Early leavers

Jman2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with going early. I'm staying at the tent for the majority of today - hit a total wall this morning - sometimes the Sunday can just be one day too many.

It can there is no doubt.  I more than often take the "morning off", have a kip, read a paper. etc, then mid afternoon neck a few shots,  head over to the pyramid for a chilled out/dozy afternoon.   Then it's the last night so it would be rude not to.......  ;-)

Last time we were still here in body but the spirit had deserted us by Sunday. That's why we came a day later this year. If I can't do the whole thing, then I'don't rather enjoy the actual festival rather than ball it up by overdoing it from Wednesday.

I get that it can be draining, but you get just 3-5 days of this every year, Make the most of it.

Naive view. I think other threads on this forum over the past few days have shown that there is no shame at all in letting your body tell you when enough is enough.

this is the first time in years I haven't been to Glastonbury and after watching it on TV all weekend I've realised that the thing I miss the most is the first 3 days before all the music starts so losing the sunday isn't such a loss as you can be home in time to watch it on TV

Naive view. I think other threads on this forum over the past few days have shown that there is no shame at all in letting your body tell you when enough is enough.

I just feel sorry for the thousands that have missed out due to their tickets being taken by those that can't cope with less than a weeks worth of camping.

We all have our own festival. I really don't understand why people feel the need to judge anyone else's. Especially from outside of the fence.

Because you're robbing someone else of the chance to experience it, and wasting it yourself. That's why.

Got to agree. Sure everyone has their own festival and should see and do what they want but to leave on Sunday morning when thousands and thousands of us didn't get tickets is a real shame. Glastonbury is as much about the people as the music if you leave you're taking away a part of what makes it special. What a shame. 

Or.... Some people just couldn't get Monday off of work and decided to come and make the best experience they could, before leaving on Sunday?

Some people on here are bloody weird the things they get angry about. They haven't robbed anyone of any experience, they had a ticket and used it however they wanted. They did pay after all.

Do we care about that someone else...

You would do if you weren't a selfish asshat.

am I right in thinking that a lot of sunday day tickets are given out to the locals due to the amount of people that would have already left the site?

I dont believe the two are linked. It's done for locals that maybe can't afford the whole festival but still wish to go for a day. Naturally it wouldn't be possible to do day tickets for any other day but Sunday.

Or.... Some people just couldn't get Monday off of work and decided to come and make the best experience they could, before leaving on Sunday?

Some people on here are bloody weird the things they get angry about. They haven't robbed anyone of any experience, they had a ticket and used it however they wanted. They did pay after all.

Say you miss out next year, and someone that gets your ticket goes home on the Saturday because they don't like it, you wouldn't be annoyed you could be making better use of said ticket?

I could've gone had I wanted, So don't think I'm just being bitter about missing out.

I personally wouldn't be annoyed JMan2. I put the effort in to get a ticket what I do from then on is upto me. If people want/need to leave early fairgame. Look at it this way those early leavers may not try again next year. More chance for tje rest of us