• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello lovely people, great spirit on this thread, in contrast to intolerance of the 'real' world out there. Hope those of you who've been under the weather are feeling better.  Tommy,  really sorry about your uncle. Lots of love and support heading your way.

Speaking of intolerance, I seem to be turning into Victor Meldrew, sending out grumpy emails in all directions. Latest to Head  teacher whose letter to parents on attendance couldn't have been worse timed, apologising that my child's mental health problems are affecting the school's absence figures. For fucks sake. (decided to leave that last bit out).  We visited the school which might offer the right environment, and it could be ideal as it's so different, but could just as easily freak him out.  So now more pressure as they want him to start there within 2 weeks and he can't decide if he'll be able to cope.

Aaargh I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna stand for this no more.

Or something like that.

5 hours ago, lucyginger said:

How lovely! Sparrowhawks are super. I live by the woods and I know they nest there, I have been there almost 6 years and only seen one once.

I regularly see a sparrowhawk hunting in our garden.  Have seen it catch pigeons, blackbirds and starlings, but not one sparrow.

Morning folks.

hope everyone is good and you have fun weekends arranged.

we are back in Basingstoke this weekend visiting my mum and friends supposed to be sleeping in the camper overnight, not sure that will be happening tho as its looking decidedly chilly.

after a week of things breaking I have decided nothing will break or go wrong today, here's hoping anyway.

hugs

Morning! 

Feeling much better today, still got a bit of a cough/cold but I think we're going for a curry tonight so that should help shift the last of the snots!! 

Only got one heater on at home, might have to put another on tonight if it's going to get colder. I am a fan of the hot water bottle and blanket combo though instead! So much cheaper! 

Slodge hope the visit to B'stoke isnt too freezing, now you're a Somerset lad! ;) 

Just catching up with threads on this forum after a week or so away from the world of forums / having time to read things! Tommy, very sorry to hear about your uncle. Big love to you and the rest of your family! 

The events that happened in Paris, and elsewhere worldwide often on a daily basis, sent me into a little bit of a panic on Friday. I have a French friend who loves Eagles of death metal and had a ticket to go to the show that evening, but for whatever reason, he never made it out from his friends apartment in Paris. He has vowed to live his life to the fullest - believes he was given a second chance at life! 

I also enjoyed Everything Everything on Monday and Frank Turner last night. Although, I have come to realise that even after 27 years on this wonderful and horrible planet (both at the same time) that people can be utter arseholes. Now, I know, that my appearance seems to be a fair game comment for everyone - I'm not pretty, hot, etc. I am average, and, would say my face is manly. But please, I don't need random strangers being horrible to me, especially at a gig like Frank Turner. A guy who aims for everyone to be equal at his gigs and for people to be nice. Is it so hard for people just to think "Maybe she's a nice person" or just not to judge someone by their appearance? In all my years on this planet, not once have I felt the need to judge someone on how they look. People have feelings and when you're horrible to someone you don't know, it upsets them. I wish I had thicker skin but I don't. You can only cope with so much negative comments from strangers before you explode! Thankfully, I have a great set of friends, family and other half - who, for whatever reason, loves me just the way I am!

I think I am finished. Like therapy this thread isn't it?

12 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Just catching up with threads on this forum after a week or so away from the world of forums / having time to read things! Tommy, very sorry to hear about your uncle. Big love to you and the rest of your family! 

The events that happened in Paris, and elsewhere worldwide often on a daily basis, sent me into a little bit of a panic on Friday. I have a French friend who loves Eagles of death metal and had a ticket to go to the show that evening, but for whatever reason, he never made it out from his friends apartment in Paris. He has vowed to live his life to the fullest - believes he was given a second chance at life! 

I also enjoyed Everything Everything on Monday and Frank Turner last night. Although, I have come to realise that even after 27 years on this wonderful and horrible planet (both at the same time) that people can be utter arseholes. Now, I know, that my appearance seems to be a fair game comment for everyone - I'm not pretty, hot, etc. I am average, and, would say my face is manly. But please, I don't need random strangers being horrible to me, especially at a gig like Frank Turner. A guy who aims for everyone to be equal at his gigs and for people to be nice. Is it so hard for people just to think "Maybe she's a nice person" or just not to judge someone by their appearance? In all my years on this planet, not once have I felt the need to judge someone on how they look. People have feelings and when you're horrible to someone you don't know, it upsets them. I wish I had thicker skin but I don't. You can only cope with so much negative comments from strangers before you explode! Thankfully, I have a great set of friends, family and other half - who, for whatever reason, loves me just the way I am!

I think you're lovely, for what it's worth :) 

1 hour ago, sheffieldlady said:

Some people are horrible to others simply because they know no better.

If everyone treated everyone else how they themselves would like to be treated it would be such a wonderful thing.

This thread is therapy - for all who want it or need it.

Anyone and everyone is welcome and always will be - but that is pretty much how I live my life despite it having caused me many a hassle in the past. The day I change is the day I die.

Morning all, you are right Sheff it is like therapy and as dizzy said above it is nice to come in here to get away from a lot of the horrible people in the real world - we mustn't forget there are lots of lovely people out there in real life too. And you lot are all lovely !

Glad you are feeling better Lucy & hope things get sorted with your son dizzy. I am v tired today work night out last night not in bed until 2 (thankfully not too much to drink) then I have a weekend "cottaging" with some girlfriends up in the wilds where it is most likely going to snow  best buy more wine in case we get snowed in! Missing my boys though said goodbye to them yesterday morning and won't see them until Sunday.

happy Friday everyone xx

Treated myself to thai van food for todays dinner....its lovely but got really busy since making it to number 1 on tripadvisor and getting some publicity from that

Wanted padthai but that would of been a hour and a half wait....luckily i like just about everthing they do so ive gone with the beef panang

10 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Treated myself to thai van food for todays dinner....its lovely but got really busy since making it to number 1 on tripadvisor and getting some publicity from that

Wanted padthai but that would of been a hour and a half wait....luckily i like just about everthing they do so ive gone with the beef panang

Now I understand the noises coming from my belly.......

I had not realised it was lunchtime!