How to post pic on here

leeawilliams19

That looks really small, is it bigger or smaller than balado?

The arena is definetly smaller, don't know about the campsite. The area on the left where the red line steps in and goes round the trees was originally part of the arena but it was lost because of the Ospreys.

It will be interesting to see the photo when all the stages are up. From what's there so far I would say the bars look really close to the main stage, and that tree is going to be a pain if your stuck behind it.

Added the red line to show the extent of the site. 

aerial_Page_1.jpg

That arena layout looks awful. Surely the bbc introducing and T-Break would be much better up behind those trees with the main stage down where the tents are situated. Also where's the radio one stage going - it doesn't appear to be on that map? Presumably up the currently empty end of the field - if so that's a good five to ten minute walk between the two stages if you hang back at the side nevermind trying to get out of the depths. What's going in the middle area between the tree lines - you can't really see either stage from there so presumably that's where Ellis is going to but the Shrang-ri-la type thing he harped on about last year? The arena is definitely smaller - response to declining ticket sales or attempt to create busier feel. The bar between slam and the Main Stage seems like a perfect crush point in the making, especially if anybody draws a massive crowd.

Can't be there this year unfortunately after having one of the best weekends of my life last year at my first - at this rate I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing. I'll keep an eye on forumers report from this year before deciding to go next year.

EDIT: Just looked at the cartoon map - that's slam not king tuts. The arena doesn't look quite so bad now. Still seems a bit packed together though. King Tuts going in between the tree-line- decent use of it, with radio one the other side. The arena is definitely way smaller though if that's slam.

Edited by crazyguy

That's not Tuts, it's Slam. Tuts isn't up yet.

Noticed after posting, thanks anyway. Was trying to work out how the heck it was going to be that small and fit 70,000 odd in.

Is there a webcam of the site by any chance?

Edited by crazyguy

Noticed after posting, thanks anyway. Was trying to work out how the heck it was going to be that small and fit 70,000 odd in.

Is there a webcam of the site by any chance?

I think the bottom part of the site looks okish with main, slam etc. Fairly sure this was the only place the main stage could go due to the ospreys, it wasn't originally there but had to be moved there to suit the birds.

When they stick in King Tuts in the that tiny middle portion and Radio 1 at the far end we'll get a real sense of how much smaller the site is. Moving between Main and Radio 1 could be a a real nightmare.

Don't know of any webcams got the pic off of twitter.

70,000 in tuts? That's not the capacity? Anybody know what is the capacity of tuts. Just concerned about getting in it for courteeners

I meant the arena is a whole. Tut's is 13-15k maxed out - depending on how intimate people feel like getting. I'm pretty sure you'd break records for people per square meter, most broken limbs and deaths from suffocation if you forced 70k into Tuts. :lol:

Edited by crazyguy

Think tuts is 10K - the old Slam was 15K IIRC.

Looks small but then that could be a good thing depending on numbers/layout.

If they somehow reach the 85k licence it will be an absolutely undoubted disaster.

Does anyone have attendance figures for recent years that didn't sell out?

Capacity won't be reached in the near future - that's a certainty.

I reckon T have got the new site in mind for what, 60-70K maybe? 

I've never seen figures - i would presume this kind of thing is kept well under wraps by Ticketmaster/DF. 

Edited by Ahthing

I reckon the best they have done since 2011 is 50-55k. This year will be less again. Good job too looking at that site. 

I remember when they brought in the new improved and bigger Tuts tent and recall a figure of 18k but that could be wrong, or it might be the NME at Leeds but Tuts is at least as big.