Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Good afternoon from the w*t and windy south! I got woken up by the r**n twice last night. I hope this counts as good sacrifice for a dry Glastonbury! 

Off to choir tonight, the patient is doing well so I can leave him for a bit! 

Wash your mouth out! 

Brrr, it's cold! And my internet is playing up, spent the last hour on the phone to BT turning on and off my router. I have tried that before calling you, it's obviously not working. They are going to call me back. I have another interview tomorrow (I'm pretended my life is like a boring film, I go to interviews, get rejected, I'm waiting for my magic number of 24... like 24 Dresses! Only difference is I'm calling my film 24 Interviews and just releasing it on Netflix and hoping for the best) got sidetracked a little there.. although, I would consider a blog on my job search. So far I have been rejected for not being a Christian, having the wrong ethos, not having industry experience, having to much industry experience and not fitting in with the company. I also have endured the job centre which feels like a comedy sketch set in the 90s. I'm waiting for the TV crew to jump out on me and tell me my life is actually a TV show.

Went to Anfield yesterday to see Liverpool go through to the final, have to say, it was, as always, a frustrating match to watch. Made even worse with Woodhead pass being closed due to winds, so had to take Snake home, it awful rain and winds. That's as exciting as my life has got.

54 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Brrr, it's cold! And my internet is playing up, spent the last hour on the phone to BT turning on and off my router. I have tried that before calling you, it's obviously not working. They are going to call me back. I have another interview tomorrow (I'm pretended my life is like a boring film, I go to interviews, get rejected, I'm waiting for my magic number of 24... like 24 Dresses! Only difference is I'm calling my film 24 Interviews and just releasing it on Netflix and hoping for the best) got sidetracked a little there.. although, I would consider a blog on my job search. So far I have been rejected for not being a Christian, having the wrong ethos, not having industry experience, having to much industry experience and not fitting in with the company. I also have endured the job centre which feels like a comedy sketch set in the 90s. I'm waiting for the TV crew to jump out on me and tell me my life is actually a TV show.

Went to Anfield yesterday to see Liverpool go through to the final, have to say, it was, as always, a frustrating match to watch. Made even worse with Woodhead pass being closed due to winds, so had to take Snake home, it awful rain and winds. That's as exciting as my life has got.

Good luck in the interview tomorrow :)

4 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

You keep your chin up an keep cracking on matey. Dont let the mofos get you down. Fingers and toes will be crossed for you. Virtual hugs kidda.

And aye you kopites are all the same. Lol. You got through to a bloody final you should be doin backflips i'm very happy for use and hope we get there with ya. I.m praying my nuts off ere and my arse is twitching like a little wabbits nose.

Hello Th havnt seen ya round hope you're doin well mucker?

Gumbo i've had me tea tonight mate nice one anyway dude your a good lad.

Hope everyones good. Nothing but love.

NFR NFC

Hang in there, SL. You're clearly lovely (and not a Christian, bonus (sorry to anyone that I need to be sorry to for that!)) and something good will come soon.

Self-indulgent stop-by after a bonkers busy day for the RunBennyRun blog for tonight:

Session:  Tempo Run - 6 miles: 1 mile easy, 4 miles at 'Mid-tempo' = 7m01s per mile, 1 mile easy

Impression: Good run. Actually did the 3rd and 4th 'tempo' miles quite a bit quicker.

Long run on Saturday - 11 miles

Better, less self-indulgent posts tomorrow!

:)

Ben

36 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Morning all. 

Today I have bronchitis and a grumpy toddler. Good times! 

My tired mind read that as broccolitis - which sounds like a terrible disease. Hope you feel better soon, sure toddler will be happy again soon. Put in the night garden on, that seems to cheer them up! My parenting knowledge is somewhat limited though.

Happy birthday to you carlosj hope you have a crackin day.

And heres hopibg you get well soon Gumball. Try vicks in a pan of boiling water and then throw a towel over your head and breath in the fumes. It.ll help clear your chest a bit mate. I agree with SL a bit of igglepiggle will sort junior out. Lol. 

Have a lovely day everyone.

NFR NFC

Thanks peeps. I managed to cheer gumby jr up by reminding him he would be going to preschool in a bit, and I got him to cooperate by reminding him he couldn't go if he wasn't ready in time! I generally try to avoid threats and bribes as parenting tools, but sometimes they just work so well! 

Cheers folks! Today, my body is working from home, but my brain is nowhere to be seen. I cannot concentrate on work after reading through loads of reports yesterday on a screen, my birthday today (some album shaped pressies, and hopefully black and white samurai films - my best presents are from bargain bins), and an exam tomorrow, but - after that, I get my life back, I'm off to the coast for the day with MrsCJ, a family party on Sunday and then work and DIY from next week. (Trust me, after what I've had to do, that will be a blast).

Sorry to hear about your broccoli-itis Mr G

oh yeah, there is that get together isn't there?

SHOWBIZ GLASTONBURY 2

WOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOO

Happy birthday Carlosj. 

That's festival looks tiny, look at how small it is.. I've always wondered why there are so many blue tents? Is blue cheaper to produce or just expected? Does having a blue tent make it less hot in the mornings? 

1 interview down, 1 to go today. Both have had presentations and tasks to prepare for. Not having a job seems more fun then it actually is. I feel like I'm doing work for free 50% of the time. It's alright. I have a good feeling about today!