NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

7 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Mr Hats, you are a very silly sausage! Glad you're on the mend though xx

Dizzy, how lovely! I havent managed a bluebell walk yet, although I have seen some in the woods by my house so have had a small fix. I fear we may have had the best of them down here now, and I'm too late, and I don't think I can get anywhere this weekend to see lots! 

Very very Manchester here today too. I've got a little festival here next weekend (bank holiday). I'm prepared to take some of the damp stuff there if it means a dry Glastonbury! 

I can assure you I am sat in Manchester right now

and I can see Sun out of my office window

I may get a picture, and send it to my mum, or show my boy when he is older  we don't see it that often

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Current theory is it's nothing to do with Saturday shenanigans, or at least not primarily. I'm now a right pain sat round the house with man-cellulitus, waiting for antibiotics to kick in/pustules to burst.  You should see my brow, it's like I found a BOGOF voucher for botox, or some sort of orc make up!

13 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I may get a picture, and send it to my mum, or show my boy when he is older  we don't see it that often

haha yes you should!! People will talk of this day in years to come. 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Current theory is it's nothing to do with Saturday shenanigans, or at least not primarily. I'm now a right pain sat round the house with man-cellulitus, waiting for antibiotics to kick in/pustules to burst.  You should see my brow, it's like I found a BOGOF voucher for botox, or some sort of orc make up!

Ouch! I hope you're ok! Go careful now xx

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Mr 2Hats

I feel I have a missed a critical piece of the jigsaw puzzle, whats wrong ? And what happened ?

Hope your brow issue deflates soon

FFxx

Morning everyone

S2H hope you feel better soon.

first festival next week, really looking forward to it as well.  Today will involve going through boxes in garage trying to find festival bits and pieces.  

In other news we now have a flower bed in the front garden with plants in rather than 2 foot weeds, finished last night at 9pm.

have fun everyone.

9 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Mr 2Hats

I feel I have a missed a critical piece of the jigsaw puzzle, whats wrong ? And what happened ?

Hope your brow issue deflates soon

FFxx

Went out drinking on Saturday, drank far, far too much. Banged my head on my bathroom cabinet puking  Sunday morning and on Monday appeared to have a crack going round my skull. For a minute, I thought I might be bleeding into my brain! Turned out, it wasn't a crack, it was an infection, which might have had nothing to do with booze or bump, but a skin issue last week. Maybe dry skin cracked , maybe infected acne. Not quite sure. Possibly to do with the bump, but given there was no blood on cabinet or pillow, unlikely. Bring a doctor must be like life as Colombo, unravelling mysteries and getting thrown off by red herrings!

Now my whole head feels bruised all over due to the pressure of puss under my skin. Red forehead and white pockets on my scalp. Minging!

Anyway nobody wants to hear these gory details do they? Weekend shenanigans injury = funny. Infected zit = gross.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

I don't believe you,;) I am also sat in Manchester and can see no sun, if it did come out it was so fleeting that it passed me by completely despite my chair facing three very large windows.

S2H what a nightmare, if it is cellulitis it is awful, a friend of mine had it on his leg and looked like some kind of circus freak for several weeks, hope it clears up before GF or you may have to make one your hats a balaclava :lol:

good news on the garden splodge, can you come and do mine now please?  Hello and warm hugs/firm handshakes to everyone else, the thread is moving pretty fast these days and my advancing years mean I can't keep up with everyone's comings and goings

In other news, I had my email today confirming dispatch of tickets - we have never had them this early before - so now in complete countdown mode.  Hurrah!!

Just now, noplacelikehome said:

I don't believe you,;) I am also sat in Manchester and can see no sun, if it did come out it was so fleeting that it passed me by completely despite my chair facing three very large windows.

it has gone now, it may have just been fleeting. 

back to grey as standard

4 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

it has gone now, it may have just been fleeting. 

back to grey as standard

...or was it a figment of your imagination?  ;) I know since I started working in Manchester at the end of last year I have started hallucinating images of sunshine just to get me through the day...

Just now, noplacelikehome said:

...or was it a figment of your imagination?  ;) I know since I started working in Manchester at the end of last year I have started hallucinating images of sunshine just to get me through the day...

yesterday I did see some sun, it wasn't for long but I am surte it was there

maybe i saw some light refracting off a car windscreen just to my office window. one thing is for sure every night on my way home as i get out of Manchester the sun comes out

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You poor thing S2H,  I think cellulitis isn't sexist and is equally vile for people of all genders!  Mr Moo had it years ago when some insect bites got infected.  He had a red tide-line of septicaemia going up both arms and his hands swelled up like inflated rubber gloves - would've been comic if he hadn't felt so awful.  Strong antibiotics did the trick though and there was no permanent damage.  It did come after a period when he'd been overworking so his immune system was run down.  So look after yourself and take things easy.

15 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

How's the revision going HMV?

Off sick today. Dicky tummy so just up now and having a brew. Gonna get studying more once I wake up as I was awake half the night.  Hopefully it will start sinking in before Saturday.  Eeek 

Afternoon all, this Manchester weather was alleviated by receiving an email on ticket despatch.  Either that's confirmation of getting the job I've been for, or fantastic commiserations. The former obvs, but sitting up at The Park will be great.

Hope the Hat household and Gingerville will be free of lurgy soon.

Wow, it's all getting very close.

6 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Dizzy, how lovely! I havent managed a bluebell walk yet, although I have seen some in the woods by my house so have had a small fix. I fear we may have had the best of them down here now, and I'm too late, and I don't think I can get anywhere this weekend to see lots! 

Very very Manchester here today too. I've got a little festival here next weekend (bank holiday). I'm prepared to take some of the damp stuff there if it means a dry Glastonbury! 

it is now sunny in Manchester

It's blue grey in Leeds but is dry.

The alcohol list has been sorted. We're having curry on Wednesday after setting up. I should make it as some point to the do afterwards if anyone's still there about 8.

I'm on a roll.

well that another injection ...this time in my shoulder ...waited 2 hours in hospital for that so hoping it helps ..

they seem to like injecting me so far thats about 17 this year  16 in back and todays ....any ways 2hats hope you is better old son all rest o you be good and pray lol