Blasphemy

ColdSideofthePillow

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on this. I located this lovely chap and we shifted up to Lime Kiln. He's gone from a rubbish position with shitty neighbours, noise and a massive walk over guide ropes, to a breathtaking view of the festival, a great walk down to the action and a much quieter, more spacious field. I'm sure he'll post himself but right now he's probably chatting to his friendly, welcoming new neighbours who have already been kind and generous towards him.

We'll meet tomorrow and by hook or by crook, this man is going to have an incredible festival.

Update on this. I located this lovely chap and we shifted up to Lime Kiln. He's gone from a rubbish position with shitty neighbours, noise and a massive walk over guide ropes, to a breathtaking view of the festival, a great walk down to the action and a much quieter, more spacious field. I'm sure he'll post himself but right now he's probably chatting to his friendly, welcoming new neighbours who have already been kind and generous towards him.

We'll meet tomorrow and by hook or by crook, this man is going to have an incredible festival.

Nice one kalifire. You truly get Hero of the Day Award.

Absolute amazing Kalifire. I'm only an occasional poster but this thread knocked me for six today, firstly as I felt bad for the fella (we've all felt like that before eh?) and then again at the brilliant reaction by the folk on here.

Absolutely chuffed to hear things have improved ColdSideofthePillow, hope you have an amazing festival now buddy.

Briiliant kalifire, that was a truly wonderful gesture, you are a grat chap

Great work. Well done. Stuff like this restores your faith in humanity

ColdSideOfThePillow - if you're still following this, turn the page now and start again. This shit never happened. We'll all pretend we didn't see it and just keep our fingers crossed that you have one of your best weekends ever. I'd love to get your thoughts after the festival, though.

Kalifire - your generosity of spirit has completely reaffirmed why I need to be there as soon as possible (about 6pm tomorrow by the looks of it); it's where my kind of people can be found and you are most certainly one of them. Nice work.

Kalifire is a true gent salt of the earth. He assisted me to lower the tent and carry a super heavy rucksack all the way from oxylers to lime kiln.

People here seem much friendlier. I need to get some food now and/or go to the medical facility.

Thank you to kalifire and everyone that has been supportive. Sorry I cannot be at the meet tonight but a few of you now have my number so there's still 4 days to go isn't there :)

Big props to you, Kali. The very embodiment of the Glasto spirit.

Coldsideofthepillow - glad you're a bit more sorted now. Hopefully after a visit to the wonderful people at the Medical Centre you will be back to full strength and ready to drink in everything Glastonbury can offer.

And oh boy, does it have a lot to offer...!

Kalifire is a true gent salt of the earth. He assisted me to lower the tent and carry a super heavy rucksack all the way from oxylers to lime kiln.

People here seem much friendlier. I need to get some food now and/or go to the medical facility.

Thank you to kalifire and everyone that has been supportive. Sorry I cannot be at the meet tonight but a few of you now have my number so there's still 4 days to go isn't there :)

Happy to hear that you are in a better place now - mentally and tent wise.

Is it easy to get to from lime kiln ?

According to the map: http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/FG-Website-Map-v4.png  the nearest walk in medical spot is in "Silver Hayes" which is in the area at the bottom of the path from where you're camped now. I'm sure the stewards have already directed you in that direction but in case you're still looking click on the map link.

This thread has made me cry, so wonderful that so many people reached out to help someone on their own having a nightmare.  Well done all, especially Kalifire,  and to Coldsideofthepillow for hanging in there - hope you have a great festival,  having experienced at first hand true Glasto spirit. The great people really do outnumber the wazzocks.