Your minor Glastonbury successes

johnmcga

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naked Yoga, Learning to juggle and stumbling across a tiny set by Rodriguez y Gabriella under a pseudonym (30 people in crowd, last time I saw them there were 70000 as they were supporting Muse!) 

Ah man, I would have loved to have seen that Rodrigo y Gabriela set. Do you remember what name they played under?

Didn't touch a drink for the week and finally got on the telly touching up Brett Andersons sweaty body.

I am insanely jealous. Lovely, lovely, sexily wiggling Brett... *dreamy sigh*

I too am very jealous. I had forgotten how much I was in love with him!! I had at least 4 "moments" during their set. Damn hormones! 

EDIT: I didn't wee myself, before anyone starts! 

Edited by lucyginger

More of a major success. Lost my phone and found it 7 hours later whilst pissed using find my iPhone. Had dropped it down a compost loo and when I heard the noise I assumed it was down the wheelie bin...I was extremely happy that it had slid in between the steps onto untouched grass!

Very lucky, definitely a major!

Lost my festival phone on Thursday and found it on Sunday morning just outside the van but hidden in the grass - just as battery about to run out on my other phone, found the secret piano bar, finally  (8th Glastonbury again - spooky it must take that many to finally manage to nail it) managed to watch Mik Artistic

i took 100 mini glow sticks.  only cost about £7.

i took them to the se corner on saturday night, and handed them out to people.

fact:  in the se corner on saturday night, everybody loves a glow stick.  people grinned when they were given.  they danced with them.  they waved them at their friends.  the put them in their hair and clothing and drinks.  they threw them about.

best of all, i even gave one to Michael Eavis, who was dancing in Glasto Latino.  

best £7 i've spent all year.

No idea where the SE corner is but someone gave me glow sticks at Arcadia on the Sunday and I was very happy!  I put them in my hair and woke up clutching them in the morning, which I found highly amusing and commemorated by taking a photo.  Thank you to all phantom glow stick givers!!   :giveheart:

in 20 glastos, had my first oggie.  fuck me, how have lived without this in the past? 

Bumped into a bunch of crazy people wearing pink in th pyramid field one sunny afternoon (maybe thursday?) i went over and asked what was going on, and they said facebook meetup, Free shots!  I said I'll have some of that, and THREE free shots later, i went on my merry way.  and im not even on facebook.  WIN!

Bumped into a bunch of crazy people wearing pink in th pyramid field one sunny afternoon (maybe thursday?) i went over and asked what was going on, and they said facebook meetup, Free shots!  I said I'll have some of that, and THREE free shots later, i went on my merry way.  and im not even on facebook.  WIN!

That's the glasto chat meet - mostly lovely people, but astonishingly "mainstream".

Thought I'd lost my specs on the way into WV tent from the car park. Couldn't find them anywhere - searched rucksack, tent and car. Luckily had a cheap emergency fold up pair with me, so managed to read my Guardian mini-guide with those. Got home and ordered new ones on a 2 for 1 deal from Specsavers.

Then......last weekend, husband was filling up the car with water and noticed the arm of a pair of spectacles sticking out from the gap between the bonnet and windscreen, just below the car park sticker. It was my specs! The kind souls parked next to me must have noticed they'd dropped out of my rucksack a while after I'd walked off, so put them in the safest place they could for me to find. But I didn't think to check there. Have done several hundred miles since then and specs survived without a scratch  B)

Where else but Glastonbury would that happen? Sending good karma that person's way x

Ah man, I would have loved to have seen that Rodrigo y Gabriela set. Do you remember what name they played under?

I think it was De Fuego, looks like they played a few times, I just happened to be walking passed en route to somewhere else and heard it and knew no-one else can play like that