Who were your top 5 of the weekend

dingbat2

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot chip - I think everything has been said that can be said. Every bit as brilliant as I'd hoped.

Spector - I just always find these solidly entertaining.

Dub Pistols - knew very little about these other than I had enjoyed a DJ set by the front man at The Blues a couple of years back. Suffice to say, I will DEFINITELY be seeing them again.

Leftfield- had managed to get a prime spot right in the middle in the front of the stage, but once it started, the crowd just felt too tight, and no-one was moving. Took the decision to find a better spot, and couldn't believe that I managed to get myself right in front of a speaker outside the tent with loads of space to dance. Most of the crowd were concentrated on this sight lines, but me and a small random bunch of people had our own little party with just the sound, and danced our socks off right there in front of the speaker. We were all hugging each other at the end & it was just lovely!

The Egg - I had seen them on the line-up but was trying to keep my itinerary down, buts then managed to catch them by accident whilst wandering about - which is just perfect. Even more perfect was that when I closed my eyes I was definitely about 20 years younger and at a Glastonbury sometime in the mid 90s

I knew virtually nothing about Everything Everything, but last week I heard an incredible cover of Kelly Clarkson's 'Heartbeat Song' by them. I tried to see them but got lost trying to find a cashpoint and get food, and so I missed them. I was disappointed, but seeing the reaction on here I am now gutted!

I haven't had such a 'Ravey' Glastonbury since the 90s - and now I really hurt all over!

The Who - Fantastic way to end the festival 

Florence - More than stepped up to the plate and put on a great show. Shut the doubters right up. 

Patti Smith - Such a special set even if she was losing her voice. Couldn't believe what was happening when she got the Dalai Lama on. 

Wolf Alice - Even better than when I last saw them, saw much energy and played a lot of the EP songs which was great. Cool getting Drenge on too. They're going to be big I reckon. 

Spiritualized - Only act I saw on The Park and loved it. Definitely going to spend more time there next Glasto

To be fair everyone I saw this weekend was really good, with the exception of Death From Above who I thought were a bit naff. Discovery of the weekend was Molotov Jukebox in Shangri La, they were awesome. 

In no real order...

Frank Turner on The Other Stage also when he played Leftfield

Patti Smith was amazing even without the dalai lama.  That was just the perfect moment when he came on

I Am Kloot - really enjoyed them up at Avalon

The Courteeners.  I thought they were supurb

The Mothership returns - West Holts was jumpin'

Don't think I saw a shit set all weekend!  :D

All counted, I saw 20 acts on the main stages, plus a bundle of other odds and ends in various bars. Lionel, The Who and the Mothership were all great but the 5 that exceeded expectations were 5 acts I'd never seen before, some I'd never even heard of and took a punt on.

Lonelady 

The Proclaimers

SFA

Vintage Trouble

Rival Sons

All great in their own way, but my goodness, Vintage Trouble was incredible, if you were there, you know...

An enthusiastic crowd really helps.  Many seemed a bit flat this year.  My 5:

1. Jungle - The child at the start just won everyone over and it was an immense feeling, this was my stand out moment of the festival.

2. RJT - Again, another great crowd who were really up for it.

3. Enter Shikari (Leftfield) - That tent did not know what was going to hit it, a corking set.

4. Jamie T - I think that's the most people I've ever seen at the other stage.

5. Belle and Sebastian - Feel good sunshine times.

1. The Who: was looking forward to them and the excelled expectation (only headliner I wanted to see)
2. The Libertines: favourite band and drank 2l of amaretto during their set. So much fun as our entire group saw them.
3. JD McPherson: good boogie in the acoustic tent
4. Jessie Ware: mesmerising and managed to walk to a spot a few rows back after Years & Years
5. Frank Turner: cured my Libertines/Amaretto enfuelled hangover!! 

All counted, I saw 20 acts on the main stages, plus a bundle of other odds and ends in various bars. Lionel, The Who and the Mothership were all great but the 5 that exceeded expectations were 5 acts I'd never seen before, some I'd never even heard of and took a punt on.

Lonelady

The Proclaimers

SFA

Vintage Trouble

Rival Sons

All great in their own way, but my goodness, Vintage Trouble was incredible, if you were there, you know...

I thought Vintage Trouble were amazing, I was right under the frontman crowd surfing/ swimming the crowd, but my mate was at the back and thought it was cheesy shit. Horses for courses I suppose.