NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

20 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Morning all, you are right Sheff it is like therapy and as dizzy said above it is nice to come in here to get away from a lot of the horrible people in the real world - we mustn't forget there are lots of lovely people out there in real life too. And you lot are all lovely !

Glad you are feeling better Lucy & hope things get sorted with your son dizzy. I am v tired today work night out last night not in bed until 2 (thankfully not too much to drink) then I have a weekend "cottaging" with some girlfriends up in the wilds where it is most likely going to snow  best buy more wine in case we get snowed in! Missing my boys though said goodbye to them yesterday morning and won't see them until Sunday.

happy Friday everyone xx

cottaging with girls?  never heard of that one before!

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Treated myself to thai van food for todays dinner....its lovely but got really busy since making it to number 1 on tripadvisor and getting some publicity from that

Wanted padthai but that would of been a hour and a half wait....luckily i like just about everthing they do so ive gone with the beef panang

How the hell does Pad Thai take an hour and a half?

When I got that from a street vendor in Bangkok, it took less than a minute! Possibly the best 30p I've ever spent, too :) 

Just had a shower and was thinking, I find the shower a great place to think......

I so want to spend my nights at GF at JP, Park and West Holts out of the bigger stages... but would not mind being somewhere like the Glade either.

Trouble is the Eavii will pull a rabbit out the hat and serve me up something Pyramid shaped that I just want to see.

5 minutes ago, slodge said:

Question, any one else when they go to add a post to efests have the previous post and have to delete it before you can type anything.

that only happens to me if i have previously quoted a post in that particular thread, but not followed through and posted it.  the site now seems to remember, where as before the update it would have just reset it.

hope that makes sense.

17 minutes ago, mattyc1965 said:

Just had a shower and was thinking, I find the shower a great place to think......

I so want to spend my nights at GF at JP, Park and West Holts out of the bigger stages... but would not mind being somewhere like the Glade either.

Trouble is the Eavii will pull a rabbit out the hat and serve me up something Pyramid shaped that I just want to see.

i'd only bother with the JP if there's something i wanted to see.  it's a fairly unexceptional big tent like any other.  the only headline set ive ever seen there was DJ Shadow in 2011, while the masses were getting wet and bored watching U2.

don't think i've ever seen a Park headliner, but i've seen more West Holts headliners than i care to remember, but then the music there is more up my street than the other big stages.

Just now, slodge said:

It does make sense, I dare not quote anyone's post as that stays there as well and you can't delete it.  Just checked and the post I typed this morning was on the forum.

bit frustrating but I am sure I will find a solution or a work around.  

you can delete quoted posts, but i've found i have to click under the quoted post box and delete from there, sometimes twice if it just skips back up to the text.  bit frustrating, as you say.

31 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

you can delete quoted posts, but i've found i have to click under the quoted post box and delete from there, sometimes twice if it just skips back up to the text.  bit frustrating, as you say.

All what Yeti has said is, I think, spot on.......... it seems a bit more fiddly to quote then delete quotes etc but I think it is cos we are just used to something different.