Your minor Glastonbury successes

johnmcga

What silly little things did you achieve this year that you're happy with?

At this, my 8th Glastonbury, I managed to go the whole festival without buying a bottle of water. Took a reusable bottle with me and just used the taps.

Also, I didn't make a single bad food choice all weekend. Don't think that's ever happened before, either.

Edited by johnmcga

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking a duvet instead of a sleeping bag. So nice to be able to easily flop your leg out from under the cover in the morning rather than be restricted in a sweat tube - bliss. Also taking spirits out at night rather than beer. Lighter to carry and you don't keep dashing to the loos every half hour.

Remembered to stay hydrated, apply suncream and get a hat before the heat ruined the rest of the week for me.  I got about 3 1/2 litres of water (all from the taps, none purchased) down me on each of the first 2 days, as well as drinking plenty of ciders and rum.  Coupled with the walking I did, never had a hangover the whole weekend, every day I woke up feeling great and ready to start over.

I actually took all of my prescription medications every night. I usually forget on at least one night - if not the whole weekend!

My first year with a prescription and I forgot every day. Funnily enough, the rheumatism is playing up today!

Taking a duvet instead of a sleeping bag. So nice to be able to easily flop your leg out from under the cover in the morning rather than be restricted in a sweat tube - bliss. Also taking spirits out at night rather than beer. Lighter to carry and you don't keep dashing to the loos every half hour.

This, on both counts!

I also remembered to take my contacts out on 3 out of the 5 nights before going to bed, which was nice

Forgot my wallet. Lived off £1.50-a-slice marmite and toast for five days. Thought I might have a dough-related heart attack on Sunday. Didn't.

Fair play to you!  I forgot my coach tickets and cashcard, but thankfully had both cash I'd withdrawn beforehand and my son on site, who was able to draw some cash for me to get me through.  I have to be honest, if I got there and was totally skint I don't know how I would have coped.  Much admiration for your grit.

i took 100 mini glow sticks.  only cost about £7.

i took them to the se corner on saturday night, and handed them out to people.

fact:  in the se corner on saturday night, everybody loves a glow stick.  people grinned when they were given.  they danced with them.  they waved them at their friends.  the put them in their hair and clothing and drinks.  they threw them about.

best of all, i even gave one to Michael Eavis, who was dancing in Glasto Latino.  

best £7 i've spent all year.

fact:  in the se corner on saturday night, everybody loves a glow stick.  people grinned when they were given.  they danced with them.  they waved them at their friends.  the put them in their hair and clothing and drinks.  they threw them about.

This is a great tip. A few years ago one of our group arrived with a big packet of glow sticks and connectors. We had a lot of fun creating glow stick haloes in the Silent Disco, throwing them in the crowd and then watching people put them on their heads.

People do love a good glow stick.

Edited by johnmcga

I moved my car Saturday morning, and then on Monday drove straight out of the car park in about 30 seconds! Literally didn't stop from letting the handbrake go until out on the main road. Beats the 2 1/2 hours it took last year!

Edited by tazbang

Managing to stay under budget by barely buying a rip-off drink and instead managing to lug about 20kg of alcohol halfway across the country just to achieve this.

I think also just being disciplined enough to get up earlier and do my own thing rather than waiting hours for everyone to get ready and regretting missing someone good. For instance I didn't think I'd make The Burning Hell on Friday morning but instead of getting crushed at Shangri-La I went to bed a little earlier and saw one of my favourite sets of the whole weekend with a really nice crowd to boot.