Peeing on the land

sheffieldlady

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Pukkelpop in Belgium, loads of fences have urinals/troughs fastened to them. It's easier to pee in one than not. Good idea I think

I was thinking this.

It might just have been where i ended up this year, but it seemed a lot of urinals only had one entrance/exit meaning there was a massive bottleneck to get in but loads of free troughs. I noticed by Sunday a few of these had been altered to have an entrance and an exit, like the one at the bottom of Pennards. Wonder if this was by design or just an oversight by the teams putting them up?

Carry it to the toilet each morning. As I empty it, I always think the person in the next stall probably thinks I'm a horse.

Do you snort and snuffle?

We passed an Environment Agency Landrover down below Gate D yesterday morning. The festival were obviously having to pump clean water into the stream presumably to dilute the piss.

I heard this year was the closest in some time that the water tests almost got the Festival shut down. That's why the message was so strong. The licence depends upon the streams staying piss free. People don't seem to get how close they come to putting an end to the whole thing by pissing on the land.

I heard that too. Very sad. I had a few heated discussions with people who I saw doing it and asked to stop. One guy was very contrite, to be fair, but plenty didn't like it all - not least the guy I kicked up the arse while he was openly pissing in the middle of Shangri-La. Don't feel proud of that, but hey - he deserved it. 

Saw one girl peeing at the side of a busy pathway. Other than that didn't really experience anyone peeing where they shouldn't be. First few festivals I went to were all T in the Park. Whenever I'm at Glastonbury I'm always amazed at how few people piss where they feel like it in comparison to T.

Was actually in a bit of a crush at the urinals near the cabaret tent one day which surprised me. Never thought that was one of the busier areas and the cabaret tent itself was quite quiet at the time so not sure where all the people came from.

Whilst I understand the anger at people who pee on the urinals fences but not in the urinals, I also can't understand why the festival don't just put urinals round the whole area instead of leaving some of the fence blank.

this was my first Glastonbury, and while I knew about this stuff and always went to the urinals, friends didn't and did the odd piss in bushes/at fences despite me saying it them not do.

to be honest, for a festival so adamant about it, i found it really odd the relative lack of urinals that are actually around, and the subsequent busyness of them because they're so small.

there were a number of times at the ones at the back of West Holts that it was almost dangerous with so many people trying to crowd in to them. when I came out and fought my way through people pushing and shoving and falling over trying to get in, I saw plenty of people pissing against the fence and bushes and I wasn't surprised.

several more urinals around would help dramatically reduce it, as it's men who are mostly responsible for it, for obvious reasons.

more toilets in general would be a good idea, but they're more costly and use more space.

Edited by ghostdancer1

I saw loads of people, all ages, from all walks of life pissing on the land. I booed them, told them to stop, moaned at them and while walking through the sheer hell of the now (to me anyway) crappy night club that Shangri-La has become, at 2am Monday morning, reported to the security that I had noticed lots of people there pissing against the boards. They seemed really annoyed about this and did seem to be getting ready to actively go into the massive crowd to stop them. There is no excuse for it and I am really worried that the festival will have to stop because of it.

Scotties right about festival nearly being stopped. Was talking to someone I know who worked with the Pee police this year and he was saying there was a court case still on going from last year and there is a real danger of Glastonbury stopping. He was talking about all the monitors that are in the streams and rivers and some 3 that the land feeds.

the pee police were all placed at nights in certain well know trouble spots to stop people peeing. I hope it helped. I saw less people doing it this year.

If caught by security peeing on the land maybe eject some people, terribly harsh but it puts the whole festival at risk so why should The people who wouldn't dream of not using a toilet suffer. If it's put out before hand as a festival rule and carried, word would soon get out. Cop on you animals why are you so special you shouldn't wait and queue like the rest of us to follow the rules and have a pee in the right areas.

We also tried to give people some grief for it... I personally only saw men and they mostly, bar one guy who was shamed into going to the toilets, just were like I have to pee now( yeah cause you are so much more important than the rest of us!!) Haaa really got my goat

I came very, very close to having to during The Chemical Brothers.

The simple fact is they need more toilets. You have tens of thousands of people in Oxlyers during chems and only that one urinal in the top corner or the ones over the hill toward Park.

The ones who do it when there isn't a queue are terrible people.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

Being in the Recycling team you see all this in the early morning as well and then you come across a lot of people that have had a dump up against the fence.

BEASTLY DISGUSTING ANIMALS......Do they do this in their homes or in their gardens??

Although clearly it is a big issue with the number of people peeing on the land, the festival could do more to prevent this. For example, in The Temple queues to get in can be 30+ mins yet they have no toilet inside. This to me is ridiculous, as if you are in there for a few hours you are going to need to go at some point, yet many will be put off leaving and going to the toilet as they will have to queue up again. Not only is this bad for the land but it means that all those dancing at the back of the venue are dancing in piss drenched mud!!

Because of the concentration of it being so many people in such a short period of time.  There are only a few hundred cows, consuming grass, compared to 135,000 punters consuming as much as they can throw in their bodies.

Same reason that if you're out in the middle of nowhere, it's actually not particularly harmful to have a wee in a bush.

The only place they really need more toilets is around the other field and the ones between West Holts and Left field. Every other set I went to this year there weren't any queues and were generally pretty clean, with soap and hand sanitiser. But in that area there always seemed to be queues and they were disgusting.

Although clearly it is a big issue with the number of people peeing on the land, the festival could do more to prevent this. For example, in The Temple queues to get in can be 30+ mins yet they have no toilet inside. This to me is ridiculous, as if you are in there for a few hours you are going to need to go at some point, yet many will be put off leaving and going to the toilet as they will have to queue up again. Not only is this bad for the land but it means that all those dancing at the back of the venue are dancing in piss drenched mud!!

I didnt go in the temple for exactly that reason