Distance covered

alibear

Did anyone use a pedometer or similar to track distances covered? I remembered on Thursday that my phone has a health app, so was looking periodically. I averaged about 16km each day, or more than 20,000 steps - madness! 

We paid three visits to the night areas, the Park a couple of times, stone circle twice, West Holts/Avalon about three times... we were camped in Spring Ground so definitely trekked to most corners of the site.

The distances are probably a little off as some of the steps would have been me getting my groove on, but still proves how hard the festival is. Dis anyone else keep track?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I covered most distance yesterday - just over 35,000 steps. I probably would've been up for walking more but the hubby's in a wheelchair and it can be a bit of a bastard helping him up the hills! My legs are feeling it now - I must've cancelled out all the curries, vodka and cider!

Wednesday - 11.93 miles

Thursday - 6.4 miles

Friday - 11.58 miles

Saturday - 10.59 miles

Sunday - 12.66 miles

Monday - 7.75 miles

Total of over 60 miles according to Apple Watch / iPhone. Plus Sunday shows me as standing for at least one minute in each of 19 hours throughout that day!

I was wearing my Garmin for the duration, and also had the Google Fit app running on my phone. I didn't actually cover as much distance on site as usual and there wasn't much going between stages or anything. There was a few trips up and down the hill to the campervan though. Some days Google and the Garmin are pretty accurate, some days I was pushing a baby buggy so the Garmin will not have recorded steps whilst the phone will have, all of the time they are both pretty inaccurate ways of measuring distance. Although I have had some fairly accurate running distances calculated by the watch just using steps when I forgot to turn on the GPS mode once. I wouldn't really trust either method as anything other than a way of comparing to a previous days level of activity and if you are doing more or less. They don't give an accurate distance measured as pedometers.

- - - - - - - - - - Garmin 920xt - Google Fit

- - - - - - - - - - Steps - Miles -- Steps - Miles
Wednesday - 13540 - 7.2 - - - 9783 - 4.24

Thursday - - - 16245 - 8.6 - - - 16055 - 6.41

Friday - - - - -  25580 - 13.5 - - 12795 - 7.84

Saturday - - -  17184 - 9.1 - - - 11792 - 7.34

Sunday - - - -  20219 - 10.7  - - 14823 - 9.2