Your minor Glastonbury successes

johnmcga

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naked Yoga, Learning to juggle and stumbling across a tiny set by Rodriguez y Gabriella under a pseudonym (30 people in crowd, last time I saw them there were 70000 as they were supporting Muse!) 

What? What the actual what?

Yeah I'd like confirmation that the RyG thing happened.

I realised I was missing prescription medication I am supposed to carry around with me on the Saturday afternoon. As I hadn't needed to use it for a number of months and had a GPs appointment on the Wednesday afterwards I thought "ho hum, too much to miss to waste time for a trip to the pharmacy" and carried on regardless. I popped into the pharmacy on the Monday as it was on the way to the car. Explained my predicament. Was sold the med I needed.

My GP on the Wednesday, when asked if I could get said medication without a prescription, said no way. So that was a win.

Anyway, got to my car and found previously lost medication between door and drivers seat, obviously slipped out of jacket/trouser pocket as so often happens. So I now have a back up for the next time. Double win.

I am still an absolute arse for not realising it was missing for four days though. I can only say that I had so much stuff in my pockets it just felt like it was there.

What? What the actual what?

Yeah I'd like confirmation that the RyG thing happened.

It happened, was in a white tent cafe, somewhere between circus and the railway line. Afew oter people I spoke with were equally aware of who they were and couldn't believe they were playing in a cafe, although I have since discovered that the name they went under, de fuego, was listed as playing at a few small locations across the festival.

It happened, was in a white tent cafe, somewhere between circus and the railway line. Afew oter people I spoke with were equally aware of who they were and couldn't believe they were playing in a cafe, although I have since discovered that the name they went under, de fuego, was listed as playing at a few small locations across the festival.

Well they didn't get the SecretGlasto treatment, that's for sure. Worth remembering for future years though.

Got a free falafel friday afternoon (cheating a bit as I know the veggie van owners). Then had catastrophic spillage of salad and dressing down front of poncho, but it was raining so hard it all washed off.

Persuading reluctant 14yr old out of bed and yomping approx 2 miles from Ashcombe park field to cabaret tent on sunday morning in time to watch Marcus Brigstocke's Policy Unit, and witnessing Phill Jupitus chanelling Father Jack. He was half asleep, hungover and grumpy, but hilarious whenever he woke up.

Was it this guy??

Lovely bloke

Charm x

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134087300@N06/shares/jFypZ3

Right...I can't recall where I was (potentially the cave (?) / Common, anyway, dj playing some kind of house, and THAT exact dude dressed as Jesus stood up on some platform (pretty f*****g high up!) and tried to jump into a small crowd so they'd catch him. They didn't. He proper face planted. Hurt himself a fair bit I imagine! Totally forgot about it till I saw this picture. Haha! Edited by Stokesy10

Right...I can't recall where I was (potentially the cave (?) / Common, anyway, dj playing some kind of house, and THAT exact dude dressed as Jesus stood up on some platform (pretty f*****g high up!) and tried to jump into a small crowd so they'd catch him. They didn't. He proper face planted. Hurt himself a fair bit I imagine! Totally forgot about it till I saw this picture. Haha!

Ouch. What a mentalist. Drugs...the things they make us do.

Charm x

Holding onto a lighter - as others have said very satisfying.

My 18 year old daughter and her friends not having any kind of meltdown. Was worried that taking them may spoil my fun if they got too drunk, drugged or just hated it and I may have to look after them. Bit selfish, but hey it's my Glastonbury too.

Took sleeping tablets, proper sleep even in my boiling hot tent. Really important especially now I'm old. Think it's the only reason I survived.

Charm x

Getting up early-ish Sunday morning to see The Smyths and feeling fine.

Unlike last year when I did not come round on the Sunday till 3.00 pm !

Edited by ivan

It happened, was in a white tent cafe, somewhere between circus and the railway linel.

I was there. 'Twas the Ancient Futures tent - we were sat on the sofa in the cafe. Early hours of Sunday morning. Must have been no more than 30 to 40 people in there. Fab unexpected set. A few older hippy types dancing along. An authentic Glasto moment.

Edited by phillyfaddle