NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

5 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Evening all

the ongoing find the ring saga continues, this afternoon I retraced my steps from last Saturday going in shops etc and asking if they had found any rings. Went into the farm shop and casually asked the ladies ( I go in there every week so they know me there) and yes they had found a white gold ring, not two as I had lost but one.. Lady trots off to a drawer they they pull out the aforementioned ring and hey presto , it was mine.... The one that really mattered, the one of huge sentimental value that was bought for me by someone no longer with us ..... I couldn't help by have a small tear there and then in the middle of the farm shop, and the lady behind the till welled up too (oops) 

they had found it whilst sweeping up ..... Unbelievable.  Still not found ring number two, probable that that one fell out of my purse either in the same shop and someone has picked it up or a different shop and the same has happened. That one will be an insurance claim as its expensive, but can be remade

i am so so happy,relieved and feel kind of compete again. Now I want to buy something small for the lovely lady that swept up my ring and put it in the drawer, not sure what to ge though ... They sell chocolates and flowers there so would be nice to be something other than that

Any thoughts ?

all your positive thought helped, thank you so much

FF

xx

Fad news so happy xx 

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Duly upvoted purely in celebration for your great news, SL! I am in such a fortunate position knowing that, provided I don't do anything truly awful (not impossible) or Jeremy Hunt (rhyming slang, clearly) doesn't completely destroy our beloved NHS (not in anyway unlikely), I am very secure in employment. The last little while must have been horrid for you, so I am pleased as punch that you're a bit more sorted now!

And your holiday suggestion sounds wonderful. If you find anything online, would you book a place for me too, please!

:)

Ben
x

Thank you Ben. I will make no secret about my love for the NHS, it is my no means perfect and sure there are plenty of things which could be improved. But I will always remember my nan telling me that the idea was a dream for her and when it became a reality despite all the opposition from the BMA and Tories, it is something that has transformed millions of lives. During her latter years, she spent a lot of time in and out of hospital and I am very grateful for the way that the nurses and care assistants made sure she kept her dignity and some quality of life at the end. It's a tough job and people deal with unpleasant tasks but you all do it with such patience and kindness.

Plus, I remember reading that we provide a health service for everyone who needs it, free at the point of use, for around £2,000 per capita. When you look at figures from the US, 45,000 preventable deaths occur annually because of uninsured residents. 

We live in a weird society, there aren't many institutions that are universal. I think I've mentioned it before - but I really do take my hat off to each and every person who works in the NHS, and please take time to get yourself a cup of tea during the day :)

5 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Evening all

the ongoing find the ring saga continues, this afternoon I retraced my steps from last Saturday going in shops etc and asking if they had found any rings. Went into the farm shop and casually asked the ladies ( I go in there every week so they know me there) and yes they had found a white gold ring, not two as I had lost but one.. Lady trots off to a drawer they they pull out the aforementioned ring and hey presto , it was mine.... The one that really mattered, the one of huge sentimental value that was bought for me by someone no longer with us ..... I couldn't help by have a small tear there and then in the middle of the farm shop, and the lady behind the till welled up too (oops) 

they had found it whilst sweeping up ..... Unbelievable.  Still not found ring number two, probable that that one fell out of my purse either in the same shop and someone has picked it up or a different shop and the same has happened. That one will be an insurance claim as its expensive, but can be remade

i am so so happy,relieved and feel kind of compete again. Now I want to buy something small for the lovely lady that swept up my ring and put it in the drawer, not sure what to ge though ... They sell chocolates and flowers there so would be nice to be something other than that

Any thoughts ?

FF

xx

Brilliant news FF! So pleased you found the sentimental ring :) I would go with the voucher route because for people on their feet all day, a little TLC can be nice.

As for the job - it's a marketing position at a company who manufacturer orthopaedics, breastcare, prosthetics and pressure care products and related services. It's walking distance from my house, well, I say that, I live at the top of a rather large hill in Sheffield but I plan on testing the theory of walking next week. The people seem nice and everyone was very friendly, compare that to some of the other interviews I have been in and the fact I just got a feeling that it wouldn't have been nice, I am hopeful that this job turns into quite a healthy career move.

Crikey - that was an essay and a half, thought my essay days were over after university ended 6 years ago!

FF, would it not occur to you that maybe both rings fell out but one possibly rolled under some shelving or such like? My logical brain is telling me that could easily happen but they found one when sweeping. I'd check in again when dropping gift and ask if they have come across the other one. 

Anyway lazy sunday here. Trying to muster up energy to take dogs out for a wander. Pretty hard when its filthy outside and cosy in my bed. 

Also very sad about Terry. Spent so many mornings chuckling driving to work with him on the radio. He was also hilarious on Eurovision. Thankfully last day of Jan. Hopefully new month will mean a stop to the RIPs. 

On 30 January 2016 at 6:51 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

Evening all

Any thoughts ?

FF

xx

Only just seen this - I can't tell you how much this made me smile, FF!

Absolutely delighted for you :):):)

Ben
x

22 hours ago, slodge said:

I still find it weird, we go to the local and there he is.  I so love the village.

simon old son next time can you buy him a pint and ask very nicely if PEARL JAM are on his list of must book  bands..........at least then ill know if its worth getting tixs again ,,,please

10 hours ago, H.M.V said:

FF, would it not occur to you that maybe both rings fell out but one possibly rolled under some shelving or such like? My logical brain is telling me that could easily happen but they found one when sweeping. I'd check in again when dropping gift and ask if they have come across the other one. 

Anyway lazy sunday here. Trying to muster up energy to take dogs out for a wander. Pretty hard when its filthy outside and cosy in my bed. 

Also very sad about Terry. Spent so many mornings chuckling driving to work with him on the radio. He was also hilarious on Eurovision. Thankfully last day of Jan. Hopefully new month will mean a stop to the RIPs. 

Thanks HMV, yes I'm going along the same route , going to ask the, if I can have a huge look around, plus put up a poster for a couple of weeks (just incase someone picked it up ) . I go in every week so they'll let me know, and I'll double check for a few weeks - thanks xx

Morning all, any ideas on when the sun is arriving up t'North?  We have a child at home with lurgy, and we all need some warmth today.  Courtney Barnett on the radio is adding to a festival feel though, and brightening up the start of the week. We had a bit of a party for the family yesterday, so if anyone fancies bratwurst in pastry spirals or hummus, we have loooooaaaaadddds of them left, and will be having canapés to use them up. ttfn.

I'm catching grief from MrsCJ as to why I didn't say ELO were performing, and can she have a ticket now please. This will be the second legend slot I'll have seen, what time are they on usually?  If Jeffie takes his aviator sunglasses, I'm sure we can blag access and pretend to be the band.

I didn`t bloody know ELO had that many good tunes, Been listening all morning and love a fair few of them so unless something huge is clashing i think i,ll be there with me Rum or Brandy and a few huge Jamaican woodbines. :beach:

Happy Monday everyone X X X

1 hour ago, tommywillo said:

I didn`t bloody know ELO had that many good tunes, Been listening all morning and love a fair few of them so unless something huge is clashing i think i,ll be there with me Rum or Brandy and a few huge Jamaican woodbines. :beach:

I'm still 50-50 whether I want to see them. I find Mr Blue Sky intensely irritating, but they've done a few good tunes. Planning to borrow the greatest hits from the in-laws, to help me decide. Can't deny it's a decent booking, though. Plenty of efesters who'll be chuffed about it. 

33 minutes ago, mr gumby said:
33 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I'm still 50-50 whether I want to see them. I find Mr Blue Sky intensely irritating, but they've done a few good tunes. Planning to borrow the greatest hits from the in-laws, to help me decide. Can't deny it's a decent booking, though. Plenty of efesters who'll be chuffed about it. 

I was very surprised by them gumball and as i said if someone pops up that i like they may be pushed aside, i,m a bit crap with music and stuck in my ways bigtime (had some crackin recommendations from Thurlow and a few others from here) i`m also loving Sigur Ros at the mo (proper chill out stuff) , Didn't know ELO had that many good tunes and i really am impressed, :).

Looking forward to tea time Gumball matey, frozen pizza for me tonight (too much shit going on and no time)

Praise the weather Gods, NFR NFC x

2 hours ago, tommywillo said:

Their albums tend to be £5-£10 pounds in charity shops and record fairs, so nice to pick up cheaply.

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

He played that last of all on the BBC concert, so you should get 35 minutes of hits and 'It's great to be here' before that comes on.

Pretty happy about ELO being announced. I really liked them for periods in my youth - had A New World Record on pretty much continuous rotation for a while. Whether or not I'll watch them in June will be very much line-up dependent, but the idea of seeing the legend slot is quite appealing, and there are very ew bands/artists likely to play that slot that could tempt me there!

RunBennyRun blog for today:

Session:  Track 3 x 1600m at 5m57s (with warm up and down)

Impression: last one hurt again. Quite a lot. But the track sessions are definitely feeling as if I'm getting better!

love

Ben
x

34 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Their albums tend to be £5-£10 pounds in charity shops and record fairs, so nice to pick up cheaply.

Thank you very much for the tip Cj much appreciated, :)

However with me working my feckin life away i never have time to get out and buy music although i do prefer physical copies of anything media and entertainment i now have spotify premium (bloody loving it btw) so i can still listen to whoever i want without having to arrange time to go shopping so i,m a very happy lad. :D

Just now, tommywillo said:

Thank you very much for the tip Cj much appreciated, :)

However with me working my feckin life away i never have time to get out and buy music although i do prefer physical copies of anything media and entertainment i now have spotify premium (bloody loving it btw) so i can still listen to whoever i want without having to arrange time to go shopping so i,m a very happy lad. :D

Spotifys a great way to help you decided what to buy