Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Always thinking of the positives Ben, I like it. 

I am no longer unemployed, I start my new job on the 9th of Feb. Special thanks to you all for the support and allowing to me have an outlet for my ranting. 

Congrats sheffield lady and good luck in your new job :)

7 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

I am no longer unemployed, I start my new job on the 9th of Feb. Special thanks to you all for the support and allowing to me have an outlet for my ranting. 

Thats my birthday. Its a good day innit! Congrats. Firm believer in the power of positive thinking. Hurrah for you!!! 

Evening all hope you're all well,

Why not a bit of jamaican woodbine every night? It helps to calm me down from all the excitement and the long day and night an what ave you (wink wink nudge nudge) Absolutely can't frickin wait to see who the big suprises are. There's always one or two. 

Good luck with exam Cj, 6 weeks is 6 weeks closer to that there party in some sweet place called Pilton and i.m sure you have kicked it ass matey ;-) fingers and toes are crossed.

If i don't get on have a fantastic weekend everyone. Nothing but love

NFR NFC

21 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Now thats fantastic news very happy for you SL well done to you. 

That's good news SL! Is it something you don't mind doing? 

Well I've been on the wine this evening, after a nice Indian takeaway. Now it's Bond on to and more wine! Woo! Must get up tomorrow though and do a big house clean, maybe more wine for that?! 

Hope everyone is having a lovely Friday eve, and not getting blown away in the wind outside! I'm a bit scared I'd end up in Oz if I opened the front door! 

8 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

Brilliant news. Have you got your June holiday booked yet??

Congratulations. Sheffieldlady , great news :-)

After a dry January I was on a coach pub crawl last night, with the roller derby team, in full Derby gear ( no skates ), this morning I am thinking I never want to drink again".......... Till next weekend. 

Miserable day outside today :-( loads of chores to do today but hoping for the same miserable weather tomorrow so that I can go to yoga then come back and do absolutely nothing :-) 

Have a great Saturday everyone 

FFxxx

4 hours ago, carlosj said:

Brilliant news. Have you got your June holiday booked yet??

I have been struggling, what I am after is something UK based which will allow me to drink a lot, sleep in a tent, ideally in a farmers field and watch some bands and talk to wonderful strangers? I dont suppose anyone knows anywhere like that do they? End of June if at all possible!

15 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

Duly upvoted purely in celebration for your great news, SL! I am in such a fortunate position knowing that, provided I don't do anything truly awful (not impossible) or Jeremy Hunt (rhyming slang, clearly) doesn't completely destroy our beloved NHS (not in anyway unlikely), I am very secure in employment. The last little while must have been horrid for you, so I am pleased as punch that you're a bit more sorted now!

And your holiday suggestion sounds wonderful. If you find anything online, would you book a place for me too, please!

:)

Ben
x

RunBennyRun blog news, run-fans.

Today's session:  Long Run - 11 miles

Impression:   Once again I find myself struggling to discipline myself not to run too fast on these long runs. They're supposed to be at no more than, and ideally a bit slower than, your proposed marathon pace. Today's was, in an evolving theme, a fair bit quicker than proposed marathon pace. Whilst that might seem good and make you feel great about it, the truth is that I know I can't sustain that for the whole race. I really do need to try to be more disciplined. Two weeks from today my run will be the furthest I have ever run. In my life. Eek!

Ben
xx

22 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Impression:   Once again I find myself struggling to discipline myself not to run too fast on these long runs. They're supposed to be at no more than, and ideally a bit slower than, your proposed marathon pace. Today's was, in an evolving theme, a fair bit quicker than proposed marathon pace. Whilst that might seem good and make you feel great about it, the truth is that I know I can't sustain that for the whole race. I really do need to try to be more disciplined. Two weeks from today my run will be the furthest I have ever run. In my life. Eek!

Ben
xx

Keep it up Doc you`re doing so well mate, :bow::thumbsu:

26 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben
xx

Well done benissimo! Maybe you can't keep that pace up for the whole race, but a fast pace for a shorter distance will still help you over all with stamina. At least that's what helped me when I did half marathons. There should be markers on the course to check your times on for self correction (ooer missus).

My afternoon session was getting the papers and a vanilla slice. Time for a coffee.

43 minutes ago, tommywillo said:

Keep it up Doc you`re doing so well mate, :bow::thumbsu:

Thanks, Tommyboy!

28 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Well done benissimo! Maybe you can't keep that pace up for the whole race, but a fast pace for a shorter distance will still help you over all with stamina. At least that's what helped me when I did half marathons. There should be markers on the course to check your times on for self correction (ooer missus).

My afternoon session was getting the papers and a vanilla slice. Time for a coffee.

I LOVE traybakes, but never been a vanilla slice guy. My 14 year old would crawl over broken glass for a vanilla slice!

I know pace is good, carlos, but my 'tempo' runs do that for me. I genuinely need to try not to run so quickly on these long ones - if for no other reason than to ensure I recover well for the next run! Monday brings 4 x 1600m track repeats. Ouch.

:)

Ben

PS - happy birthday for last week!

50 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Slice, slice, baby. 

(Vanilla) slice, slice, baby. 

Youre welcome! :) 

Evening all

the ongoing find the ring saga continues, this afternoon I retraced my steps from last Saturday going in shops etc and asking if they had found any rings. Went into the farm shop and casually asked the ladies ( I go in there every week so they know me there) and yes they had found a white gold ring, not two as I had lost but one.. Lady trots off to a drawer they they pull out the aforementioned ring and hey presto , it was mine.... The one that really mattered, the one of huge sentimental value that was bought for me by someone no longer with us ..... I couldn't help by have a small tear there and then in the middle of the farm shop, and the lady behind the till welled up too (oops) 

they had found it whilst sweeping up ..... Unbelievable.  Still not found ring number two, probable that that one fell out of my purse either in the same shop and someone has picked it up or a different shop and the same has happened. That one will be an insurance claim as its expensive, but can be remade

i am so so happy,relieved and feel kind of compete again. Now I want to buy something small for the lovely lady that swept up my ring and put it in the drawer, not sure what to ge though ... They sell chocolates and flowers there so would be nice to be something other than that

Any thoughts ?

all your positive thought helped, thank you so much

FF

xx

Edited by Funkyfairy!

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Evening all

the ongoing find the ring saga continues, this afternoon I retraced my steps from last Saturday going in shops etc and asking if they had found any rings. Went into the farm shop and casually asked the ladies ( I go in there every week so they know me there) and yes they had found a white gold ring, not two as I had lost but one.. Lady trots off to a drawer they they pull out the aforementioned ring and hey presto , it was mine.... The one that really mattered, the one of huge sentimental value that was bought for me by someone no longer with us ..... I couldn't help by have a small tear there and then in the middle of the farm shop, and the lady behind the till welled up too (oops) 

they had found it whilst sweeping up ..... Unbelievable.  Still not found ring number two, probable that that one fell out of my purse either in the same shop and someone has picked it up or a different shop and the same has happened. That one will be an insurance claim as its expensive, but can be remade

i am so so happy,relieved and feel kind of compete again. Now I want to buy something small for the lovely lady that swept up my ring and put it in the drawer, not sure what to ge though ... They sell chocolates and flowers there so would be nice to be something other than that

Any thoughts ?

FF

xx

That's brilliant news, FF! The big difficulty with insurance is they just can't put a price on memories. We were burgled several years ago, and although we got replacements for most things that were taken, the things that hurt were a few items of jewellery that were worth very little, money-wise, but had been given to mrs gumby by her nan. Obviously I hope the other one turns up too, but so glad you've found the one with the memories attached. 

No idea on the present suggestions, I'm afraid. Being male, my list runs out after flowers and chocolates! 

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Evening all

Any thoughts ?

FF

xx

That's a lovely ending to your stress and upset :-)  great news FF, what about a nice fancy wine glass that way every time she has a lil tipple she can remember your super happy face when she passed you it back. I would have squeezed the frickin life out of her. 

Have a lovely weekend all. 

NFR NFC X

4 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Evening all

Any thoughts ?

FF

xx

Brilliant news!! The only suggestion I can make is a card saying what the ring means to you and why she's been great, and a big bunch of flowers for her honesty. I hope you get the insurance sorted on the other ring too x

4 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Evening all

Any thoughts ?

FF

xx

Maybe a voucher for a meal out or a cinema ticket?