Your minor Glastonbury successes

johnmcga

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camped in the perfect spot for us.

Only spent £149 in spite of drinking steadily for the whole 5 days (well prepped).

Paced the drinking to a T.

No major hangovers (well only 1).

No sunburn

Met Sawdusty surfer and purchased some of his great fire logs.

Went to opening ceremony ( who was the idiot that tried to climb the unlit bonfire?)

Climbed the hill without looking back until the top

Saw no aggro, kinda would have spoiled the first glastonbury fir me. I did see a very scared very paranoid guy being taken down by security. He was scared stiff and shouting "I know what's going on" repeatedly. :( :( sad for him.

Very first Glasto was an amazing success. Great people,great atmosphere,great weather.

Am already in the queue for tickets next year :)

forgot this one: after saying I would do it for the last 2 glasto's I finally drank only cider this year, with the exception of our spirits that we brought with us.

Great weekend, cider fucks me up far less than beer does. And doesn't really fill me up either after a meal, which beer does.

What silly little things did you achieve this year that you're happy with?

At this, my 8th Glastonbury, I managed to go the whole festival without buying a bottle of water. Took a reusable bottle with me and just used the taps.

Also, I didn't make a single bad food choice all weekend. Don't think that's ever happened before, either.

Ok that's a little weird

it was also my 8th Glastonbury,

it was also the first time i didn't buy a water bottle - although its because I got a water aid one

It was also the first time I didn't make a bad food choice either

maybe it takes 8 festivals to work these things out!

All good food choices here too, the teriyaki banh mi from You Want Chicken was lovely. I also refilled my steel bottle from last year and didn't have to buy a single bottled water, didn't drink any disgusting Tuborg, and I came home with £50 in my purse.

Ok that's a little weird

it was also my 8th Glastonbury,

it was also the first time i didn't buy a water bottle - although its because I got a water aid one

It was also the first time I didn't make a bad food choice either

maybe it takes 8 festivals to work these things out!

We could start a club!

Maybe eight is the sweet spot - I also felt like I got my packing about right this year (didn't bring too much or too little) and didn't even suffer any killer hangovers.

(Well, now I've said that it'll probably all go horribly wrong next year…)

Definitely managed my drink and, you know, other stuff, better this year, and did my first ever all-nighter on Sunday, not sleeping at all until I got on the coach and slept till the services then slept again till home. Beautiful!

Didn't have a very chatty festival unfortunately but managed to speak to a few people eventually, including a girl at Chemical Brothers who was really sweet but then disappeared.

Definitely want to be more involved with random people next time it adds so much.

EDIT oh and took walking boots rather than wellies what a great decision that was.

Edited by Room to sway

Also my 8th and finally had the falafel I'd been promising to have since the 1st one! Very nice it was too.

Underspent and brought loads of drink home. it's actually sitting by me in the office and I'm very tempted to have a squeeze at the wine bag.

Like to think I also may have helped poor Alice get into the festival after reading about her on here beforehand and starting a campaign!