How many tickets have been sold?

whitecarlos

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends. Some people go for the atmosphere, some it's all about the music

I'd say on both counts, Glasto is better. I love what they do with tickets at Glasto. You can only sell tickets back to Glasto so the touts are excluded. Thumbs up smiley from me for that.

I'm going but mainly because I work offshore so have decided to go as I'm off. Whatever way you look at it, the line-up is lazy and lacks inspiration. Watching Glasto this weekend has been brilliant. Motörhead, Slaves, Sleaford Mods, Belle and Seb, Gaz Coombes, Patti Smith, Chemical Brothers etc. They had a wide range of legends, new acts and established acts with critical acclaim. Compare that with T and they aren't even in the same ball park. Jess Glynn, The Script WTF. Glastonbury is 6music and TITP is Xfm / Capital. I know which station I prefer :)

It is laughable to try and boast about "Best Value for Money"

A few years ago T in the P looked like it was heading to maybe rival some of the bigger festivals in the UK, but the organisers got greedy, removed a few of the stages, increased the capacity and the festival goers realised this, and that is why it hasn't sold out since.

Does anyone know the last year it sold out?

Five or six years ago I thought it was getting up there with Glastonbury in terms of quality and quantity. Now it has regressed somewhat. I roll my eyes when I see the V line-up year in year out. Bland and commercial rules round at V Towers. Sadly it looks like T is going the same way.

Five or six years ago I thought it was getting up there with Glastonbury in terms of quality and quantity. Now it has regressed somewhat. I roll my eyes when I see the V line-up year in year out. Bland and commercial rules round at V Towers. Sadly it looks like T is going the same way.

That's the V fest lineup out.. can't see much difference compared with T other than less number of acts but better electronic acts.

CI6bWc4W8AAP7Mr.jpg

^ Have to dispute that V fest has better electronic acts than T.

The line-up may have its faults this year but the Slam Tent is world class

Wasn't counting the Slam Tent, I was meaning the likes of Nero, Andy C, Pendulum DJ set etc.. don't have any of that kind of stuff at T other than The Prodigy.

Aye I do like my techno but I couldn't stay in the Slam Tent alllll weekend, would need some variety.. would love SBTRKT too, would've been good to have CHVRCHES again but I'm happy with Hot Chip. Bit pissed off that Above & Beyond are clashing with The Prodigy as I missed them last year but what can you do.

It was in the papers that t in the park is the best for the money because of quantity of acts

that seems silly to me. Compare the T in the Park line up with its 6 stages which you can see on 1 screen:

http://www.tinthepark.com/

to the Glastonbury line up which takes half an hour to scroll to the bottom and has god knows how many stages:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2015/?stage

Having said that being in Scotland with it's smaller population and not having the history of Glastonbury it is pretty unfair to compare them.

that seems silly to me. Compare the T in the Park line up with its 6 stages which you can see on 1 screen:

http://www.tinthepark.com/

to the Glastonbury line up which takes half an hour to scroll to the bottom and has god knows how many stages:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2015/?stage

Having said that being in Scotland with it's smaller population and not having the history of Glastonbury it is pretty unfair to compare them.

there is no denying there is much more variety at Glastonbury but at current prices, if you watch 8 full sets a day at TITP, you basically get £200 worth of entertainment for £70 a day. No matter what way you look at it, that's good value.

when you talk about "value" at a festival .You have to look at not just the bands on show , but what punters actually get when they get through the gate on top of this.

For someone who has done both T and Glasto numerous times, it is a little unfair to compare the two. The Eavis's have been learning and growing their festival since the early 70s.

But the likes of V and T can learn so much from Glasto.But i dont think they want to.

Punters at T are fleeced on food , drink and anything else that can make the greedy promoters a buck. Your all treated like criminals at the gate .Searched for anything on you that will stop them ripping you off inside the fence. And i think folk are getting wise to this and that's what is reflecting on the sales of tickets.Not just the band quality.

At glasto you can take as much food and drink in with you as you can carry , and wander round with it anywhere in the site.Yet they still have hundreds of real quality food and drink outlets that still make a buck as they come back year after year. Free programe..free lanyard..free bags..

Yes the demographic is slightly different , But why should it be ? Treat people like adults, get a better cross demographic of bands  and the T in the park festival will sell out again .Christ they reckon 100.000 folk watched Lionel Ritchie at Pilton farm FFS ! 

Oh shit , just realised what ive done........i take it back . Glasto is shit .. dont go !

^ And this is why i'm dying to go to Glasto. I expected T to go a bit 'Bestival' with this site when they were saying 'hidden features/secret acts/extra or unique entertainment etc' but there has been absolutely zero of this. The fact that people i know and have met have said they could've not seen a band all weekend at Glasto and had an amazing time says it all really. I don't think you could do that at TITP really.