NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

33 minutes ago, tommywillo said:

Its all good practice Lucy :rock:

I read about that firework factory, bloody hell that must`ve been scary and was good news nobody was injured :thumbsu:

I live about a ten minute walk away, so it was quite loud! I just thought it was the docks, but no! Luckily there was no one hurt, the fire/police were there pretty quickly by all accounts. Some of the videos are quite scary!!! 

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thurlow84 said:

They'll be a great addition to the line up, i'll catch them at end of the road in september and my mate wants to see them so i'm looking into going to see them in newcastle the day after end of the road

One of my favourite new bands. I think they will be good live.

50 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

@pentura excellent work getting tickets, so pleased for you.  They did go lightning quick didn't they!

Thanks dizzy! It was ridiculous how quick that was

Hope to catch up at the meet!

Hi all

well it finally here, happy weekend everyone.  MrG hope everything goes ok with your mum.

hope everyone has a weekend full of smiles and fun.

saturday we are going to Pilton Party auditions it will be so good to have a few beers to celebrate finishing the hallway.

Evening folks. Sat on a planebus thingy with a yeti about to hit Manchester for drinks with a two hats included after delays and drinkage due to delays. Happy days. 

Gumbyballs I fucking love peaky blinders!  

Peace out 

NFR NFC 

2 hours ago, jeffie said:

Hello people.

I've got about 4 years of NFR NFC to catch up on. Can anyone give me a potted history?

Jeffie! So pleased to see you back around these parts. I've missed your particular way of looking at the world :) 

I'm not the best person to recap, to be honest. The usual daily life, Dr. Ben' heroics, silly nonsense, and a growing excitement as we get nearer to a certain event next month. 

What you been up to? 

17 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Evening folks. Sat on a planebus thingy with a yeti about to hit Manchester for drinks with a two hats included after delays and drinkage due to delays. Happy days. 

Gumbyballs I fucking love peaky blinders!  

Peace out 

NFR NFC 

Even Sam Neill's 'interesting' accent? :D 

It has been a great series, made even better for me by the use of lots of Nick Cave in the soundtrack! 

8 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Yeah, I'm ok. Just not looking forward to this weekend. We're off to visit my mum, who's a complete nightmare. The more her health deteriorates, the more oblivious she gets to how much people are doing to try and help, which makes it pretty difficult to carry on caring. She really ought to be living somewhere with professional carers on call, but she has resisted the idea of losing her independence for ages. 

Sorry to waffle on. 

That sounds very difficult, Mr Gumby.  I've had a friend go through a similar thing and I know how stressful he found it.  I'll be thinking of you this weekend.

Hey folks, sorry I been a bit quiet over the last few days, been a little busy at work and spent most of yesterday catching up on the resale thread. Blimey, that was an event wasn't it! Anyway glad you managed to get tickets Pentura. Hope this weekend goes as well as these things can Mr Gumby. Hope everybody else is looking forward to the weekend, any Glasto preps in the pipeline?

Shaun.

9 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Yeah, I'm ok. Just not looking forward to this weekend. We're off to visit my mum, who's a complete nightmare. The more her health deteriorates, the more oblivious she gets to how much people are doing to try and help, which makes it pretty difficult to carry on caring. She really ought to be living somewhere with professional carers on call, but she has resisted the idea of losing her independence for ages. 

Sorry to waffle on. 

You poor sod. I'm in the same boat with my 82-year-old mum who is just about okay in her own home at the moment but does't realise how unreliable home care will be in the future. Her favourite topics of conversation are tennis and her latest doctor's appointments. It is always fascinating visiting her!

Otherwise we've been in your boat three times already. Horrible mother-in-law who did nothing but complain for three years; then lovely step-father-in-law who was stoic and cheerful throughout his three years of deterioration, not to be mention being free to be himself after his wife died. But it was a nightmare having to pop round at least three times a day to feed him and clear up unfortunate accidents etc. I ended up on anti-depressants after he died.

And then there was was the elderly spinster aunt-in-law a couple of years ago who had no-one but us to look out for her when her breast cancer came back. Fortunately, she opted immediately for a nursing home when she declined chemotherapy. Still meant several hours on the M25 every couple of weeks, checking on her - and the nursing home - while she wasted away over four months.

And now we're on my family - my mum , although at least in my case, my two brothers also help out a fair bit. Thankfully, my beloved father dropped dead in the bathroom of a heart  attack four years ago after three years of deteriorating with a lung disease and dementia.

Life can be so brilliant sometimes, can't it. I can't imagine how some people do caring for elderly parents as well as raising kids too. 

(Apologies for the venting - I guess I need to explain why I empathise with you)

Evening all. Sorry (again) for my absence. my nephews girlfriend went into labour 2 days ago. A healthy baby girl was delivered 22:40 last night. My sister now has custody as well as the 14 month old of theirs. Her head is in bits. The baby is beautiful and quiet!!! She is being tested for drug dependency. I love my sister. She is a saint! 

23 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Evening all. Sorry (again) for my absence. my nephews girlfriend went into labour 2 days ago. A healthy baby girl was delivered 22:40 last night. My sister now has custody as well as the 14 month old of theirs. Her head is in bits. The baby is beautiful and quiet!!! She is being tested for drug dependency. I love my sister. She is a saint! 

Hope the baby's ok CG.  Can't imagine what it's like taking on a newborn grandchild to look after!  Are you ok otherwise?

31 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

That's good news about the healthy birth but not good for your sister CG. She sounds like a saint too, I hope she's coping as well as she can.

Shaun.

9 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Glad to hear the baby was born safely CG , what an amazing lady your sister is xxx all the best to you all x

13 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Bloody nora, Cg, is anything straightforward in your life?!

Your sister is an absolute legend.

Sun is shining in a cool, breezy Birmingham this morning, where I am until tomorrow night as it's my weekend on duty. Been ridiculously busy again - where do all these kids come from?!

Anyway, it's my Mum's birthday today, so that's nice (even though I won't get to se her!).

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Just over five weeks to go. I really need some more announcements so I can get planning The ScheduleTM properly!

Ben
xx

Edited by bennyhana22

26 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Good morning all

Its saturday , slightly overcast in Bognor and I'm off to Bootfit with Chico 'singing' live to start the day ( now that's not a sentence I ever thought I'd type) 

have a great Saturday everyone :-) 

FFxxx

My brain is genuinely struggling to conceptualise that, FF!

:)

Ben

Hello! What a mixed bunch of folk we are, with our various family issues and what have you. I hope everyone struggling finds a way through xx

Its nice and sunny here today, I've had a walk through the woods to the local pop up once a week veg shop to stock up on nicely sourced goodies. Spent a small fortune but I've got enough fruit and veg to last the week, so that's ok. Ooh and some lovely free range eggs from a local farm :) 

Going to make use of the sun by putting the washing outside and flinging open all the windows while I do a bit of housework. Have a good day everyone!