Your minor Glastonbury successes

johnmcga

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played the piano up at the healing fields, got everyone singing The Wombles theme (leave no trace and recycle/reuse, the Wombles are very Glastonbury)

That piano is always a highlight for me! I braved it with a bit of Paradise (Coldplay) - just a tiny insight into what it must be like to perform at the festival and enormous fun.

I didn't fall over. Not even once.  I'm prone to clumsiness at the best of times so was sure with a wonky knee and a crutch combined with mud I'd be on my backside, but no! A few wobbles and near misses when people kicked my stick out from under me, but I did it!

I didn't fall over. Not even once. I'm prone to clumsiness at the best of times so was sure with a wonky knee and a crutch combined with mud I'd be on my backside, but no! A few wobbles and near misses when people kicked my stick out from under me, but I did it!

I fell over spectacularly in Shangri La on the Friday night and managed to head butt my can on the way down. I was fairly impressed with that. Kept my head nice and mud free.

Going home for a shit shower and shave on Friday AM as there was nothing i wanted to see until 1.15 and i only live 20 mins away. Never done that in the 8 previous years and it made the weekend so much more bearable, was only off site for 2.5 hours but being fresh again sure helped.

Even if i must of been in a slight daze when at home as i found the fish fingers box in a drawer again yesterday next to the freezer, must of opened the wrong thing when i tried to put them back in there haha! 

I washed my hair for the first time at a festival, girlfriend insisted in bringing a portable shower, and it actually was quite good.

Also went down the helter skelter at Avalon and went to Stonebridge for Baggy Mondays, two things I always say I'll do but never managed.

Also my walking boots, which I was slightly concerned I hadn't worn in enough were a success. Definitely preferable to wellies, though might get some gel inserts for them next year

And managed to see a secret set by accident, which was awesome and also spent more time in the cabaret tent than normal which was good fun. Was anybody else there when Lee Nelson assembled his posse to take on the shouty female juggler?

Not being in tent 92 at Worthy View (I know everyone seems to hate people who stay there anyway...)

Our neighbours at 92 got back to find that some over enthusiastic/ tired 'lady' had randomly stumbled into their tent and passed out in their bed...

She had also then s##t herself over their bedding and lilo...

I took £300 to Glastonbury and brought back £198.47 which wasn't bad, would've been under a oner if I didn't get that sodding coffee at the services!

And I still had a good time despite the spend - was a bit hot for me so only really started drinking cider at about 4pm - in the mornings I felt happy as larry but the heat really got to me in parts on the Friday and Saturday. Mind you the big apple craft cider was lush though, wish I had more of that!

Had my faith in humanity restored after loosing my phone at Circoloco at the blues on Thursday night but getting a phone call from a working just before Everything Everything saying they had it and had phoned everyone i had a missed call from to get it back to me!!!

Meeting a girl who I think is utterly amazing, had smelly sweaty day 4 festival sex in a crushed 2 man tent and shared a lovely romantic moment during Swoon at The Chems. I also came home with a fair amount of bruises on my neck.

Might be getting ahead of myself after only knowing her for 6 days but I think I'd class this as a major success not just a minor one

Edited by jonodillieono

Meeting a girl who I think is utterly amazing, had smelly sweaty day 4 festival sex in a crushed 2 man tent and shared a lovely romantic moment during Swoon at The Chems. I also came home with a fair amount of bruises on my neck.

Might be getting ahead of myself after only knowing her for 6 days but I think I'd class this as a major success not just a minor one

Must be a good sign if u were both willing to have sex that late into the festival. Festival love, nice one :-)

My festival success was talking to Billy Bragg, who was waiting with me and my wife for his bacon and egg butty on Sunday morning.

From serious lurking on this forum and seeing how much some people sing the praises of walking boots, I bought some and took them instead of wellies. This was more of a major success as it meant I actually managed to do more late night things as my feet/legs weren't in total agony all the time! 

More of a major success. Lost my phone and found it 7 hours later whilst pissed using find my iPhone. Had dropped it down a compost loo and when I heard the noise I assumed it was down the wheelie bin...I was extremely happy that it had slid in between the steps onto untouched grass!