NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

24 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Night all

just off to bed, then day at work tomorrow and flying back to London overnight tomorrow night, 7 hours wait at gatwick before flying home saturday afternoon. Had a real hard work but great 2 weeks working here, but looking forward to Getty g back home and getting ready for glastonbury

2 weeks time I'll be getting the ferry back over and collecting the campervan

Now is time for full on Glastobation :-)

xx

Let the Glastobating commence!! 

Pleased you've enjoyed yourself! And safe travels FF x

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

You will have an amazing time. If it gets too much for you, head to the healing fields/green fields/green futures, and camp somewhere quiet so you have an escape. Who are you going with? The majority of Glasto Goers are fabulous people with massive hearts. My soul belongs there! 

We're camping in Pylon which I've been assured is quite quiet, with a bit of space in-between tents. I'm going with my partner who went last year, and with two veterans who have been for 13 years so I'll be well looked after. I've had a look around the Glasto website at green fields/ healing fields etc. which do look fantastic. The Woods looks like a wonderful area which I'm looking forward to seeing and my partner wants to visit Strummerville one evening which looks quite chilled out. I still can't quite believe that I'm going, doesn't seem real yet.

46 minutes ago, Caribun said:

We're camping in Pylon which I've been assured is quite quiet, with a bit of space in-between tents. I'm going with my partner who went last year, and with two veterans who have been for 13 years so I'll be well looked after. I've had a look around the Glasto website at green fields/ healing fields etc. which do look fantastic. The Woods looks like a wonderful area which I'm looking forward to seeing and my partner wants to visit Strummerville one evening which looks quite chilled out. I still can't quite believe that I'm going, doesn't seem real yet.

I'm excited for you. You've certainly done your research! Sometimes I think I'd like to enjoy the chilled out areas and relax a bit but I never seem to even visit them! With only 5 days of the year spent at the festival, I try to cram as much in as possible. Obviously not as much as @bennyhana22! No one puts that many miles in! x

41 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I'm excited for you. You've certainly done your research! Sometimes I think I'd like to enjoy the chilled out areas and relax a bit but I never seem to even visit them! With only 5 days of the year spent at the festival, I try to cram as much in as possible. Obviously not as much as @bennyhana22! No one puts that many miles in! x

It's helped my anxiety to properly research things, as I'm quite scared of new spaces and large crowds. But then the best laid plans sometimes never come to fruition so I may well not do any of the things I've planned on doing! 

4 hours ago, Caribun said:

It's helped my anxiety to properly research things, as I'm quite scared of new spaces and large crowds. But then the best laid plans sometimes never come to fruition so I may well not do any of the things I've planned on doing! 

I hope things go as you plan then. How are you planning to sort out the camping? Would it help you avoid the crowds and rushing if the vets went on to get spaces and you 2 catch them up?  There are loads of places to get away from the crowds too over the days.

Morning all, grey day here, but we're off to York tonight to see family and then MrsCJ is taking me to the big smoke tomorrow for an exhibition. Excited.

btw, I don't know why we're all getting excited - http://www.indiatimes.com/news/weird/scholars-release-the-latest-date-for-apocalypse-june-3-4-2016_-255927.html

On the plus side, I've left the washing up and am watching reruns of Columbo.

21 minutes ago, carlosj said:

btw, I don't know why we're all getting excited - http://www.indiatimes.com/news/weird/scholars-release-the-latest-date-for-apocalypse-june-3-4-2016_-255927.html

On the plus side, I've left the washing up and am watching reruns of Columbo.

I love Columbo! I hope the world doesn't end, I'd like to watch some more first. 

5 hours ago, Caribun said:

You'll have a great time Caribun.  There was another  thread somewhere last year (can't remember who started it) about people's tips for dealing with anxiety and panic attacks while at Glastonbury; I'll have a rootle around and see if I can find the link.  My personal go to when it gets a bit much is a place called the Tiny Tea Tent; my geography is terrible so someone can correct me, but I'm pretty sure it's between the West Holts field and the Healing fields. 15 minutes sat on my own with a cuppa and a piece of cake does wonders for a quick reset.

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

we're in the teens!

Ah, that brings back memories :)

Good morning lovelies :)

I can`t believe its only 19 days away already and absofrickinlutely cannot wait to walk through that gate into the magic.

has a concrete meeting time and place been sorted out yet or is that still up in the air as i remember someone called Adam was playing in the green areas unless i was dreaming it, haha,

Just got to pack and i,m good to go now, the excitement is getting beyond a joke now my missus my kill me in my sleep.

Praise the weather gods most high,

NFR NFC:smoke:

Morning TommyBoy and all the NFRers.

Just a quick note regarding things in TV land.

With no trace of 'modesty' (not sure that's the correct term, actually), I have become progressively more anxious about the impending telly extravaganza, as it has neared.

I'm certain that I will not watch any of it. I am advised by our Comms team that there's a fair amount of me in it. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen (pun intended, and quite brilliant).

However, hand-wringing aside, and in no way as self-promotion, but because lots of you have asked specifically about it, I can let you know (if you hadn't caught a trailer yet...) that it's nearly here:

Inside Birmingham Children's Hospital, 9 pm, Thursday 9 June, Channel 4

10 episodes, 5 now and 5 in the autumn.

I'm not planning on saying much more about it!

Love you guys. Not sure why this is making me uncomfortable, but there you are!

:)

Ben

1 hour ago, tommywillo said:

Good morning lovelies :)

I can`t believe its only 19 days away already and absofrickinlutely cannot wait to walk through that gate into the magic.

has a concrete meeting time and place been sorted out yet or is that still up in the air as i remember someone called Adam was playing in the green areas unless i was dreaming it, haha,

Just got to pack and i,m good to go now, the excitement is getting beyond a joke now my missus my kill me in my sleep.

Praise the weather gods most high,

NFR NFC:smoke:

Hey tommy!

We've not got definite plans for the meet yet, I think everyone needs to figure out what they want to see on the Thursday, then we can get ideas flowing. I'm thinking I'd quite like to see Wildwood Kin at Toad Hall, which finishes at 4, so I'll likely be around that area anyway, although happy to walk elsewhere if the general opinion is to meet in another area. 

Anyone else got any plans for Thursday yet, or thoughts about time / venue for the meet?

30 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

With no trace of 'modesty' (not sure that's the correct term, actually), I have become progressively more anxious about the impending telly extravaganza, as it has neared.

I'm certain that I will not watch any of it. I am advised by our Comms team that there's a fair amount of me in it. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen (pun intended, and quite brilliant).

However, hand-wringing aside, and in no way as self-promotion, but because lots of you have asked specifically about it, I can let you know (if you hadn't caught a trailer yet...) that it's nearly here:

Ben

Thanks for letting us know, Ben :) I've set the digibox for it. 

I've not seen it advertised, although we tend to record things we want to see, so we can skip through the adverts. 

Congratulations on your impending stardom, you shameless media tart, you! ;) 

12 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Thanks for letting us know, Ben :) I've set the digibox for it. 

I've not seen it advertised, although we tend to record things we want to see, so we can skip through the adverts. 

Congratulations on your impending stardom, you shameless media tart, you! ;) 

I did ITN Central News yesterday too. This is getting out of hand...

8 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Benny the media tart!! You need a t shirt! :)

I think I have made my t-shirt requirements more than clear on another thread thank you, Lucille.

So you can cross that off your 'to do' list...

:blink:

Ben

44 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Maybe the fear of being seen in your sober working mode by people who only know your mad Glastonbury persona?!  Have you seen any of the footage?  I sometimes wonder if people in series like 24 hrs in A & E realise what they're signing up for!

Programme gets a fab write up in the Radio Times - will definitely be watching :)

54 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Added to my calendar.