• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi! Jeffie do you mean the Carrot Spies are ELO? I am confused! (Doesnt take much)

It's sunny here today, out of my window I can see blue skies and a few fluffy clouds. It is still chilly though. Oh and my car leaks when it rains, a good sacrifice for the gods I think. I might try washing it at the weekend, thats sure to help with a w** spell to get it out the way before June! 

Morning all. Today has been a trial so far. Gumby jr woke up with what I can only describe as satanic possession. Kicking, screaming, shouting, flailing, you name it. Everything I did was wrong, from suggesting we get him dressed to cutting his toast into triangles rather than squares! I've never been so happy to drop him off at preschool. Of course, he trotted off looking happy as anything without so much as a backwards glance. 

And.........breathe!

Grey and dull here today, but an odd patch of blue trying to appear. 

Hope everyone's doing well out there. 

35 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Morning all. Today has been a trial so far. Gumby jr woke up with what I can only describe as satanic possession. Kicking, screaming, shouting, flailing, you name it. Everything I did was wrong, from suggesting we get him dressed to cutting his toast into triangles rather than squares! I've never been so happy to drop him off at preschool. Of course, he trotted off looking happy as anything without so much as a backwards glance. 

And.........breathe!

Grey and dull here today, but an odd patch of blue trying to appear. 

Hope everyone's doing well out there. 

Oh dear!! At least he went to pre school ok and didnt make a fuss about that!! Cup of tea and a bit of a sit down for you then? :)

2 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Oh dear!! At least he went to pre school ok and didnt make a fuss about that!! Cup of tea and a bit of a sit down for you then? :)

He made plenty of fuss about getting ready, but thankfully he was fine once we got there! 

I don't like tea, but I've just sat down with a hot chocolate to watch an episode of War & Peace that I recorded but hadn't got round to yet. Seems quite fitting! 

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Morning all. Today has been a trial so far. Gumby jr woke up with what I can only describe as satanic possession. Kicking, screaming, shouting, flailing, you name it

Every morning in our house.

My wife insists I go to work regardless.....

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

He made plenty of fuss about getting ready, but thankfully he was fine once we got there! 

I don't like tea, but I've just sat down with a hot chocolate to watch an episode of War & Peace that I recorded but hadn't got round to yet. Seems quite fitting! 

I am loving War and Peace! Saves reading the book too :)

It's still blue skies here today, I just checked the weather though and it/s not very nice for tomorrow! 

40 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I am loving War and Peace! Saves reading the book too

I read it years ago when I was studying literature. I'm enjoying the series, but a few of the actors seem not quite right to me. I suppose that's the problem with dramatising a book, everyone who's read it will have their own idea of how the characters look, sound and move. None of them are as bad as Keanu Reeves in Dracula, though, so that's a plus! 

16 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Not sure but I can't use my phone at my desk and being a dirty smoker I get 3 short breaks rather than one big one. So thats why i rarely post here during the day at work. 

I'll have a think, time to work things out cos I think the data from a different country will either cos one or both of us a lot. 

Just a text saying I'm lying in my bed in a non filthy way would probably suffice for me to dash to the loo and do a Woffy. :D

I presume you get data with your phone? If so, an FB messenger message, or whatsapp, BBM etc wouldn't cost like a text, arrive quickly and allow more text easily, wouldn't it?

45 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I read it years ago when I was studying literature. I'm enjoying the series, but a few of the actors seem not quite right to me. I suppose that's the problem with dramatising a book, everyone who's read it will have their own idea of how the characters look, sound and move. None of them are as bad as Keanu Reeves in Dracula, though, so that's a plus! 

I've not read Dracula either but yes, I know what you mean!! I always get annoyed at any version of Dorian Gray as that is my favourite novel. 

Sun still shining, btw. WOO!

11 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I've not read Dracula either but yes, I know what you mean!! I always get annoyed at any version of Dorian Gray as that is my favourite novel. 

Sun still shining, btw. WOO!

If you like Dorian Gray, you should definitely read Dracula! 

Hello lovely people, sorry not posted for ages. I have been (and still am) in a weird place, and have missed you guys.  I've only partially caught up, but hope you're all keeping well, especially those of you who've been dealt such a shitty hand recently.

Good things are: youngest is having online tuition at home and doing well; school and outreach education service are being really supportive to us; the meeting I had with deputy head and various others involved in last term's nightmare went better than I could have hoped and lots of my comments and suggestions for change are being taken on board, including proper procedures for other schools with students living outside their area; eldest is happy and getting uni offers; I have wonderful friends, family and colleagues; we've discovered 'The Bridge' and are totally addicted, almost at the end of the box-set binge - I just love Saga Noren; we have tickets for the best fest in the world.

Not so good:  youngest may have Asperger's, which would certainly explain his massive anxiety about being around people when he doesn't understand social interaction; my whole life pretty much revolves around his needs, making sure he logs on for tuition, taking him to appointments, helping him with work (he's really bright but hard to motivate);  it's costing us a fortune in private psych fees as 12 month wait for CAMHS isn't an option; I have no idea when he'll go back to school, maybe not for 18 months; eldest has A2 exam on the morning of  monday 27th june (what are they thinking?);  now I'm no longer angry with the school I am free to feel the magnitude of what youngest has lost and I feel wretched.

Apart from that, all is fine..

10 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovely people, sorry not posted for ages. I have been (and still am) in a weird place, and have missed you guys.  I've only partially caught up, but hope you're all keeping well, especially those of you who've been dealt such a shitty hand recently.

Good things are: youngest is having online tuition at home and doing well; school and outreach education service are being really supportive to us; the meeting I had with deputy head and various others involved in last term's nightmare went better than I could have hoped and lots of my comments and suggestions for change are being taken on board, including proper procedures for other schools with students living outside their area; eldest is happy and getting uni offers; I have wonderful friends, family and colleagues; we've discovered 'The Bridge' and are totally addicted, almost at the end of the box-set binge - I just love Saga Noren; we have tickets for the best fest in the world.

Not so good:  youngest may have Asperger's, which would certainly explain his massive anxiety about being around people when he doesn't understand social interaction; my whole life pretty much revolves around his needs, making sure he logs on for tuition, taking him to appointments, helping him with work (he's really bright but hard to motivate);  it's costing us a fortune in private psych fees as 12 month wait for CAMHS isn't an option; I have no idea when he'll go back to school, maybe not for 18 months; eldest has A2 exam on the morning of  monday 27th june (what are they thinking?);  now I'm no longer angry with the school I am free to feel the magnitude of what youngest has lost and I feel wretched.

You shouldn't feel wretched, you should feel proud. Proud of the fact that when it was your turn to walk up to the mark for your youngest that you did so. Not everybody gets blessed by such actions. Your one of the good moms, so give yourself a break. 

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You shouldn't feel wretched, you should feel proud. Proud of the fact that when it was your turn to walk up to the mark for your youngest that you did so. Not everybody gets blessed by such actions. Your one of the good moms, so give yourself a break. 

This. Absolutely this. Well said, Yog. 

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks Yog.  I know you're right really but so depleted after running on empty for 4 months,  I think it'll take a long time to get back up.

23 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Big warm handshake, you've got a lot done, and I hope you're getting support for you, as a parent. I don't like labels, but if it is diagnosed as Asperger's, will that help your son understand himself better and allow a focus? Sorry, don't mean to pry, but reading around this, quite a few people were relieved they had diagnoses and could find out more about it.

2 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Big warm handshake, you've got a lot done, and I hope you're getting support for you, as a parent. I don't like labels, but if it is diagnosed as Asperger's, will that help your son understand himself better and allow a focus? Sorry, don't mean to pry, but reading around this, quite a few people were relieved they had diagnoses and could find out more about it.

I think it could really help as it would make sense of a lot for him and he can learn to work with the way his brain's wired rather than fighting it. TBH the whole family (including yours truly) are pretty 'Aspie', but we've all found a niche.  Youngest appeared the most neurotypical so it's taken a while to emerge and meanwhile he's been struggling without us realising, which is the saddest thing.

45 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Here here. You deserve a nice break and i think the end of June will be perfect. 

Massive virtual hugs and hope everything gets easier for you and your family. :-)

NFR NFC X