mainly because my musical tastes are so different from the rest of my group,and certainly the only one interested in leftfield or the green fields. I go off on my own quite a bit anyway, so it wouldn't be a massive leap during the day.

I think that late nights and coming back to camp would be a bit odd, but maybe that's the sacrifice!

I would quite like being on my own during the day, not having to feel guilty if a mate isn't loving an act like I am... But I think I'd struggle at night. I wouldn't mind the walk back as much as dancing away on my own. It's nice to share the weird random stuff with someone. 

33 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I would quite like being on my own during the day, not having to feel guilty if a mate isn't loving an act like I am... But I think I'd struggle at night. I wouldn't mind the walk back as much as dancing away on my own. It's nice to share the weird random stuff with someone. 

I think that would be the adjustment CG, just kind of accept that the weird late nights are more suited to groups and get the most out of the live stages that keep going, or even just don't go hunting for the late ones. Who knows!

we did our own things in the day - only went with each other if we wanted to do the same thing - then met up to do late night stuff.  the ridge and furrow was a great spot to hang out until everyone assembled.  i camped right by S2H but saw more of him out and about than at camp.

@Quark and @Curlygirl, I know what you mean about the nights. I enjoyed the days doing all sorts on my own and then met up with my cuz at night. Let's get those tickets sorted first, and then if you want to hook up for a night of random weirdness, that'd be cool.

3 minutes ago, carlosj said:

@Quark and @Curlygirl, I know what you mean about the nights. I enjoyed the days doing all sorts on my own and then met up with my cuz at night. Let's get those tickets sorted first, and then if you want to hook up for a night of random weirdness, that'd be cool.

Yep, may the ticket gods be in our favour!!! 

Night all, heavy day of sunbathing to do tomorrow :P

I've never spent an entire festival on my own, although I have come close on a couple of occasions. I agree that the days are fine, but when  it comes to the nights I tend to wander around aimlessly a lot more, but in more of a manic way than a bimbling way.

But the beauty of this forum is I don't feel like I can really be alone at the festival any more, there's plenty of people on here to catch up with. @Quark, if both of us go next year, you're more than welcome to bimble around with me in the nights and whoever I'm with.

16 hours ago, Quark said:

Sounds lovely though. So gutted that I missed out on the meets this year, so really hoping to make the most of it next year. Ticket gods being kind and me sorting out my finances and we'll be laughing :)

I had been planning to make the most of this year since T Day, then bloody hurt myself on day one! Silly Lucy! Prayers to the ticket gods being uttered already, especially as T Day this year is when I'll be in a cheap hotel in That London recovering from a day long indie festival! EEK! 

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

I had been planning to make the most of this year since T Day, then bloody hurt myself on day one! Silly Lucy! Prayers to the ticket gods being uttered already, especially as T Day this year is when I'll be in a cheap hotel in That London recovering from a day long indie festival! EEK! 

ooo and Indie festival, that sounds interesting - pray tell more x