Happy with where you camped?

**claire**

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pennards again for us. right in the middle and just off the walk way.  was loud (as expected) and even though our immediate neighbours were decent, big groups opposite spent the majority of their festival taking drugs and screaming things like "crumpets" repeatedly and singing the same line of one song over and over until they crashed at 7am (truly inconsiderately annoying). other than that -perfect location and just enough space on wednesday afternoon! may try somewhere new next time. 

Got in the JP end of Woodsies, the Campsite Crew map said 'single tents only' and managed to find 3 spaces on my recce, took the nearest one to the JP stage, right by the lockup.  Great for the 'top route' over the Pyramid and the Silver Hayes route to the railway track.  Met fellow Brummies who were obviously sound, and the group of uniLad knobbers by the hedge who left on Sunday left some premium grade stuff for the tatters.  Huge 8 person tents, several unopened crates etc.  Only downer was it was 5 minute walk all round for the toilets.

I worked in 2013 and 2014 and only got searched once. You must look well dodgy.

I heard they limited how many showers you could take this year. That's a bit of a bummer, though it makes sense after last year's nightmare.

Only 4 shower tokens this year, I still didn't take one as I forgot my towel! 

It was y first time but I heard other people saying that in previous years stewards got 5 meal tokens and this year it was only 3. 

Rivermead, was fine though we didn't get hit by the thieves in the area.

Also don't know if it as just the wind or some oddity but there was heavy bass coming from somewhere until about 5am on Saturday night / Sunday morning. Could only really have been Silver Hayes but that surely shuts down before then? More confusing than anything else.

Top of Dairy for us this year just off the dividing path, all good, no neighbour issues, lovely campsite crew and lock-up staff, easy routes to Park, arcadia and Other. Sinks all good and the longdrops at the back were ok but the composters at the hedge didn't seem to have any cups until Friday and then it was hit and miss so there was definitely not enough scooping going on, they were pretty stinky at times. Shame because after camping in Bushy last year I know how fantastic they can be when properly used. 

Just one other moan, a group of "ladies" camped near us had what was quite obviously a pee bucket that went in the tent each morning and got unceremoniously emptied onto the grass after each use, where it remained presumably until the next time nature called. Just goes to show it's not just the men to blame for the urine levels in the streams! 

Edited to clarify I'm not usually this obsessed with toilets!

Edited by LadyP

Rivermead for the second year running. Not too far from Gate A and always decent amount of space available. Have been in Pennards, Kidney Mead, the old Dragon Field and Pylon in the past but we have settled for Rivermead now. Bit of a crush getting around Silver Hayes especially when Fat Boy Slim was playing the worst-kept secret set of all time but my children and their mates are usually around the Dance area so it was only me that had long treks across to the Acoustic, Avalon etc. Security staff were very nice in Rivermead and there were convenient, and clean, bogs so what's not too like?

Row Mead. Loved it but bit nosier at night this year - think they'd changed the speaker set up at the nearest late night areas. Beat Hotel definitely being one of them - pumping poor quality sound out much louder this year. Still had a fab time though!

I left Sunday night and was really impressed by the lack of rubbish, good conscientious campers in that area this year.

In Pylon again this year. Handy from Gate A and plenty of space around the tent although it definitely felt much busier in the field this year. Didn't interact much with the neighbours but all around were pleasant, tidy and considerate.

One gripe would be the toilets. We were close to the compost loos nearest the Gate A end of the field and there simply wasn't enough (20 of them). Not only did we have half of a busier than previous years Pylon field using them but also loads of folk from Darble as the toilets there were up in the far away corner.

Not just in Pylon but more urinals around campsites would surely alleviate some of the horrendous queues in the morning.

Got a great spot in Big Ground. Halfway between the corner with the pyramid and the lock ups. Lovely to listen to the pyramid when getting ready, especially the brass band on Sunday morning. Made the stupid mistake of going into the purple car parks. Joined the queue at 7:30 and didn't get through the gate until after 11. It's was only two of us in one medium sized tent though. Neighbours were decent as well- not noisy late at night or early in the morning. Next time definitely going for blue car parks and gate C.

Love fields. Was the best place we have camped so far. It was right by Gate C with loads of space and we could drive to our tent pitch. We have to minimise the amount of walking we do (which is hard at Glastonbury) so it was perfect.

Was aiming for Dairy. Got South Park 1. Arrived on site a bit later than planned, but SP1 was completely empty, and we got a spot near to the entrance, and weren't too near or too far from toilets and water taps. Camped next to some decent enough people, so was very satisfied with it all.

managed to get all 3 tents up in Kidney Mead near muddy lane as usual by 9.30am. We were lucky to avoid being directed to purple car parks and gate B - we just carried on to Blue tho ended up miles away in E11 at 7.30am. Our friends arrived 40mins before us and were queuing at Gate B but were told to head to Gate C as B was closed. They ended up behind us in the queue!

We like Kidney Mead as it is handy for family camping loos( cleaner and less busy) , food, popping back to tent and gate C. It was a bit busier though with a large group of people trying to get their tents all in together where there wasn't any space. Meant tents pitched right up against mine and made it difficult for people further in to walk through without tripping- usually into my tent! They were friendly tho and did try to move the tents a bit. Only downside is that Williams green music seems to go in till 6am!!! Glad I took ear plugs.

Don't know really.. I love Oxylers for it's convenience but the Tent thefts were really shit... didn't get anything stolen from me, but a mate of mine getting most of their money taken and me having my tent opened during the night wasn't very nice...

Oxlyers here, towards the back - seemed just fine tbh! Agree the groups kept mostly to themselves but it wasn't really a problem and the flagpole/beacon/bunting did it's usual job of helping make friends with the neighbours even if they don't chat much. Close to everything we needed and not too crowded.

Few knobs right next to us - incredibly fit/hunky mid-twenties guys with their trophies in tow who took offence when I asked if I could move one of EVERY SINGLE guy rope they'd pegged out so we could shift a tent - with a snobby "well if you're the expert" in my ears i shrugged and walked off giggling considering they hadn't sussed guy rope toggles. Every rope got snapped by the end apart from the spiders web between their tents that someone stayed to defend at all times. But who cares got money, got fit, got bird, got glasto boom lol.

Considering the location it was left pretty tidy, fair few tents left but a fraction of what I've seen there before. the big rubbish enclosures did help some

Edited by frostypaw

Aimed for Kidney Mead but ended up by default in Webbs Ash which was superb for us. A bit close to the toilets for my liking but all in all a lovely little spot. The Pyramid was spitting distance as was Beat hotel, plenty of food and drink outlets as well as lock up's in the same field. Good company none of the NOS brigade) but we were warned by security on Friday morning that there had

been some tents rifled as always.

If we manage to get tickets for 2016 then we will definitely head for there again.

Edited by Glastobuddy

Park Home was great. No problems with neighbours and had quite a bit of space around the tent, which makes me think that I was the problem one. I did have a seagull shit on the tent though.

That Wednesday morning is a killer though so I may move next year.

Lower Mead for us this year. Lovely neighbours. Our saltire and cow windsock flag was a popular navigation point. We liked the spot as it was easy for us to pop back for a recharge in the afternoon. There was a bit of tent robbery on Wednesday night and someone did attempt our tent on Thursday, fortunately I was awake and shouted out. He ran off saying wrong tent. Didn't spoil it for me though

Lower end of Kidney Mead this year next to Muddy Lane. Good location for William's Green, Pyramid and the path through West Holts and up to Avalon etc. but despite following signs to try and get to purple and gate B we ended up at gate C and had to endure the hill of death getting in and out of the festival when going back to the car.

Other than that a good, central location for the majority of places we went.

We have camped in Woodsies for the previous two years which was a good location for getting in and out of the festival at gate A but it's a mission to get anywhere from there.

Really happy with my spot - near central to Pennards next to one of the Green Spaces, of which there were around 7 created across the campsite in order to provide community areas within the camping area for chilling, cooking, talking and a fire pit, plus additional convenient paths that were created and kept open over the festival making it easier for people to get to the spaces and through their tents.