- Spend more time in the theatre and circus fields

- Bring more ale and less lager

- Actually go in the back of the rabbit hole, even if there's a queue

-

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My coach swerving to avoid a crash interrupted me there...

- Pump up my air bed when it inevitably gets deflated after a couple of days

- Take fewer snacks (carrying some home, again)

What lessons have the rest of you taken away? If I remember I'll bump this thread in the run-up to next year to help jog our collective memories

-Be leaving the littlest child at home, as she will be old enough to stop with grandparents for a week, yay!

-Spend more time exploring late night areas, because of above point.

-Watch more headline bands, because of point no 1.

Everytime we've been to Glastonbury I've either been pregnant or we've had a little one in tow, and they've all been wonderful experiences, but I ain't half looking forward to child free next year!

Edited by sazindie

Find some way of getting in and getting space for 5-6 tents without queueing from midnight on Tuesday. Not the best start and I wish they'd never opened the carparks early.

We turned up at 7.30am on Wednesday and had 6 tents with us and were fine - but weren't aiming for one of the more popular spots - next year we're considering not turning up until 10-11 to avoid the queue. 

We turned up at 7.30am on Wednesday and had 6 tents with us and were fine - but weren't aiming for one of the more popular spots - next year we're considering not turning up until 10-11 to avoid the queue. 

Where did you go?

Drink more of my own beer. Ended up buying to much at the bars and have brought some cans and spirits home with me.

Camp in a different area. Been in oxylers for 10 years now, it's time for a change.

Stand in queues for water a lot less. Every morning I went to fill up with water to be greeted by girls wasting gallons of water washing their hair by Friday I was sick of it and barged to the front to ask politely if I can fill up. It worked and other people jumped on board. Why can't they just use a bloody bucket!!

Find some way of getting in and getting space for 5-6 tents without queueing from midnight on Tuesday. Not the best start and I wish they'd never opened the carparks early.

I got it at 1pm, Rivemead mostly still empty, we had seven tents total arriving at various points through midday Thursday and no trouble with space (there would have been room for three more).

Bit of a bear to get back to during the day but just stash your night clothes and extra booze in a central lock up.

Using p20 suncream spray each morning, this stuff is a miracle for those that burn at the sight of a 60w bulb.  Meant I could stay out all day and enjoy everything without having to hunt for shade and then not carrying a bag around with suncream in the night.  I didn't use it on the Sunday as it was meant to be overcast all day.  Sat down behind some chair w***nkers to use them as shade!

I also left my water bottle behind after Thursday - every bar would give you tap water in a  cup free.

...remember where in the house I dropped my car keys after arriving home, so I don't have to spend the next 36 hours looking for the bloody things.  It must have looked to the rest of the family as if I was in the grip of some horrendous post-Glasto comedown/bad trip......