Next time I will...

budvar

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring sun cream.

Bring fancy dress.

Drive up - the rail and ride is horrendous, especially when scorching hot.

Get there earlier on the weds.

Bring more beer.

Go more wild on the Weds night, it really was the only night I wasn't completely knackered for.

Spend more time with the random people I meet.

If I do go again I will either, go in a group, of friends or people off the internets, or go in a camper.

I feel this year was as close to perfect as it could get, and I was planning on making 2014 my last. I would be happy to go out on the high of 2015, so will have to do something different to entice me back.

Go see the wheel of 4tunes everytime they're on again

Absolutely superb way to waste an hour and a half late at night

These guys were fantastic! So glad we stumbled across them!

As for myself:

-take less stuff

-probably arrive early wednesday instead of tuesday night considering where we camped still had lots of room thursday

-get a hotel for monday so we dont have to travel back to Ireland

These guys were fantastic! So glad we stumbled across them!

As for myself:

-take less stuff

-probably arrive early wednesday instead of tuesday night considering where we camped still had lots of room thursday

-get a hotel for monday so we dont have to travel back to Ireland

Where did you camp?

actually go in NYC Downlow, the Rabbit Hole and The Temple. All of which I was meant to do this year. Oops.

Can add all of these to my list, though I did visit The Temple in the Park, which was nice

Using p20 suncream spray each morning, this stuff is a miracle for those that burn at the sight of a 60w bulb.  

Recommendation - use Boots Soltan Once instead.  Cheaper than P20, 5* UVA rating and effective as hell.  I burn quite easily without cream, and I survived the whole week with nary a red mark upon me.

For myself:

Take less booze.  I don't really need to drink during the day except for the occasional cold pint, so no point lugging it all in.  I drank it all, but only because it was there.  However...

Get utterly Gillespied one night.  Always stoned, never properly drunk.

Talk more to random people.

Get more involved in crowds when on my own.  Missed a couple of crowd surfing opportunities because I was loitering at the edge.

Make it to the eFests meet.  Didn't go this year as I'd only just joined the board, but looking forward to it next year.

Bit more time in Green Fields.  This year's (achieved) target was the circus and cabaret fields, next year is green.

Make it to the Rabbit Hole, Secret Piano Bar and Glasto Latino.

Get to Strummerville before 2am on Sunday.

Not lose my phone!

Edited by Quark

Spend longer at the meet

Because everyone's actually very nice

Yeah me too... should've spent longer than an hour or so.

I spent the first 20 minutes talking to an Aussie girl at a picnic table assuming she was with the group before having the sense to ask her about eFestivals, which drew a predictably blank expression.

D'oh