Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

No worries, I was fairly mashed too! :) took me a while to be sure you were who I thought you were! It was great to see you and @Wellyboot by chance, especially when you couldn't make the meet due to injury. Hope you're feeling a bit less sore by now. 

Was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife! We were, as Lucy said, absolutely Gillespied! But it was very nice to meet you!! 

Was also an absolute delight to meet @bennyhana22 more than once! And was so happy every time you popped by to our camp! You are a proper sweetie! And also an excellent mission completer ;)

Xx

@mr gumby you sir, are one awesome individual for all the help you gave to @BrighterNow. I remember the messages of support and its so lovely to hear that a few months later everyone had an amazing festival due to the kindness of Internet buddies

Your story has warmed my heart

have sat down tonight and probably going to change my holiday to mid October, at the moment I'm due to be on a plane on 2nd , which could be ticket day , and despite walking out of the festival on Monday not sure if I was going yo have a year off I now need tickets again and being a control freak couldn't rely of others trying and not doing my bit as well ... Especially if it means getting them for someone else as well

Its getting silly when ticket day becomes a must be 'free weekend ' :-) 

49 minutes ago, BrighterNow said:

Yes, it was amazing ... and I owe a massive, massive thank you to Mr Gumby.  Some of you might remember how upset I was a couple of months ago when it looked as if I might have to go to Glastonbury on my own, and at the time I felt as if I couldn't cope with that.  Mr Gumby came to my rescue, not only offering me a tent, but even offering to put it up for me.  It might sound silly, but knowing that there'd be a tent waiting for me, and next to someone I 'knew', made all the difference. 

Sure enough, I arrived to find a lovely tent waiting for me, and had the absolute pleasure of meeting Mr and Mrs Gumby, and the utterly adorable Gumby jr.  This lovely man, who I'd never even met before, even took my tent down at the end of the festival as I had an early start to get my coach.

Sometimes in life someone does something which really makes a difference.  At a time when I felt let down by a friend, and was feeling very upset, Mr Gumby restored my faith in people.  If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have been at the festival and had such an incredible experience.

Thank you so much, Mr Gumby.  You're a truly special person and to me you embody the spirit of Glastonbury.

This has brought a few tears to my eyes. Well done Mr G!! And I'm so pleased it was a good experience for you BrighterNow xX

1 hour ago, BrighterNow said:

Yes, it was amazing ... and I owe a massive, massive thank you to Mr Gumby.  Some of you might remember how upset I was a couple of months ago when it looked as if I might have to go to Glastonbury on my own, and at the time I felt as if I couldn't cope with that.  Mr Gumby came to my rescue, not only offering me a tent, but even offering to put it up for me.  It might sound silly, but knowing that there'd be a tent waiting for me, and next to someone I 'knew', made all the difference. 

Sure enough, I arrived to find a lovely tent waiting for me, and had the absolute pleasure of meeting Mr and Mrs Gumby, and the utterly adorable Gumby jr.  This lovely man, who I'd never even met before, even took my tent down at the end of the festival as I had an early start to get my coach.

Sometimes in life someone does something which really makes a difference.  At a time when I felt let down by a friend, and was feeling very upset, Mr Gumby restored my faith in people.  If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have been at the festival and had such an incredible experience.

Thank you so much, Mr Gumby.  You're a truly special person and to me you embody the spirit of Glastonbury.

41 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

@mr gumby you sir, are one awesome individual for all the help you gave to @BrighterNow. I remember the messages of support and its so lovely to hear that a few months later everyone had an amazing festival due to the kindness of Internet buddies

Your story has warmed my heart

have sat down tonight and probably going to change my holiday to mid October, at the moment I'm due to be on a plane on 2nd , which could be ticket day , and despite walking out of the festival on Monday not sure if I was going yo have a year off I now need tickets again and being a control freak couldn't rely of others trying and not doing my bit as well ... Especially if it means getting them for someone else as well

Its getting silly when ticket day becomes a must be 'free weekend ' :-) 

32 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

This has brought a few tears to my eyes. Well done Mr G!! And I'm so pleased it was a good experience for you BrighterNow xX

Aww, shucks! I'm just glad I was able to help out really. After all, @BrighterNow got through in the resale for mrs gumby, so it seemed like the least I could do! 

Morning all.  Work's doing a helping hands charity day today, so I'm off to help clear out the grounds of a charity's outdoor activity centre.  No car today, so it's a 2 hour bike ride in the r*in, then a day of digging up weeds in the r*in, followed by a 2 hour ride home in the r*in.  Hope the gods are noticing this!

Gumby, you're a gent.  Kudos sir.

Morning all,   well what can I say, that was one special weekend despite being betrayed by the weather Gods!!!!!!

It was good to put a few names to faces and hope to repeat it next year but for a bit longer :) 

Now for the serious bit.......... I`ve had enough....  I have prayed, made sacrifices been loyal and true. i`ve argued with those that  wanted " a little bit of rain" to keep the dust down  BUT no more !!!!!

I NOW DEMAND THAT THE WEATHER GODS LISTEN AND TAKE NOTE,     NFRNFC NEXT YEAR OR ELSE YOU WILL SUFFER MY  VENGEANCE.    No more pleading, no more begging, it`s time to give us what we demand. :)    

21 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Thank you!!! I'm at work with very sore ribs but the sun has just come out so it's ok!! Planning to drink leftover festival booze and watch the highlights tonight! :) 

Leftover festival booze?!? What is such a thing?? Have a lovely birthday Lucy G!! x

we have leftover festival booze, a hipflask of port that has made it's way back to Ireland.  and there was leftover other supplies too which had to be left in England for safe keeping.  we did try, but either this years party prescription was overly sufficient, or perhaps we're not quite the caners we used to be.  i couldn't possibly comment.

anyway, none of that matters.  happy birthday Miss G   

xxxx

Hello All!

Full of post-festival lurgy so have been asleep whenever I'm not at work. 

Just wanted to say a massive thank-you to you all.  I was very hesitant about going this year as it would be my first on my own,  and I genuinely wasn't sure if I could cope with it, especially given the state of the site and spending last year's festival on crutches but there were so many wonderful people who made sure that I never felt alone or sad or like I was missing out on any part of the experience, and that really was a wonderful thing.  From the minute I got my tent up it felt like the right decision to be there again, so thank you all so very much x x x

Thank you everyone! As for the leftover booze, we think it's because we didn't queue once we'd parked! We usually get through quite a lot of booze etc in the pedestrian queue, but as we walked straight in this year, we even put the tents up sober which was most odd! Usually there is no leftover booze!

ssk and others who weren't sure of going, I'm glad you all did and all had a good time. I'm sorry again I didn't make the meet! Next time! :)