The Libertines - why did they not announce it, ridiculous

Collide

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sounded great at Leeds festival, worst thing was the Leeds festival crowd. Groups of young girls in the pit talking over the music in little huddles, young kids just standing there acting cool and unimpressed, and this was the case with every band apart from Kendrick Lamar.

There were even people sat in camping chairs near the front during the cribs, it was the Friday FFS

I had a great day and saw some great music, plus I'll enjoy myself even if others around me aren't, but it really drove home how special the crowds at Glastonbury are if that's the state of live crowds elsewhere

Edited by swede

Managed to get a ticket for the Ritz. Thought I'd missed out but constantly trying ticketmaster worked and one popped up to buy at 10.35am. Was minutes away from giving up as well.

I tried but being on my phone with dodgy wifi on holiday and poor 3G signal it didn't happen unfortunately. I reckon I could've got through if I was on a computer, especially on Wednesday but I didn't realise there was a see tickets presale too with the code until later (just assumed I didn't need the code as I was logged into pledge music).

Absolutely gutted as them in the ritz is one of my ultimate gig bands plus venue - and given a computer, not being on holiday so being more on it and a normal Wednesday morning I'd have got through I think. Also carried on refreshing the sites but never got through (apart from a predictable booking form followed by 'sold out when entering payment details' message on see)

In this occasion I'd even pay my way in but with the ID checks it's not happening - with libertines I actually believe there will be checks unlike normal.

Edited by efcfanwirral

where did these come on? and how did you find out? still hopeful for something like this on Friday in Manchester

They just popped back on, unannounced. I guess they might have been held back for some reason (VIP, production etc). Still available as well...

I was hoping for Manchester as well, but we shall see. It's a smaller venue than Bristol.

Cant wait for Bristol tonight!!

See you on the dancefloor!

Despite being 15 mins late on stage they absolutely slayed it last night. Dont get me wrong i thought they were fantastic on the pyramid and any other time at big gigs ive seen them but in venues like the O2 Bristol is where they belong, ive never seen the place go as wild as it did last night.

Despite being 15 mins late on stage they absolutely slayed it last night. Dont get me wrong i thought they were fantastic on the pyramid and any other time at big gigs ive seen them but in venues like the O2 Bristol is where they belong, ive never seen the place go as wild as it did last night.

Amazing gig. Really well played and like you say, superb atmosphere. Loved it.

Saw them at the Dublin Castle on Friday and Rock City on monday, 2 completely different, but amazing experiences.

Dublin Castle was insane. Shambolic half performances, stage invasions, fans coming on stage to sing. What you'd expect from a libertines gig really!

Rock City was a really, really good performance. They sounded so tight and just seemed to be enjoying it so much. Crowd was up for it too and the setlist was just hit after hit.