NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

30 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Thank you everyone! As for the leftover booze, we think it's because we didn't queue once we'd parked! We usually get through quite a lot of booze etc in the pedestrian queue, but as we walked straight in this year, we even put the tents up sober which was most odd! Usually there is no leftover booze!

ssk and others who weren't sure of going, I'm glad you all did and all had a good time. I'm sorry again I didn't make the meet! Next time! :)

Hippo birdie Lucy, hope your injured ribs recover soon.  Did you wear your furry coat by the way?

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Hippo birdie Lucy, hope your injured ribs recover soon.  Did you wear your furry coat by the way?

Thank you! I did, it was lovely and warm! I didn't wear it so much towards the end of the weekend but I did when I could! I'll see if anyone has any photos and post one if I can :)

Hey there lovely people.

Well it rained a little.

We compromised quite a lot.

But didn't we have an amazing time?

first of all, huge apologies for not making the meet on Thursday, I have no idea where I was for the Glade part but I was up at Croissant Neuf later on. Sadly I was another one of those folks wandering round with a blank look on my face and trying to figure out if ant of the tables contained any of you lot. Being a bit of a wuss I didn't have the nerve to start approaching people. I then had a mooch around trying to work out which was @Sawdusty Surfer's stand and when I couldn't work that out, I started looking for somebody covered in plaster casts and failed on that plan too. I'll try harder next time I promise!:)

On the plus side I did make the efests meet on the Wednesday although due to getting side tracked by the sheer bloody amazement that I was back at the festival for the first time since 2013 I was almost 3 hours late. Most had left by then but I would like to give a huge thanks to Mr and Mrs @Funkyfairy! who were kind enough to stop and chat and share some delicious Cherry Bakewell vodka. 

I hope you're all close to recovering now and the comedown isn't so bad. As for me I've deliberately abstained from the iPlayer until next week to make it easier. I still feel like I could sleep for days too.

Mud? Can't say I noticed it...

Shaun.

Oh and happy birthday Lucy. For another hour at least. I hope your ribs are recovering.

@MilkyJoe that is a lovely post... But 7  words in and you're pissing off the weather gods for 2017 already!!! 

This may have been the muddiest one ever according to Mr Eavis, but it didn't have any knock on effect to the amount of fun had. I hit the festival so hard this year and loved every minute of it! Every mile of the 81.40 miles I walked! Hope to meet you next year... Ticket gods allowing. Now edit your post immediately as I've heard on good authority that the weather gods are good friends with the ticket gods! G'nite :rolleyes:

Edited by Curlygirl

5 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Hey there lovely people.

Well it rained a little.

We compromised quite a lot.

But didn't we have an amazing time?

first of all, huge apologies for not making the meet on Thursday, I have no idea where I was for the Glade part but I was up at Croissant Neuf later on. Sadly I was another one of those folks wandering round with a blank look on my face and trying to figure out if ant of the tables contained any of you lot. Being a bit of a wuss I didn't have the nerve to start approaching people. I then had a mooch around trying to work out which was @Sawdusty Surfer's stand and when I couldn't work that out, I started looking for somebody covered in plaster casts and failed on that plan too. I'll try harder next time I promise!:)

On the plus side I did make the efests meet on the Wednesday although due to getting side tracked by the sheer bloody amazement that I was back at the festival for the first time since 2013 I was almost 3 hours late. Most had left by then but I would like to give a huge thanks to Mr and Mrs @Funkyfairy! who were kind enough to stop and chat and share some delicious Cherry Bakewell vodka. 

I hope you're all close to recovering now and the comedown isn't so bad. As for me I've deliberately abstained from the iPlayer until next week to make it easier. I still feel like I could sleep for days too.

Mud? Can't say I noticed it...

Shaun.

Oh and happy birthday Lucy. For another hour at least. I hope your ribs are recovering.

Total pleasure milky joe xxx was lovely to meet you

were you up at croissant Neuf about 8.45(ish) on Thursday, I thought I saw you but wasn't sure. The NFR meet was so hard to find people and yes I was randomly looking for someone in mass plaster casts too :-) 

Glad you had a great time... I so want to be back there 

2 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I'm on red wine leg overs, the comedown's that bad ;-)

Love a red wine leg over! 

Did you bring some home too then? I'm really confused of the concept of leftover alcohol from Glastonbury! 3ltrs of cherry bakewell were consumed on Thursday. Not much left after that! 

3 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Did you bring some home too then? I'm really confused of the concept of leftover alcohol from Glastonbury! 3ltrs of cherry bakewell were consumed on Thursday. Not much left after that! 

I drank far too much cb vodka, but that was due to the fact that I bought half a litre to the meet on Wednesday hoping to share some with you curly girl and another half a litre on Thursday for the same lol - although to be fair I shared the majority of that, as alcohol and me don't realky mix very often at all 

next year - oh next year :-) 

Edited by Funkyfairy!

5 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

@MilkyJoe that is a lovely post... But 7  words in and you're pissing off the weather gods for 2017 already!!! 

This may have been the muddiest one ever according to Mr Eavis, but it didn't have any knock on effect to the amount of fun had. I hit the festival so hard this year and loved every minute of it! Every mile of the 81.40 miles I walked! Hope to meet you next year... Ticket gods allowing. Now edit your post immediately as I've heard on good authority that the weather gods are good friends with the ticket gods! G'nite :rolleyes:

I Have to admit you had me completely confused there CG with the 8th word... I kept going over it trying to work out how it would piss the weather gods off? Well edited!:)

14 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Yep, unopened box of red, 6 litres of cider for the 3 days of Summer we'll have in August, and the remainder of the 20l cider I bought for the festival, and half a bottle of bourbon, and half a bottle of whisky. I didn't go doolally this time, so brought more home. I'm just going doolally now, lol

It was lovely to meet you too FF.:)

Yes I was up at Croissant Neuf about that time I think. I was the one looking lost. I went up early for the thing that sawdusty had mentioned and remembered that there was supposed to be the second half of the meet up there so I tried to find everybody.

I can't wait for next year either, I'm hoping for a little bit more luck on ticket day this year than I have had for the last 3!

10 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I drank far too much cb vodka, but that was due to the fact that I bought half a litre to the meet on Wednesday hoping to share some with you curly girl and another half a litre on Thursday for the same lol - although to be fair I shared the majority of that, as alcohol and me don't realky mix very often at all 

next year - oh next year :-) 

I would've loved to have tried yours!! I was still on a bus for the Wednesday meet! I was 6.5 hours late. I think the location this year was tricky to find and I wouldn't have found it it H.M.V hadn't found me at Williams green! Small world huh? 

10 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

I Have to admit you had me completely confused there CG with the 8th word... I kept going over it trying to work out how it would piss the weather gods off? Well edited!:)

Haha, I was a little oiled and hoped you wouldn't notice! Though it should've been obvious what my intentions were ;)

10 hours ago, carlosj said:

Yep, unopened box of red, 6 litres of cider for the 3 days of Summer we'll have in August, and the remainder of the 20l cider I bought for the festival, and half a bottle of bourbon, and half a bottle of whisky. I didn't go doolally this time, so brought more home. I'm just going doolally now, lol

Wow that's a lot! It's a lot to take never mind bring home! I didn't go doolally this year, especially after the incident... But I didn't want to carry it home so I shared it out. Tho I could've done with some on the bus!! We had a crazy risk taking driver! 

50 minutes ago, Quark said:

Morning my lovelies. Praise to the weather gods and ticket gods, and a sweary twatting Saturday to the rest of you :)

Morning Quark!! Life is beautiful but I do have many things to swear about today... Hundreds of fucking flies!!! Doing my bastard napper in!! I think I'm gonna jump in the pool to escape them. 

12 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Wow that's a lot! It's a lot to take never mind bring home! I didn't go doolally this year, especially after the incident... But I didn't want to carry it home so I shared it out. Tho I could've done with some on the bus!! We had a crazy risk taking driver! 

My cuz helped with the spirits, and my intention was to bring back loads of zoider for this scorcher Summer we're having.

31 minutes ago, carlosj said:

My cuz helped with the spirits, and my intention was to bring back loads of zoider for this scorcher Summer we're having.

Not being in the uk at the moment I'm unsure as to wether you're being sarcastic? I've seen a bit of Wimbledon so I think you may be ha! Summer will come... Hopefully when I'm at Kendall Calling! Though sacrifices will be given for a dry G 2017! 

12 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Morning all, 

today is packing away time from Glastonbury - wash off the boots etc - sad times :-( 

ffxx

Morning FF x

I'm so lucky in this dept, my mate has done my washing and ironing and cleaned my boots! I just need to get it all home and repacking for Kendall