The Libertines - why did they not announce it, ridiculous

Collide

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I adopted the same scepticism when I read the statement. I'm probably just still annoyed about standing around like a lemon for 3.5 hours though!

His health comes first though I guess

To be fair, the insurance payout probably wouldn't have been that much for a venue that small (although I'm no expert on such things). Plus they are rescheduling, so they'll only get bad publicity. We might not ever know what happened to Pete, but I'm inclined to take the statement at face value.

Here's hoping he stays healthy!

are you on O2? I just saw it on O2 Priority

The Manchester gig is on the Friday after my birthday, I'll definitely be going to this! 

Sadly not. Think I'll be either doing Manchester or London. Birmingham is a nightmare to get home from, especially on a school night!

Does the O2 Priority work for all these venues? I thought it was O2 venues..?

Fair play, its quite a leap of faith to announce, or buy tickets for, an arena tour isnt it?

You'd like to think that in these days artist health would be a consideration, but it appears not. 

Not when there is SO MUCH MONEY to be made!

To be fair, although it is never good to cancel gigs at very short notice, they've only done this for two recent ones since they reformed (again). That's not bad considering their previous record for not turning up (both as the Libs and Babyshambles etc) from the Good Old Days.

Not when there is SO MUCH MONEY to be made!

To be fair, although it is never good to cancel gigs at very short notice, they've only done this for two recent ones since they reformed (again). That's not bad considering their previous record for not turning up (both as the Libs and Babyshambles etc) from the Good Old Days.

Yeah, I really hope its a glitch and not the start of the old ways - for the fans and Pete/The band.

Glad I got to see them in Bristol, Id imagine the O2 gig would be a bit souless unless you were fighting it out down the front.

Gutted they haven't re-arranged the Camden gig. Spent a fortune that night and they didn't show. Suppose there's more money to be made from playing to a bigger but less interested crowd at the 02.

They were quite insistent that it was a postponement, rather than a cancellation, but we shall see. To be fair they would probably make good warm-ups for the arena tour, if they weren't in cities they were already playing.

I'm also annoyed about it. Got tickets for Manchester Ritz myself and I was really looking forward to it but this isn't the same. Yeah I paid £10 less but then again I spent that on the train tickets and I know that people would have paid more than that for travel/accommodation. Also my brother is concerned about the new date clashing with exams so there is that too. The whole thing seems lazy in my eyes

Looking forward to the Bournemouth show - first time back since 2002 although Pete and Babyshambles have played a few times down here since

Bmth will be the pick of those dates as a Friday night gig and in the smallest venue, buzzing. 4th time seeing them in a year! 

Bmth will be the pick of those dates as a Friday night gig and in the smallest venue, buzzing. 4th time seeing them in a year! 

Yes, Bournemouth capacity about 6,000 which is only about 1500 more than say Brixton Academy and less than a third the size of O2 or Manchester  Arena

Why do think The Libertines never got big in rest of the Europe and World and how come that they are big in England in first place? First time I heard about them was on some live stream, I think Reading 2010 and I thought that they were so bad. Played like high school band. No, I'm not trolling. Just really curious

Why do think The Libertines never got big in rest of the Europe and World and how come that they are big in England in first place? First time I heard about them was on some live stream, I think Reading 2010 and I thought that they were so bad. Played like high school band. No, I'm not trolling. Just really curious

There's something quintessentially british about them. And the shambles was part of the appeal, first time around.