NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

Afternoon all. I know I haven't been around much this year but fingers burnt and all that...anyhoo I still lurves you all.

Just made Christmas whiskey - thanks @mr gumby

Cracking to see you lovely peeps at the meet. Hiya all you new peeps I don't know.

Farm still being sorted but it won't be long before we can go down there of an evening for our run womble. Photos when we do , promise.

busy month for festies so I'll catch you here or there or at another festie.

Oh and @Big Dog sends his love xx

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Yes you would!!! A few crunchies and you'll have the perfect figure!! 

Corrected, for my health regime. I'm prolonging the Glastonbury vibe by finishing the legover whisky I brought down.

Diana would be good, but I prefer the earlier Motown stuff.

I would prefer Aretha but she hates flying so that's not going to happen. Much like wanting Dionne Warwick to sing with Burt last year.

Hello - I haven't had time to catch up since the end of the festival. I managed to miss the eFest meet after a long coach journey and then got sidetracked for the NFC meet :(

Hopefully i'll catch up at some stage but I highly doubt it! Already looking forward to next years festival though :D

Morning all. Today I go back to reality. I'm going home after being away from the Friday before Glastonbury. I have a lot of unpacking to do... Bah... And then repacking... Yay... For Kendall and Camping in Scarborough in 2 weeks. 

@H.M.V how was last night? 

@carlosj I like what you did there!! And I wish I had Legover whiskey!! 

@sheffieldlady I also missed the Efests meet due to delays. Managed to meet this mad bunch tho. Next year tickets gods allowing ;)

hello @deebeedoobee *waving*. It was lovely to see you again. And thanx for the sloe gin! :D

Morning all

im shattered, what a mad week, I've been out out for the last 6 nights including a 90s themed party last night ... The music was rubbish, but it was friends 30th birthday so I'll let you off. I now seem to be being invited to birthdays to celebrate 30th, 40th, 50th and 60th for friends, which I'm thinking is cool as it means I have a wide range of friends crossing fhe decades and is making for interesting parties :-) 

anyway the lambs in the oven , slow cooking for the day and I've off to the farm shop to do veg shopping 

have a great day one and all

FF xx

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've invented a new cocktail, called 'leftover shit in Stu's cupboard'

Scotch

Lemon vodka

Elderflower cordial

Soda water 

Add tequila to taste.

My husband's just said it should be 'shit that should be LEFT in Stu's cupboard'! 

43 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I had to use 3 tablespoons of port in my rhubarb crumble. Hence had left over port. Leftovers are free game  even in a school night

Ooh, wouldn't have thought of port with rhubarb. I like this idea.

Couple of friends decided to have a night in opening all the shitty bottles of wine that had been gathering dust in cupboards for years. I don't believe it ended well.

I brought some cider back from Lilleys for Summer. Well, we're still waiting for that, so I opened it tonight. I erred on the sweet side though for both boxes, the medium sweet is waaaaay too sweet. I'm going to have to practice the cheek puckering dry style for next year. It is good quality, just not used to the taste.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

isn't it time to start a new thread, and let this one die away...?

(I prefer it that way - big threads like this one end up having an effect on server performance).

I was thinking that the other day, after all this one has '2016' in the title! 

Who fancies starting next year's then? :) 

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

isn't it time to start a new thread, and let this one die away...?

(I prefer it that way - big threads like this one end up having an effect on server performance).

That's interesting. Was the headliner thread last year causing you issues?  I don't remember that page loading noticeably more slowly - how did the problems manifest themselves?