Blasphemy

ColdSideofthePillow

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can confirm oxylers is packed, apart from the one space I vacated was a nightmare navigating our way out.

So the end of an emotive day, things just got too much for me, couldn't locate the medical centre, I'm a numpty with directions! So I've done the only thing I could, I have demolished a duck in ciabatta bread with sweet chilli sauce and drank copious amounts of water.

Thanks to everyone today for their genuine concern. Means a lot to me.

Peace out! Tomorrow is another day.

Can confirm oxylers is packed, apart from the one space I vacated was a nightmare navigating our way out.

So the end of an emotive day, things just got too much for me, couldn't locate the medical centre, I'm a numpty with directions! So I've done the only thing I could, I have demolished a duck in ciabatta bread with sweet chilli sauce and drank copious amounts of water.

I bet you feel better now the temperature has dropped :) Lots more nice things around tomorrow to do. Remember to not put too much pressure on yourself. Have a great festival!

Hope you get a decent nights kip ColdSideofthePillow, and that you feel more fresher and relaxed in the morning, I'm sure you will feel a lot better tomorrow and not feel so exhausted and overwhelmed by the festival. I reckon youre going to have an absolute ball, if you ever feel wobbly over the next few days just head to the greenfields or above the park and have a good long lie down doing absolutely nothing for a while

Edited by dingbat2

Coldside, have a great sleep, first day with travel, sun, excitement, and lugging all your bloody kit for miles takes it out of you. I really hope you feel better in the morning and have a great festival.

Kali fire, wow, just wow. X

Good work fella, we have all had one of those moments, nice one for getting through it and getting sorted.  

That Kali bloke is an absolute diamond.  When you get up tomorrow though, just keep in your head that the majority of folks you meet will want you to have a great time, this has kept me going when I've been having a time of it.

Fair play to you, I sincerely hope you have a fantastic festival.

STL  

(Share .... The .... Love)

coldsideofthepillow, you are partaking in what is commonly known as surviving Glastonbury. It is a mission, and I have been through the ups and downs myself - believe me. The ups should win out, so stick with it if you can :)

Try and think of the reasons that you have ventured to Glasto in the first place, don't necessarily seek them - just let Glasto find you, and let you know what it's all about. Just think, the music hasn't even got going yet..You never know, you might catch the bug and end up wanting to go back - even if not, at least you can say "I survived Glastonbury" if you stick through it.

Good luck, take it all in, take deep breaths when required. Help is on hand if required, as demonstrated in this thread. If you see Emily Eavis, tell her from me that not all forums are bad (as in my signature) :P

Edited by plaskins

Sitting at home with my bags packed around me having a little cry at this thread (emotions heightened right now anyway!)

ColdSide - wishing you the most amazing festival. Promise you that we all find it entirely overwhelming at times but sounds like you are in a better space now.

Kalifire - proper legend.

Edited by OBface

Started reading this thread and assumed there would be an avalanche of aggressive postings "wasted ticket" etc, but the actual response has been amazing.

Anyone going to Glasto for the first time should not underestimate the physical effort involved, particularly arriving and "setting up", always need a chill session after.

Mate, do you have your phone on you? Give me a text. I've pm'd you my number. Let's have a chat and a pint. If I shift my tent slightly and yours is small, you can camp with me if you like. I'm next to a lovely community of young greens just up from where you are at Pennards. They'll give you a hug, a shoulder to cry on and a cup of tea.

This place is huge. It can be overwhelming and all a 'bit much'. So much hype, so much expectation on yourself to enjoy it. It's ok that you're not but don't resign yourself to that.

If you're not inclined to do any of the above, please take yourself to the healing fields. There are some lovely, lovely people you can talk to there. They'll listen, they'll understand and they'll help.

If all else fails, get yourself a few drinks and instead of pressuring yourself to enjoy everything, go and be sad up at Green Futures where there's a lovely gently acoustic sound flowing all afternoon.

Also, come to the meet if you feel up to it.

It'll be alright, mate. Go easy on yourself and try to relax.

What a legend, amazing.

and to coldsideofthepillow, hang in there pal, all upwards from here 

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson