Worthy View is Excellent

tom22

Just wanted to say how impressed by Worthy View I was.

Have only camped in Pennards previously...but can't imagine going back now.

Only adds a 5 min walk onto the start & end of your day, and is next to the amazing Strummerville area ...The tents are all good size, could have had 5 in our 4 man one, and there's a metre of space at least in all directions between the tents and wide avenues between each row so loads of space for chairs, barbecues etc. There's FLUSHING toilets which are in good condition 24/7. There's food & drink and there's a brilliant view of the site, I wasn't kept up at all hours by the sound of NOS, and there's (probably) no tent thieves.

Really enjoyed it, highly recommended and well worth my £125 extra.

I am so happy I was at Worthy View. Absolutely no regrets. I think it was worth it for the showers alone, and the fact that there probably aren't any thieves around up there. We didn't really spend any time up there apart from sleeping -- probably four-five hours a night? :)

I don't think I'll go back to regular camping. The lack of stress of putting up the tent etc is a big win. The hill was a bit annoying at 5am but it only took a few mins to conquer it. And the mindless chat with other randomers struggling up was fun.

Anyone else think the place was 49% Kiwi / 49% Scouse / 2% everything else?

Loved the showers and the space but unfortunately were next to some right w*nkers who were on it outside there tents from 3am to when we we went down to the site at 11am.

Row C3 192 if it was you. Tosspots.

I had a similar annoyance this year - no need for this - there is a quiet policy after 1am and why would you trudge up that hill unless you were ready for bed! Inconsiderate knobheads.

Really enjoyed WV this year. Had an 8 man scout between 4 of us. Plenty of space. Short walk to car, so could bring our own cooking gear for brekkie. Lovely neighbours - big shout out to TJ and his mum and dad. Hardly any queue for the showers in the morning. Staff all friendly. And didn't have the Hell Stage blaring out until 6am on Sat night either (did they do something with the sound management this year? van imagine some people living in East Pennards would have had a major issue last year).

But.....we saw a big group of lads whose 8 man scout tents looked like landfill sites. Wouldn't have liked to be camped next to them!!

The podpad shook every time the main Arcadia explosion went off, I think i'll do it again but in a tent.  The podpad was good but after seeing the tents I don't think there would be a benefit as you're still on an airbed.

Some of the tents were right next too a generator though - would not have been happy in one of those!

The climb wasn't too bad if you planned ahead a bit, I kept a load of stuff in the lockups to change for the evening so I don't have to climb to the top just to get a hoodie.

Huge huge credit to the Worthy View team, it was really excellent, especially as you have Strummerville right next door for a last minute night cap.

Benefits:

- Showers / flushing toilets in excellent condition throughout

- Amazing vista view of the festival from the bar / food area

- Incredible ease of entering / leaving the site - zero queue

- No lugging tents around - I was in podpad which was great

- Friendly staff everywhere

- Location next to my favourite areas of the festival - green futures, stone circle, Park

Downs:

- Hill of Death don't even compare to that bad boy - but at least we'll go home fitter

:music: 

That's interesting, I absolutely hated it even though I recognised that the organisation was good and it was probably mainly because we had some awful, gobsh*te neighbours.

The showers were absolutely amazing, but other than that our tent was as far back as it was possible to get which made the trek up even more debilitating and my girlfriend had her 'Kanye please fund my PhD' flag stolen almost certainly by the arseholes next to us who clearly took exception to one of our campers telling them, very politely, if they could keep the noise down at about 3am when they were shouting their heads off. It was almost worse that they returned it on the Sunday night. How low can you get?

If I ever find out who Daryll is, I will kill him.

Why do people like that stay in Worthy View? Totally ruined the experience up there which may have been very different otherwise.

Edited by SimplyFred

Yep and I have to say all the staff were absolutely lovely despite there being only so much they could do about it, on another year our experience would have been very different I'm sure.

Didn't really think that much to the eating places up there either, the queues seemed pretty massive most of the time which I guess is inevitable. The cheesey bubble and squeak from Wakey Wakey was nice mind!

had a very good time there in a podpad. just disappointed that they were not solar powered and so didn't have the led lightning and 12v.

very quite and climbing up the hill is not that hard. hill of very little death I would say. the toilets are just the best that can happen if you check out the ones in the festival itself. 

didn't eat there as there was always a queue. loved the pub tent, good ales and no queues at all.  :good: 

I thought the location was excellent and the car park so near was well the £25 for car parking... great walk through the tipi fields through the park, but i have to say the toilets and showers in the Tangerine Fields is a far better experience than Worthy View, having to wait 30-40 mins to use a toilet became somewhat testing, i obvioulsy would expect this camping in the main arena, but not for a "glamping experience" with that said i will probably stay here again... and have to push through the "testing" wait for access to the toilets and showers, even if the hilll got harder and harder as the weekend went on... :)

I found WV great again this year. Only increase in the main toilets was an additional urinal unit. Didn't notice many others around. Lots more food places this year but seemed a lot busier than last year (even though less places last year) loved the EPO wrist band system again and hope they stick with it. Getting in and out was a breeze. I was disappointed with the amount of mess some people left around their tents, considering you don't have to put a tent away you think they would be cleaner when leaving but there you go.

I am so happy I was at Worthy View. Absolutely no regrets. I think it was worth it for the showers alone, and the fact that there probably aren't any thieves around up there. We didn't really spend any time up there apart from sleeping -- probably four-five hours a night? :)

I don't think I'll go back to regular camping. The lack of stress of putting up the tent etc is a big win. The hill was a bit annoying at 5am but it only took a few mins to conquer it. And the mindless chat with other randomers struggling up was fun.

Anyone else think the place was 49% Kiwi / 49% Scouse / 2% everything else?

I was up there this year & I'm from the Wirral so my accent sounds Scouse, weirdly... my neighbours were from Aus :lol:  You weren't in a Bell tent by any chance?

Definitely recommend WV, although we had a bit of a bad experience with our tents - arrived to find them totally flooded, the guy ropes hadn't been put in properly (or someone had unpegged them).

Tried to ask for help (or a mop) from the info point twice, an hour apart, but as everyone was arriving it was busy and nobody came or contacted us. Meant we had to hang about for a couple of hours waiting instead of joining friends inside the festival, and eventually had to use all our towels and cups to mop the tents out. Also got nervous every time it rained in case it happened again!

Bit of a pain, especially considering one of our reasons for staying there was to avoid this sort of thing happening, but I guess it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things!

Another slight annoyance - the shuttle bus to the coach station was enormous on Monday AM and the stewards didn't have much of a clue on how long it would take. A pregnant lady in front of us had arrived 2hours before her coach departure and was told the only way she could guarantee it was to walk over the site with all her stuff. I guess these things are hard to predict but a bit more pre-warning about this would have been handy in advance. I can see why people abandon so much camping equipment if they know they have to do a big hike back to the coaches. We also ended up walking across the site, it took about 45mins I reckon, and was interesting to see everything starting to be packed up.

Enjoyed the semi-clean toilets, and the breakfasts were good, although had to queue half an hour one morning (probably my timing more than anything). And the climb wasn't as bad as it looked!

1st time in WV for me and I loved it. We were in a squirt riiight at the back so it was lovely and quiet and all our neighbours were really cool and friendly. Shame the nearest toilets were a bit of a trek. Loved the people helping you carry your stuff to the tent! Did not expect that!

The queues for the showers were silly though. I never had one as I imagined it would waste 2 hours of my valuable festival time waiting to have one. Every time we walked past they were queued right to the end of the building. If I'm wrong let me know and next year I'll stand in it!

Oh how the post about the quaking pod pads made me laugh.

The main food tent had an amazing selection and the view over the site was incredible. A gorgeous way to finish the weekend off.

We'll be back!

1st time in WV for me and I loved it. We were in a squirt riiight at the back so it was lovely and quiet and all our neighbours were really cool and friendly. Shame the nearest toilets were a bit of a trek. Loved the people helping you carry your stuff to the tent! Did not expect that!

The queues for the showers were silly though. I never had one as I imagined it would waste 2 hours of my valuable festival time waiting to have one. Every time we walked past they were queued right to the end of the building. If I'm wrong let me know and next year I'll stand in it!

Oh how the post about the quaking pod pads made me laugh.

The main food tent had an amazing selection and the view over the site was incredible. A gorgeous way to finish the weekend off.

We'll be back!

I thought the queues this year were nothing like as bad as last year but they are definitely longer and much slower moving for girls.

I was delighted that I could have a shower every day this year.

WV takes a lot of the hassle away, especially for the likes of us that are flying over and can only take a certain amount of stuff.

I'll certainly stay again if I manage to get a ticket next year