Who were your top 5 of the weekend

dingbat2

Just got back to Australia from a European holiday after Glasto, so forgive the lateness of this post.

1. Mark Ronson - just an amazing set full of brilliant guests, Uptown Funk was a 'moment' for me, probably the most fun I've ever had at a gig

2. Everything Everything - genuinely surprised at how great they were, the whole set was on point and the band looked very emotional up there

3. Public Service Broadcasting - Was glad I left Kanye after 20mins to get a good spot for this. Was everything I hoped it would be and the visual aspect was fantastic and really added to the show

4. Florence & the Machine - was convinced by my girlfriend to go see her over Hot Chip and Florence really did deliver. I enjoyed it a lot and sung along to 80% of the songs

5. FFS - just a really fun set and a nice way to end the festival

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 DJ's dressed as cleaning ladies playing party hits when it started raining on Friday afternoon in The Spike - epic singalong.

2 Walking into Croissant Neuf and joining a massive crowd dancing and singing along to a Jungle Book song - only at Glastonbury. Don't know who was actually playing.

3 George Clinton - party time

4 Rodney Branigan and John Pointer - beatboxing, mandolin playing mentalness.

5 Dorian Concept - that guy is special.

Must mention Hot Chip too. They were excellent.

Charm x

1 DJ's dressed as cleaning ladies playing party hits when it started raining on Friday afternoon in The Spike - epic singalong.

2 Walking into Croissant Neuf and joining a massive crowd dancing and singing along to a Jungle Book song - only at Glastonbury. Don't know who was actually playing.

3 George Clinton - party time

4 Rodney Branigan and John Pointer - beatboxing, mandolin playing mentalness.

5 Dorian Concept - that guy is special.

Must mention Hot Chip too. They were excellent.

Charm x

Was that Thursday? Think it may have been Mad Dog Mcrea, they do a cover of The Bare Necessities - and they're ace fun

Hmmm....ponder ponder....a lot to choose from

Probably:

Run The Jewels

Todd Terje

Burt Bacharach

Patti Smith

Belle & Sebsatian

with an honorable mention for Yeezy.

Couldnt disagree with you more about Burt pal. But here's my 5.

Terje

Patti

Lonelady

SFA

Waterboys

I've had a month to think about it (which means the stuff I thought was really good at the time, has gone and I am left with the acts that really had an effect on me).

1)Patti Smith

2) Courtney Barnett(Williams Green, nothing against her Pyramid performance but..)

3)The Who

4) Charli XCX

5)Peace

Should have done both :)

Ha! OK I was still enjoying a West Holts marathon, boogying to the Family Stone at that point - and they were one of my highlights of the weekend, glorious renditions of some of my very favourite songs. So my point remains. But Spiritualized were undoubtedly fantastic, and had they been playing Sunday night I'd have been there in a shot.