Who were your top 5 of the weekend

dingbat2

1 - The Moody Blues - Great set and great atmosphere in the acoustic tent. Highlight of my weekend.

2 - Nick Lowe, Paul Carrack and Andy Fairweather Lowe - As above.

3 - The Who

4 - Lionel Ritchie 

5 - Big Swing Soundsystem

Edited by leekstokie

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no order

1. Lionel Ritchie

2. Ben Howard

3. Jungle

4. Courteeners

5. And finally not really act related but walked in to some a bar in Shangri La on Saturday night when it started to pick to rain, Latino something (anyone care to help)? Huge sing-a-longs and every track played was a classic - great atmosphere!

This was the first year where all the acts I saw were standout, but if I had to pick 5 then:

1. Todd Terje & The Olsens

2. Hot Chip

3. Patti Smith

4. George Clinton

5. Vintage Trouble

Shout out to the Circus & Theatre areas. Spent all of Friday afternoon there which was brilliant fun. Then on Saturday evening I saw some incredible fire acts.

No particular order:

The Who

slaves in JP

King gizzard in crows nest -shame some people left after the power outage as the crowd wasn't as frantic

Hinds- loved their excitement for being there

Vintage trouble - the lead singer wins for showman ship, king of the crowd surf

Lionel Richie - in my all time top 5 Glasto sets

The Who - possibly the best I've seen them since 1976

The Moody Blues - simply awesome and joined by Michael Eavis playing tambourine and singing on Question

Hot Chip - so glad I decided to check them out last minute

James Bay - my band will be doing Hold Back The River but they don't know it yet

Had a blast! Saw loads this year. Top five

1) Patti Smith

2) Jamie T

3) The Skints

4) Super Furries

5) hobo jones (midnight Sat, Avalon)

Honourable mention to Ferocious Dog as they rocked it too...

In order:

Belle & Sebastian - Just brilliant.

Pharrel - The surprise hit of the festival for me, had low expectations but really enjoyed it.

Lionel

Wolf Alice (Park) - Would have been even better had the weather improved.

Suede

There were a couple of disappointments. The Who had a storming first 30 mins then churned out an hour or so of boring crap. And for some reason I just could not get into SFA.

The Chemical Brothers - Went mainly because all mates were going but absolutely blown away. Right on the barrier, didn't stop dancing from start to end.

Frank Turner (Other) - Now thats the way to start any festival day (take note Charlatans!). Always brings an amazing show and lyrics which make sense to my life.

Jamie T - A little slow start but picked it up. Zombies is a fantastic last song.

Slaves (JP) - Good music, fantastic fun!

Libertines - Only saw last 30mins, but great songs and so watchable on stage. More charisma in their little fingers that the whole of the Charlatans. 

And a special mention to...

Charlie XCX - I felt dirty even going to watch this, and a whole lot dirtier when I left! But catchy songs and a she certainly puts on a show!

In no particular order...

1- Todd terje & the olssons - incredible vibe, crowd loved it and finished off some transvestite dancers..

2 - Lionel Ritchie- I'm hardly a fan but he seemed genuinely elated and crowd again helped it a memorable legends slot

3 - Hot chip - I was pretty drunk but it was a great set and danced all thru the set with a huge smile

4 - Alt-J - waited years to finally catch them...brill set list and clearly loved the pyramid setting..

5 - Father john misty - for me it was just heaven, the crowd loved him and he was sooo good, incredible vocals

Loads others were great...Public service Broadcasting, the waterboys, Alabama shakes, Courtney Barnett to name a few

Edited by PhoenixNights2014

1. Jamie T -  An absolute blast down at the front and centre

2. Florence And The Machine - I wasn't previously a big fan but it was amazing at the front. Easily my favourite headliner of the weekend.

3. The Smyths - Great music is great music.

4. The Libertines - Despite the bassist looking miserable to be there, it was really fun.

5. Belle And Sebastian - The last few songs were an utter delight.

Special mentions also for Nizlopi and Ben Howard.

In no particular order

Hot Chip
Father John Misty
The Chemical Brothers
Death Cab For Cutie
Sleaford Mods (I thought they were a bit shit beforehand, but that set was brilliant.)

Honorable Mentions as I saw so many good sets are Run The Jewels, Lionel, Slaves, Patti Smith and Jungle

Edited by Mouseboy11

Unexpected list!

1. The Who - wow, wasn't much of a fan before and only knew about half the songs, but was blown away, great fun!

2. Lionel - Everybody on the FLAWWWWW

3. Vintage Trouble  - VT + Brothers Bar was always going to be fun

4. Frank Turner

5. Libertines

Wait, what? Was this the Friday night? I was in there most of Friday from Hot Chip, other than a brief wander round some ofShangri-La's alleys, and completely missed that. Not entirely surprising given the shape I was in...

No it was Saturday about 2am I'd guess. Then we saw her again getting food by West Holts on Sunday, she seemed to be everywhere